[Mindstormy] Critilius- Banned for releasing deadly virus.

Appeals which have been closed.
Mr Gandalf
Byond Username: Cornflakes2226

[Mindstormy] Critilius- Banned for releasing deadly virus.

Post by Mr Gandalf » #628243

BYOND account: Critilius
Character name: Max Butkus
Ban Type: Permaban
Ban Length: Permanent
Ban reason: Released a deadly virus as non-antag
Time ban was placed: 15:20:17
Server you were playing when banned: Terry
Round ID in which you were banned: 177670
your side of the story: Hello, I was never bwoinked by the admins so I could not explain myself in game. I was learning virology I accidentally drank some virus when I was putting it into the PANDEMIC Machine I vent to medbay to get healed but some guy decapitated me from there the virus spread through the station. I never intentionally released this virus. Admin note says I left the game but I was playing as HOP after being decapitated a message popped up saying do you want to play as HOP I clicked yes.

Virus infection was not my intentions at all I was trying to learn I fucked up. As soon as I asked for help in medical I was lynched and decapitated I could not even explain myself to the people.
Donpedrito
Byond Username: Donpedrito

Re: [Mindstormy] Critilius- Banned for releasing deadly virus.

Post by Donpedrito » #628252

Full ban reason:
Released a death virus as a non antag and left the round before they could be questioned. This is unacceptable behavior.
Donpedrito
Byond Username: Donpedrito

Post by Donpedrito » #628260

I've dived into that round's logs and it appears that the player is telling the truth about not disconnecting.
Logs link (only works for admins for security reasons): https://tgstation13.org/raw-logs/terry/ ... 0/game.log
[2022-02-01 15:24:18.777] ADMINPRIVATE: Mindstormy/(Chance Pattington) has created a permanent server ban for Critilius. Reason: Released a death virus as a non antag and left the round before they could be questioned. This is unacceptable behavior.
-irrelevant stuff snipped-
[2022-02-01 15:24:20.823] ACCESS: Logout: Critilius/(Connor Ronnoc)
[2022-02-01 15:24:20.825] GAME: Critilius[DC]/(Connor Ronnoc) Critilius[DC]/(Connor Ronnoc) is no longer owning mob Connor Ronnoc(/mob/dead/observer) (Port Maintenance (80,113,2))
The player was currently connected when they were banned, and being banned was what caused them to disconnect.
I can't say exactly what happened, but one likely explanation is that they tried to message you via right-clicking the virologist's body; this is a common way to check if a player's online, since if they're offline it will fail to send the message. However, since you weren't in control of the virologist anymore at that point, and were instead controlling the head of personnel, it may have failed to send the message just like if you'd been offline, since the game wouldn't be able to find any player connected to the virologist to send it to.
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #628295

Looks like Donpedrito is correct and I made a mistake when I placed the ban by not checking to see if you had taken control of another mob.

However, I do not think you are new enough to virology to be given a pass for spreading this virus and given your overall playtime (over 600 hours) you should know better than to do this.

I am denying this appeal.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #628311

Since this ban, you have attempted to ban evade (and failed) on another account.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<