The Cheri Spring Into Fun Event! March 16-22 IT'S HAPPENING

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

The Cheri Spring Into Fun Event! March 16-22 IT'S HAPPENING

Post by Cheridan » #72638

I haven't been able to get as much actual devtime as I would like lately because of my non-NEET lifestyle. However, spring break is coming up! With a whole week free to make hats for Ian, I decided to do something extra special, which I call the SPRING INTO FUN EVENT, inspired by the Terb's Week Of Fun.

Rather than selecting a single person to be my muse, I've decided to make it into a sweepstakes that anyone can win.

How it works:
  • Join my contest group here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/ucp.php?i=176
  • The day before the event starts, I'll choose a random winner from the group via diceroll. Please be available during this time for contact, as the time window is of course limited!
  • We'll discuss your request and then I'll code whatever you want and make a pull request. Immediately afterwards, I'll make another roll and pick a new daily winner and contact them to get sorted for the next day.

Limitations:
  • No entries from people who can already code please. Make your own fun, nerds.
  • Winner requests must of course follow our contribution guide. Meaning, no dragon dildoes or giant firebreathing statues of your own character.
  • No nerf/rebalance "make energyswords do 20 damage instead of 30" style requests. It's the Spring Into Fun Event, not the Spring Into Fun Removal Event. Expansions onto existing items (removable cells for batons, attachable seclites on guns) are fine though. New items, new mobs, new machines, map additions, etc etc are all fine.
  • Requests must be fulfillable in 24hr, naturally. Therefore things like entirely new gamemodes or Oculus Rift integration are probably outside the scope of this event. If you win and are unsure of the level of complexity of your request, we'll discuss it -- sometimes in coding a thing that sounds simple can have a lot of hurdles in the way!
That's it! Start thinking now of what you'll have your coderslave do when you win. :surprised: :revolver: :honkman:
Last edited by Cheridan on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: The Cheri Spring Into Fun Event! March 16-22

Post by Xhuis » #72642

inb4 "code erp" :honkman:
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #72645

What a neat idea. I hope some other coders follow suit for even more funs.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #72649

If I win, can I have a statue of myself coded and hidden in maint?
I play Boris Pepper.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #72651

Bluespace wrote:If I win, can I have a statue of myself coded and hidden in maint?
Cheridan wrote: Meaning, no dragon dildoes or giant firebreathing statues of your own character.

Jesus Bluespace he literally said in the OP no dragon dildos
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #72655

No point entering then. :honkman:
I play Boris Pepper.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #72662

clown statues are already in the game
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #72670

Am I allowed to enter?
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #72672

Gun Hog wrote:Am I allowed to enter?
Sorry, you're probably too good! :cat:
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #72689

Oh shit I'm excited
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #72692

I actually have to agree with Scones.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #72695

time to think of ways to get a jebediah kerman reference into the game

also i stuck ur thread bb
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #72697

Jeb wrote:also i stuck ur thread bb
Oh ya!?!?!

Well i globaled it!
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #72726

MrStonedOne wrote:
Jeb wrote:also i stuck ur thread bb
Oh ya!?!?!

Well i globaled it!
>how to get into the game
>globaled ur thread bb

:(
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #72769

Hey Cheridan if you need sprite for this I'll help.
Hey.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #72783

I can help with some coding, or else bugtesting.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #73434

Clarification on a couple things that I've been asked about -
One, and this ties in with #3 on the Limitations list, but "plz revert X" isn't allowed. Again, the focus is new fun content or expansion of existing content.
Two... contributions are limited to the /tg/station repo. :V Nice try, /vg/station.
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #73669

i'm cring
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #73676

i hav kool ideers 4 code
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #73715

Gonna get myself referenced in the game...then have it pulled 2 months later for being shit.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #73762

I want a statue 10,000,000 Cubits in height that spews fire from its eyes and screams REMEMBER ME! so loud it can be heard on every Z-Level.

I also want it so intertwined with other code that to remove it would require completely rewriting the atmos system, speech system, lighting and the powernet.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #73817

Loonikus wrote:I want a statue 10,000,000 Cubits in height that spews fire from its eyes and screams REMEMBER ME! so loud it can be heard on every Z-Level.

I also want it so intertwined with other code that to remove it would require completely rewriting the atmos system, speech system, lighting and the powernet.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #73988

Loonikus wrote: I also want it so intertwined with other code that to remove it would require completely rewriting the atmos system, speech system, lighting and the powernet.
Simple, I'll base it off ninja code.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #74028

Just add a bunch of checks everywhere that refer to the thing you're adding. That's now Ninja ensured it will be around for many years to come.
Spoiler:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #74193

code ass photocopying please

oh wait
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #74201

Now considering whether or not to request a separate photocopy picture for lizard asses.

Thanks for the idea!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #74437

SCALENIGGER GO HOME
heres a fun idea make lizards have a big sign over their chest that says "valid" and autoban them if they die
then we'll see how many people want to play lizards :)
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #74440

420weedscopes wrote:code ass photocopying please

oh wait
:^]
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
LivingScarecrow

Post by LivingScarecrow » #74516

I had an idea for a new disease one could get from not using sterilized equipment or for letting a wound go untreated for too long. The whole idea is that a wound (or incision from surgery) could become septic. Symptoms could include confusion and fever, with vomiting and blood vomiting coming later due to organ failure. Cure (and prevention) might be sterilizine and spaceacillin. It might make surgery a little more tedious, but I think this could be a great aspect to add to the game.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #74592

i thought this was the spring into FUN event
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #74606

Fun. Fun has changed.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #74630

Fun. Fun never changes.

The end of the server occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many coders, not enough players or admins to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones.

The server was nearly wiped clean of fun. A great cleansing, an atomic spark struck by maintainer hands, quickly raged out of control. Spears of nuclear nerfs rained from the skies. Continents were removed for causing lag and fell beneath the boiling commits. The playerbase was almost extinguished, their ghosts becoming part of the background whining that blanketed the station.

DEAD: Urist McPerson says "oh c'mon i died because of another stupid bug for fucks sake"
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #74784

Fun request: Code the game into the forums so we can weld down the walls into the hacker's PC and robust his graphics card
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #75660

The first daily winner will be chosen first thing tomorrow morning! Now's your last chance!
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #75684

Psst, I still don't know what I want coded.
Hey.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #75714

I had a bunch of neat ideas and have now forgotten them all
Cheridan

Re: The Cheri Spring Into Fun Event! March 16-22 IT'S HAPPEN

Post by Cheridan » #75737

THE DRAWING WINNER FOR MARCH 16 IS........
Spoiler:
FreakyM!!!
Hit me up on IRC or through other means so I can get started!
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #75747

inb4 bomb cap is removed.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75777

I could support that. It's time to re-Pete some of the most culturally-defining shenanigans of SS13.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #75785

FreakyM has been ignoring my IRC queries all day. The plan was to get the requests a day ahead of time so I'd be sure to get them in on time and possibly merged on the day of. In the interest of keeping that schedule, I've rerolled and selected an interim daily winner!

Congrats to Drynwyn!!!

Whoever gets to me first gets the prize. If neither has contacted me in 4 hours I'll roll another, and so on.

After this day's entry is submitted, I will go ahead and pre-assign the winners for the rest of the week to make contact easier to arrange.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #75815

pie cannon
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #75850

FreakyM finally got ahold of me and the entry for March 16th has been completed!

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/8368
Die A Glorious Death objective
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #75851

Cheridan wrote:FreakyM finally got ahold of me and the entry for March 16th has been completed!

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/8368
Die A Glorious Death objective
As stated, I'm declaring the rest of the weeks winners ahead of time:
March 17: Skorvold!!
March 18: Thunder11!!!
March 19: kevinz000!
March 20: DemonFiren!!!
March 21: miggles!! !
March 22: ThatSlyFox!! !!

Contact me when possible to get your orders in!
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #75870

>Demonfiren

I predict a request based on lizards
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75878

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:>Demonfiren

I predict a request based on lizards
Hell yesssssssssssssss.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #76015

My panties are wet. I never win anything like this.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #76074

I declare a miscount, Jeb didn't get selected and Kevin did.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #76221

Did I miss something... what do i do wat
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #76247

kevinz000 wrote:Did I miss something... what do i do wat
Contact Cheridan privately telling him you want me to take your slot.
Falafox
Byond Username: Falafox

Post by Falafox » #76308

I wanted Kamina glasses in-game so badly ;_;