ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor ideas.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: ITT: We make shitty suggestions and come up with poor id

Post by Anonmare » #105144

Bottom post of the previous page:

It looks interesting but alot of the space is horribly under-utilised and it would need a bit of updating to make it playable (Basil had one brief round on it and it was so broken that the only kind thing to do was BSA it).
I'd love to see a re-design of it with the new jobs and with a bit less wasted space, like the corridors being 3 tiles wide and maintenance either being unnecessarily wide or just serving no point.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #105750

Fix ministation.

Then force it 24/7...on Sybil.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #105837

Spike traps! A type of NPC/player mob that attacks people under it WITH MASHY SPIKE PLATES!! The player that creates the trap is its 'master', and will not be crushed, but anyone else attempting to cross will! Spike traps cannot move on their own, but NPC traps allow their master to drag them, and player traps can unanchor at will.

Upon smashing someone, they will deal 100 brute damage (reduced by armor), and inducing a stun slightly shorter than their reset timer. They have somewhat high health, and heal by SMASHING MOBS! It is recommended that the trap's master place and set up its environment in a favorable manner. Inspired by this: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/568517
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #105951

Traitors should get post-it notes in the shape of these bad boys to leave 'subtle' hints for the detective. Or at least have admins place them for a gamemode/event much like the show.

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #106046

Zaffre wrote:Traitors should get post-it notes in the shape of these bad boys to leave 'subtle' hints for the detective. Or at least have admins place them for a gamemode/event much like the show.

make it a HUD overlay for any item that has a fingerprint of an antag player

plot twist: only Ian can see them
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #107045

Give chameleon jumpsuits the ability to report fake damage to the crew monitor via its suit sensors for extraspecial "HELP AI HARM" fuckery.

edit: at first I thought it'd be shitty on account of everyone immediately guessing what you're doing and you might as well be announcing that you're a tator over comms but then I realised that validhunters would be megabanned if they instantly descended upon and dunked someone who was asking for medical help.

Which is still funny, fuckit.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #107172

*inhale and *exhale. You must alternate between the two every five seconds (broadcasting a message to anyone nearby; "Urist McBreather breathes in/out."), or else you start slowly taking oxygen damage. This occurs even when using internals.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #107174

We already had that.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #107185

Cuban Pete Concentrate
INCOMING BROAD-SPECTRUM TRANSMISSION...
Hey Spessmans! Are your bombs weak, impotent and lackluster? Is the mandatory bomb cap getting you down? Don't worry, your friends at the NotTheSyndicate have got you covered with all new Cuban Pete Concentrate! Made from a secret formula that simply CANNOT be beat and will show everyone who's really the King of the Rumba Beat. Simply take the packet, tear off the top and add it to an explosive of your choice to dramatically increase the explosion ten-fold!

Now you're probably saying to yourself, "But NotTheSyndicate! What about the bomb cap? Nanotraesn won't let me explode their top-secret research facilities anymore!", in which case you should probably not talk to yourself like that otherwise people will think you're a weirdo! But as for that old bomb cap, have no fear for Cuban Pete is here! No bomb cap will ever hold you down and you can finally destroy the top-secret facility of your dreams and everyone on it.

Why wait? Order now from your local Uplink for the low, low price of 20 Telecrystals! That's right, ONLY 20 Telecrystals and you too can destroy a corporation.

NotTheSyndicate is not liable if you're imprisoned for life for possession of this product/ingesting this product/unwanted death that may occur. For ages 3 and up.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #107262

You should totally be able to drink that shit, then down a mint while fat and bust with all the force of the nuclear self-destruct.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #107396

Slipping should move you 1 tile forward. If there is something slippery on that tile too, you should continue to slip forward. Imagine all the banana peel slides or traitors setting up sliding traps that lead into electrified doors.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #107399

Tokiko2 wrote:Slipping should move you 1 tile forward. If there is something slippery on that tile too, you should continue to slip forward. Imagine all the banana peel slides or traitors setting up sliding traps that lead into electrified doors.
So... lube?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #107409

Tokiko2 wrote:Slipping should move you 1 tile forward. If there is something slippery on that tile too, you should continue to slip forward. Imagine all the banana peel slides or traitors setting up sliding traps that lead into electrified doors.
Lube used to work like this but it got nerfed hardcore. RIP, slip-line from Medbay to the escape airlock.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #107430

vomiting with a gas mask or sealed space suit should choke you on your own vomit.
all credit goes to Danowar for complaining about the grave inconsistency between eating and regurgitating.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #107558

Get rid of disposals and replace it with trash cans in each room that the janitor has to empty and also has to replace the bin bag.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #107571

D20 station actually has this, or had it for a while anyway
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #107730

Kor wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:tfw i'm the only one that likes ministation
Ministation is fantastic it's my favorite thing Giacom made. Feels like older ~2010 SS13 without all the bloat/trash jobs.
exactly why i hate the station, it's bland, hard to hide in and far too spread out.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #108116

The ability to yank lizards' tails from behind.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Midaychi
Byond Username: Amidaychi

Post by Midaychi » #108130

Wizard spell that works like EI NATH, and counts towards kill objectives.

Instead of gibbing, though, it turns the player into a skeleton that's loyal/given objectives to assist the wizard. The skeletons also have viable brains in their skulls that can be surgeried out, if they ever get caught/beaten down.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #108134

Ketchup dispensers on the wall of the kitchen serving hatch.
I want to be able to cover my burger in ketchup and drunkenly throw it back at the chef when I realise I'm too drunk to handle a burger.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #108156

peoplearestrange wrote:Ketchup dispensers on the wall of the kitchen serving hatch.
I want to be able to cover my burger in ketchup and drunkenly throw it back at the chef when I realise I'm too drunk to handle a burger.
wrong thread
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #108178

Midaychi wrote:Wizard spell that works like EI NATH, and counts towards kill objectives.

Instead of gibbing, though, it turns the player into a skeleton that's loyal/given objectives to assist the wizard. The skeletons also have viable brains in their skulls that can be surgeried out, if they ever get caught/beaten down.
Necromantic Stone says hi
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #108427

Throwing, dropping or otherwise being clumsy with any kind of explosive should have a small chance to instantly detonate it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #108433

Xhuis wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:Ketchup dispensers on the wall of the kitchen serving hatch.
wrong thread
Either you're saying its a good idea or I'm in the right place :P
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #108481

peoplearestrange wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
wrong thread
Either you're saying its a good idea or I'm in the right place :P
Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better, but the frog dies in the process.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #109043

Slaughter Demons should be able to burst out of humans, gibbing them in the process as a hardcore entrance into an area.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #109869

I am about to give you the "best" suggestion I've thought of. Are you ready? Are you sure? Your mind might just be blown.
Spoiler:
We remove the Clown job.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110027

OH WOW FAG GB2 BAY U SKRUB
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #110039

MMMiracles wrote:Slaughter Demons should be able to burst out of humans, gibbing them in the process as a hardcore entrance into an area.
Only if they're bleeding at the time.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #110041

DemonFiren wrote:
MMMiracles wrote:Slaughter Demons should be able to burst out of humans, gibbing them in the process as a hardcore entrance into an area.
Only if they're bleeding at the time.
Let them 'infect' people they manage to crit, healing the victim in the process. That way, the victim is a walking time bomb and host to the demon until the victim is critted again or decides to burst!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #110228

Nuclear Surplus: An uplink option similar to the normal surplus crate, only it contains over 20 TCs of Ops-only items. Enjoy your 2 Big Red Buttons - or your Mauler.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #110451

1. Give the clown a whoopie cushion, which will play a fart sound upon attack_self() or crossed()! If injected with reagents, it will release them in a 1x1 gas cloud!
2. Let R&D make the Chem Sprayer at Combat 6. (I.E. the chemist's wet dream)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #110531

At combat 6 and bio-whatever-an-alien-brain-gives.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #110539

Gun Hog wrote:1. Give the clown a whoopie cushion, which will play a fart sound upon attack_self() or crossed()! If injected with reagents, it will release them in a 1x1 gas cloud!
wrong thread
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #110717

BRING BACK FARTING!!!
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #110733

Gun Hog wrote:BRING BACK FARTING!!!
This is a thread for shitty suggestions, not farty suggestions
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
bandit

Post by bandit » #110858

Anyone whose character's name is Phoebe spawns without clothing.

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #110990

Same for what, Lindsay?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #111756

Getting stuck with an emagged loyalty implant should either make you disloyal to NT or loyal only to the person who implanted you.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #111890

Heart Eating and rituals. The ability to eat and perform rituals with hearts to gain the original owner's courage!

I partly wants this BECAUSE of Grey Tribals becoming maintenance dwelling cannibals, hunting stray members of the crew.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #111894

ThanatosRa wrote:Heart Eating and rituals. The ability to eat and perform rituals with hearts to gain the original owner's courage!

I partly wants this BECAUSE of Grey Tribals becoming maintenance dwelling cannibals, hunting stray members of the crew.
Only if you add this bitchin' hat

(actually it'd be pretty neat for lavaland to have a fuckin' volcano cult gamemode)
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #111898

YES.
Hell a special Tribal Cult round would be great.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #111918

Hulk makes you destroy/shred out of your Exosuit clothing at minimum, meaning no stupid jackets to cover up your skin, or hide behind, atop of why the fuck not, its hulk. He could only wear torn shorts in the first place so maybe even have all clothing but shorts shred upon wearing, or you cannot put on period. Let the wave of naked hulks begin!
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #111925

Gamarr wrote:Hulk makes you destroy/shred out of your Exosuit clothing at minimum, meaning no stupid jackets to cover up your skin, or hide behind, atop of why the fuck not, its hulk. He could only wear torn shorts in the first place so maybe even have all clothing but shorts shred upon wearing, or you cannot put on period. Let the wave of naked hulks begin!
Wrong thread; it'd make it balanced, at least.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #112055

srifenbyxp wrote:I saw a nifty map yesterday of goon station. Lets steal it or better yet make a very similar one.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #112230

let's make the captain's space suit have no slowdown, nobody will powergame and never not wear it right guys
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bandit

Post by bandit » #112869

this deserves to be preserved for posterity
Danowar wrote:Honestly, I kind of wished blob was reworked into, say, a traitor implant. It would cost a ton of TC, but you could either use it to give a victim a cruel, yet potentially entertaining death, create a distraction while you carry out your plans, or use it on yourself if you need to fulfill the "die a glorious death" objective.

admin feedback pls
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #112992

slaughter demons 2: electric boogaloo
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #112997

Putting plasma (or better yet, burn mix) into a jetpack should let you move at ultrasanic speeds while blazing a trail of burning devastation in your wake.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #113011

Bitch, this thread is for bad ideas.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #113061

Screemonster wrote:Putting plasma (or better yet, burn mix) into a jetpack should let you move at ultrasanic speeds while blazing a trail of burning devastation in your wake.
The joke is that jetpacks are already mach 10
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha