Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Gamarr » #216175

Bottom post of the previous page:

Depowered airlocks when crowbarred, do not fully open as they do now. Instead it only cracks open halfish, much like when zombies(?) pry them open. This would replace the long standing 'crowbar and it slides all the way open' with a two-step thing. Another crowbar action, hopefully with a minor timer effort so its not instant, and the airlock then actually all the way to the sides. Slight changes would be like as follows:

-The cracked-open airlock prevents running/walking to get through and instead a person has to click and drag much the same as a table (or perhaps having to 'walk' into it, which causes a slight stun given you are squeezing through a vertical slat).
-Cracked open airlocks let you see the tile directly on the opposite side (if possible) or should continue to block LOS barring a glass airlock.
-Cracked open airlocks will still shut after the depowered state like normal when power resets back, and is still similar other than the adjustment that safety-toggle or not, the half open airlock Will close, whether a person is in the gap still or not. The system was not designed for detecting crew in the doorway at such a state, and once the power kicks back in, it finishes closing to seal itself like it's meant to.

Additional ideas for airlocks, that might be shitty: Being crushed by an airlock should have a chance to delimb a person as it closes on their arm/leg/head/tongue.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #216189

I like it, though I don't think airlocks actually do enough damage to cause de-limbing even with their safeties off(though door-slamming does perma stun people caught under it). I think it's equitable to getting hit with a suspicious toolbox.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #216208

Add a wire that makes doors open slower when cut.
Now escaping alone can be done by filling escape with nothing but slow opening doors!
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #216232

Assistants should be able to craft these.
[youtube]IzUoe-9bKa0[/youtube]
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #216357

DemonFiren wrote:Only if it can be multitooled to law-synch and slave them to an AI.
I just had a thought, when you attach angel wings to yourself via a miner it actually changes your core race because it fuses the wings to you.

What if via this application, posibrain or not you actually create a working android (or some kind of non-admin buffed android if its too strong with resists and punches) with the face shifting and concealing features, but also stringent laws. Upon pre-activation with a module (to which illegal modules can be installed for regular android punch strength and resistance) on a fully augged body it becomes a android type.

Theoretically if we're race changing and swapping, ashwalkers could be a genetically digressed lizard via genetic mutational blocks for more changes.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #217093

Malf AIs ought to be able to buy a cyborg for cycles. There's few things more annoying than starting a round as a traitor AI with the robot army objective and not having any cyborgs to start with or any being made in round.
I'd recommend 60 cycles for a cyborg (with supercap+self-repair+illegal equipment module pre-installed in case some meme lord bombs the robo console). The MMI should be a posibrain so if it gets deconned, it can't be put into a Human body as a roundabout way of coming back into a round.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #217222

Rapid wall manipulator (RWM) - a wall content exclusive RCD that allows you to bend the direction of wall for non-square corner/external pieces, for cartridges it also has a number of basic wall settings when applied to a girder. As a additional bonus it can suck metal off walls, though this process takes longer on reinforced walls, much the same way its more expensive to lay plasteel on girders for reinforced walls quickly without anything but cartridge material.

&

Blood slime - makes 0+ blood when injected with water, and gibs when injected with blood, however injecting it with plasma will make it burst out random body parts from random races. Some interesting products of this may yield xeno-limbs, golem/ashwalker parts and whatever parts generate, they will be not damaged, meaning that for toxicity racial rejection you could insert them into a human body or attach limbs on.

&

You can scan body parts with a medical scanner to identify what race it belongs to (specific if this PR https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/20869 gets any more elaboration since all lungs LOOK the same)

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #217650

Make constructable laslock rifles like some low tech worlds in 40k have. Basically a one shot laser musket, should be as unwieldy to use as the improvised shotgun, either needing a new cell for each shot and shot damage scales with cell type, or do the fallout 4 thing with a kinetic crank
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #217653

Make it so you'll need both components and a laser pointer to build one.
Then up the frequency of laser pointer drops.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #217661

Wyzack wrote:Make constructable laslock rifles like some low tech worlds in 40k have. Basically a one shot laser musket, should be as unwieldy to use as the improvised shotgun, either needing a new cell for each shot and shot damage scales with cell type, or do the fallout 4 thing with a kinetic crank
I have an idea of how it could be made with semi-rare parts.

Code: Select all

Laser musket
To craft:-
1x pipe
1x modular receiver
15x cable coil
2x capacitors 
1x sheet of reinforced glass
1x rifle stock
Tools needed:- Wirecutters, wrench and screwdriver
Ammunition: Power cells damage scales with cell type. Standard (7.5k) cell does 15 burn damage at full power. Use inhand to eject empty power cells or use a power cell on the musket to perform a tactical reload.
You could make it right click toggleable to select a power setting on how much % it drains from the power cell. For example, setting it to 50% power would give you a two shot musket but you halve the damage potential of each shot. Setting it to 25% power gives you 4 shots but divides the damage potential by 4. And 10% gives you 10 shots but a tenth of the damage per shot.
Assuming a standard cell does 15 damage, the damage modifiers for each cell type could scale as such:-
  • Potato - 0.1x
  • Standard - 1x
  • High capacity 1.5x
  • Super capacity - 2x
  • Hyper capacity - 3x
  • Bluespace capacity - 6x
This gives the highest damage output at a 90 burn per beam but you have to make and carry a lot of bluespace cells to be able to keep that damage output up (plus you'd have to recharge your cells in a power cell charger which are notoriously slow). Setting it to 10% power would only give you 9 burn per shot with a bluespace cell. This makes it mostly inferior to the standard laser weapons except outside of a few rare circumstances, like you manage to surprise an OP, the HoS or a borg to a full powered, bluespace shot.

And of course, firing the musket with a plasma-filled cell will cause it to explode inhand, destroying the musket and probably take off your arm.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #217672

Can't wait to use this with a 100-potency tesla'd potato battery.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #218255

Poacher/Big Game Hunter costume or traitor clothing.
Basically you'd look like Van Pelt, and either it'd be cosmetic or actually armored/resistant to bleeding, or maybe just some sort of superpower in of itself. That comes with a requirement to shout at your enemies with a bad British accent while having infinite ammo for an elephant gun.
Or just the costume is good so we can have actual Assistant hunting safaris.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #218279

Doesn't Goon have something like that + Elephant gun?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #218314

Gamarr wrote:Poacher/Big Game Hunter costume or traitor clothing.
Basically you'd look like Van Pelt, and either it'd be cosmetic or actually armored/resistant to bleeding, or maybe just some sort of superpower in of itself. That comes with a requirement to shout at your enemies with a bad British accent while having infinite ammo for an elephant gun.
Or just the costume is good so we can have actual Assistant hunting safaris.
A jumanji themed wizard magic event isn't exactly a small or minor suggestion.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #218492

Allow people to build stoves with sandstone or metal, fuel them with tower cap logs.
These things will heat up the room and may work like microwaves.
do we actually have camprifes in the game i forget

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #218495

DemonFiren wrote:do we actually have camprifes in the game i forget
We don't I believe. And that reminds me, is there any way to buff the effectiveness of space heaters? Rooms lose temperature really quick nowadays and it takes absolutely yonks to heat up a room without one, and even with one it's a slow process.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #218503

Anonmare wrote:
We don't I believe. And that reminds me, is there any way to buff the effectiveness of space heaters? Rooms lose temperature really quick nowadays and it takes absolutely yonks to heat up a room without one, and even with one it's a slow process.
Bonfires require oxygen to function (parallel to torches), so that's a camp fire of sorts. I back up the stove suggestion, since having to construct a microwave is technologically advanced and options at current for rustic cooking are limited to throwing goliath steaks on the bonfire (which has a comparable burning to lava)

Space heater take upgrades which increase the temprature ranges and how fast they convert the environmental temperature, any engineer worth their salt methodically goes through and cools every tile post-fire with a upgraded heater for convenience, they can also receive new batteries.

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #218730

Anonmare wrote:
1. we have bonfires
2. screwdriver open the space heater to really turn it up to 11
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
SJ212
Byond Username: Seanjohn212

Post by SJ212 » #219153

make it so bio bags can pick up monkey cubes and deposit them in slime management consoles
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #219163

SJ212 wrote:make it so bio bags can pick up monkey cubes and deposit them in slime management consoles
Already done and merged https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/20910

Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #219189

Rather than an anomalous crystal, make the colossus drop a brute patch.

That way the reward won't be absolutely fucking useless.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #219588

Let slimepeople offer up their excess bodies to ghosts, and give them a hivemind. (That way you can ACTUALLY have multiple of yourself running around)

Also let you eject them from the body if they're being a fuckwit.
lol
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #220332

hallucinations that make you think people are calling out "BZ GAS IN THE AIR!" "CHANGELING HALLUCINATION STUNG ME!" "CHEMIST HANDING OUT MINDBREAKER!" etc
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #220359

Bedsheet Togas.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #220426

Please have the Research Director start with a filled toolbelt! Roboticists do, and they use tools just as much as Robos do.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #220486

Gun Hog wrote:Please have the Research Director start with a filled toolbelt! Roboticists do, and they use tools just as much as Robos do.
r&d powercreep
Spoiler:
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #220489

On most maps the robotics lab already has a spare toolbelt and plenty of tools, I'm usually fine with the RD just grabbing that and would rather it continue to be like that instead of the RD starting with one. After all, that belt could also be given to another scientist in case we don't have an RD so they can do work as well.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #220556

Doritos wrote:Let slimepeople offer up their excess bodies to ghosts, and give them a hivemind. (That way you can ACTUALLY have multiple of yourself running around)

Make this happen please
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #220565

Sligneris wrote:
Doritos wrote:Let slimepeople offer up their excess bodies to ghosts, and give them a hivemind. (That way you can ACTUALLY have multiple of yourself running around)

Make this happen please
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #220722

pAIs in robots should keep their interface and software and have a neat lil screen in the robot itself.
Example:
Hughgent
Byond Username: Hughgent

Post by Hughgent » #220820

I was turned into a living statue by a wizards change spell and I had some thoughts on the experience. You become a weeping angel and essentially can't move when watched while also having some vision affecting spells.

Overall not a bad thing. I think there should be some changes to how it's played.

The "You Cannot Move" message shouldn't pop up with every single input. This is because it gets spammed upon holding a button down, like moving. If possible, because I have no idea about the code behind this, can the message only pop up for 1 in 50 attempts? it would cut down on the spam and more reinforce the "you are a living statue" vibe.

The concept is fun and seeing the reaction of people as you move closer to them is fascinating. But, when a person is changed this isn't really obvious. A message upon being transformed would be a good reinforcement. something along the lines of "Their sight offends.... This world is not enough.... Escape eScapE esCApe...." would give an objective other than to murder everyone.

The living statue as an Antag round wouldn't be terrible from the statue perspective. It would be mostly hanging around in maintenance. Eventually breaking every APC and SMES to cut power and getting on the shuttle alone. From the show the only way to beat the angels was to get them to look at each other. So tricking the angels together would be difficult. 2 minimum and 4 maximum.

Finally, having the flicker light spell affect flashlights as well would be "cool" but probably too strong.
Chowder McArthor
Byond Username: Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #220831

https://i.gyazo.com/500ce6be9ed9fad7582 ... fed8e9.png
Pumpsky around halloween, giving beepsky a little santa hat around christmas.
I like to code. PM me if you'd like to talk - I like to talk.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #220832

Chowder McArthor wrote:https://i.gyazo.com/500ce6be9ed9fad7582 ... fed8e9.png
Pumpsky around halloween, giving beepsky a little santa hat around christmas.
I love it, if you could upload a dmi I could look into it
Spoiler:
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #220833

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1238i6wdild8 ... s.dmi?dl=0
I did it on d20, I could do it here, just waiting for another PR to get pulled because it's my first time and I put my shit into my master branch like a dumbass.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #220863

Just to gauge the general feeling but I feel, based on my observations as of late, that its still very easy for someone to crack a wall in the armory and watch as all the guns and ammo come sliding towards you.

There's always the argument that there should be someone always keeping an eye on the armory, which is a good point, but I want to ask if adding in a north facing glass pane on at least the guns in the armory would be a positive addition or a negative one. The advantage being that someone has to physically step into the armory to loot it from space.
Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #220864

Some kind of health analyzer/sensor + Proximity sensor assembly that goes off only if it detects anomalous readings in someone who passes within prox sensors set range. Such as: set to virus and people who pass by it will make it beep. Attach signaller to get an audio ping on the frequency, for choke points or to see if maybe someone leaves viro while infected, for instance.
Add laser trips to assembling or some sort of scanner addition for airlocks as a specific addition, with a set signaller ping frequency, response (detected virus triggers Quarantine protocol, bolting said airlock instead of opening or with further tweaking, bolting an entire dept if detected).
Chowder McArthor

Post by Chowder McArthor » #221049

Reduce cost of fultons to 750 points, allow them to be stacked.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #221059

You know that would let any halfway successful miner carry around a ton of those.
A full ton.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #221061

DemonFiren wrote:You know that would let any halfway successful miner carry around a ton of those.
A full ton.
oh come on, that's not even okay
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #221063

That's complete ballooney.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #221075

List brute/burn/force stats in the weapon examination text

Same with armor

Im lazy to check the wiki ok
The future is horrible!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #221079

You disgust me, ruin my emulsions and are a casul.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Isane
Byond Username: Isane

Post by Isane » #221198

Make the option to be a Traitor and Double Agent separate. It used to be this way, and that unfortunately led to whatever DAs being caught by security going "I'm a double agent, so and so is my target and a double agent too". However, with Double Agent now having the singular objective of "Kill whoever" and regular traitors usually having two different objectives, DAs and Traitors being the same antag option is now pointless since anyone who's played for one day realizes they're a Double Agent.
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #221214

A TOTALLY ORIGINAL DISEASE

Stage 1: FIRST SIGNS
hallucinations of DEAD people
minor brain damage

Stage 2: SPEECH PROBLEMS
If you say anything during this time
you repeat it frequently but with cutoffs
Example: Ow my head hurts
Ow my head...
Ow m...

Stage 3: LOSS OF MUSCLE CONTROL
You start walking backwards from wherever you were facing for a short time
then the final stage begins.

Final Stage: SUICIDE
any object you have in your hand is used to kill yourself
if you aren't holding anything you do the basic unarmed suicides

Maybe from Virology
possibly as a "random" occurrence caused by botany
or maybe purchasable from Tator menu for 16tc
who knows!

also,
If your wearing a gasmask you are unaffected
If your wearing a gasmask yo...
If your wearing a g...

*loud gunshot*
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #221307

Not suicide.
You've been shot for dropping three apostrophes.
Also, ow my edge.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #221317

DemonFiren wrote:Not suicide.
You've been shot for dropping three apostrophes.
Also, ow my edge.
*quiet gunshot*
MrEousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #221388

Go watch the happening.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #221434

Sad hobo clown props and costumes. Maybe bindles though I want to say those are spread in.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #221438

Should be able to make bindles with rods (or wood) and bed sheets.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #221815

When you grab people who are unconcious or in crit you throw them over your shoulder.
Add clubs that knock you out.
Add a loincloth.

I wanna do caveman ERP. Club some ashliggers and drag them off.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #221838

A stamina damage item, outside of boxing gloves, would be pretty nice, actually. And the sling over your shoulder could be useful. Move slower, but people can't grab them from you without pushing you down.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag