maskenary
Byond Username: Maskenary

[Harricross] maskenary - Antag Perma

Post by maskenary » #651349

BYOND account: maskenary
Character name: Reider Meza
Ban type: Antagonist
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Continued the same behaviours as stated in the previous note such as "accidentally" killing themselves testing explosives and then immediately hopping onto another server. We cannot stress enough how much this looks like antag-rolling. Playing on other servers once you die from things out of your control is completely fine, but suspicious circumstances such as constant self-inflicted deaths makes this unacceptable. Ban was applied after seeing the player join the shift on Bagil, Sybil and Manuel.
Time ban was placed: 2022-08-29 00:05:33
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 189425
Your side of the story: I hopped servers partly because I wanted to test weaponry and partly because I thought it would be nice to maybe get antag.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I apologize for my mistakes and I will try my best to not repeat it. I recognize how antag rolling might negatively affect other player's experiences.
References of good conduct:
Anything else we should know: I have also recently discovered that you still have a chance at becoming an antag with a different job even if you select security as high priority. I find security almost as fun as antag, so I have no more reason to continue rolling.
Harricross
Byond Username: Harricross

Re: [Harricross] maskenary - Antag Perma

Post by Harricross » #651361

Hi there, thanks for making an appeal.

To cut things short, I'll be denying this based on previous notes/bans - please read further if you wish for an elaboration.

Two years ago, you received a two month ban for blatantly antagonist rolling and roughly three days before this perma antagonist ban, you were talked to by another admin based on the same thing. They stated that dying to circumstances within your control then immediately connecting to another TG server to do the same thing when you do not roll any sort of antagonist makes it suspicious. You continued to do this by e-lancing yourself on one server and burning down/exploding toxins on another then hopping to a third server.

Normally, very old bans and notes have little influence in decisions, but continuing a behavior even after being warned recently tells us that you are still disregarding the rules we have plainly told you.

Edited for clarity.
Last edited by Harricross on Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
maskenary

Post by maskenary » #651363

When I was doing this behavior I was not fully considering the consequences of what would happen if I continued. Please, I promise I will not do it again. You can perma from the server if I continue rolling.
Harricross

Post by Harricross » #651438

Sorry, still going to have to go with no. You were warned multiple times with no signs of changing.
maskenary

Post by maskenary » #651439

Harricross wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:26 am Sorry, still going to have to go with no. You were warned multiple times with no signs of changing.
What can I do to prove I will change? I am serious that I will not roll again. Also, what is the harm in giving one more chance? Your system will detect any multi connections if I try doing it again.
Harricross

Post by Harricross » #651440

Best I can say is wait a couple months and re-appeal it. If your note/ban history is good and there aren't any indications of trying to get around the antag ban - there's a good chance it'll be lifted.