BYOND account: Renfairfreak-ii
Character name: Lou Ie
Ban type: server ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Client crashing spam
Time ban was placed: 22/03/17
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 180107
Your side of the story: Someone posted funny hieroglyphics in OOC that lagged the server a little bit, I copied and pasted it once and went on with my round until I was suddenly disconnected, for "client crashing spam"
Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel like being permanently banned with no admin messages beforehand, for copy/pasting something in OOC, is way overkill. I'm not going to try to crash the server / any clients, this is just a silly situation
References of good conduct: I don't play on any other servers
Anything else we should know: it was a pretty funny round, nightmare vs legionnaire on lavaland and they ended up being semi-friendly. A shame I didn't get to see what ended up happening /s
Eronymun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Eronymun

Re: [Eronymun] Renfairfreak-ii Client Crashing Spam

Post by Eronymun » #634120

I gave a perma out reflexively as we have been having recent issues where people would send out alt accounts and spam hieroglyphics to crash clients.
I'll be lifting your perma, but "that lagged the server a little bit" indicates you knew ahead of time that it causes grief for other players. I've been asked by a head admin due to your recent note history in combination with this offense to give you a ban, so I'm reducing it to a 3 day server ban.
Videojuegos is the only word I remember from spanish class