MommaFuzzy
Byond Username: BottleOfFur

[Pumpkin0] BottleOfFur - OOC in IC

Post by MommaFuzzy » #655495

BYOND account: BottleOfFur
Character name: Can't remember.
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Repeated rulebreakings, culminated in an OOC in IC cascade where they completely lost their cool after being removed from the game. 06:07:49: Reply PM from-BottleOfFur/(Artificer (646)): So just hurry up and ban me already. Was already on their last warning, so this is a permaban.
Time ban was placed: 2021-04-10 06:14:13
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 159970
Your side of the story: It's been a little over a year since the ban was applied. I can only faintly remember what happened, partially gleaning from the ban reason. I assume I got mad at a situation ICly, decided it was okay to OOC in IC for some reason and got pissy in the ticket to the point where I effectively had a melt down and asked the admin to 'just ban me already'
Why you think you should be unbanned: As previously mentioned, it's been a year and a half-ish since I was banned and I'd like to give things another try. I've worked on my anger issues since I was last here and hoping I'd be able to prove that I'm capable of changing for the best.
References of good conduct: Took a fairly large break from SS13 as a whole since the ban, though I had momentarily played Sunset Wasteland and had primarily good behavior there.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: [Pumpkin0] BottleOfFur - OOC in IC

Post by Pumpkin0 » #655499

Hi, thanks for making this appeal.

We can't really confirm your good conduct from Sunset Wasteland, so if you've played on any other traditional SS13 servers, they would be good to know about. In saying that, we believe you have played on Splurt in the past? If that's true, it would be good to hear about that in regards to if you have improved since the ban.
the w
MommaFuzzy

Post by MommaFuzzy » #655503

I'm unsure if taking behavioral reference from Splurt is the greatest of ideas, considering the goings on there and lack of administrative discipline demonstrated on the server. I've been banned from Splurt in the past due to unresolved issues in regards to my own issues and the staff themselves. Eventually, it got to a point where a large metagroup would grudge me every round and attempt to ruin any interactions I had there.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #655505

Yeah, I agree that Splurt might not be the best place to go to for these sort of things, but your play that happens there can heavily influence the perspective of your improvement. Things that were said there in OOC, for one example - stuff that would ring true or close to the sort of thing you did in the past that contributed to your ban.

If there's some way that you could prove to me that you have improved since your ban, and that you won't be repeating how you acted while playing Splurt, that would make this appeal a lot easier to accept. As it stands, it's hard to see much improvement with what we're given, though I would like to see that you have bettered yourself since your ban.
the w
MommaFuzzy

Post by MommaFuzzy » #655507

Look, my dude. Even Splurt was a while ago. Hence why I asked about Sunset Wasteland. A server that's still alive at the moment and run by respectable folks for the most part. I haven't broken a single rule since I joined there after the mess that happened on Splurt. You can quite literally ask the de-facto host of Sunset himself, Carl#2223. At worst he'll say I'm abrasive OOCly, but that's about it. I have yet to break any rules on his server.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #655519

From an image I have seen of your behaviour when you were playing on Splurt, it doesn't look like you were acting in good conduct - and after further deliberation with other admins, we've heard some less-than-promising evidence of conduct across hostchat. With all of this, it's hard to have confidence that you have changed in your conduct and play.

All in all, I feel like before I could accept your appeal, I would need to have you get a solid vouch from a hostchat-affiliated server of good conduct. This means that, until then, this appeal is denied - sorry.
the w
MommaFuzzy

Post by MommaFuzzy » #655533

Here, let me give you a low-down of what went on since my ban from TG (What I can remember, at least). I poked around on Hyperstation, realized Quotefox is a massive, egotistical dickhead and got banned for interrupting public roleplay because he as the captain had a job to do. I messed around on Skyrat, got banned for shitty conduct because haha funny security metacliques alongside me just being a general sperg. Tried Splurt, got ingrained with the community because it was the only ERP server I wasn't banned on, realized too late what kind of place I was in, did some trolling and got banned. Fucked around on Fallout servers for a bit. Rigbe didn't enjoy my antics and banned me for them. Tried Virgo, since baycode is funny. Got banned by Kenzie because I told them 'agree to disagree' after they tried to force me to lick their metaphorical boot and not kill simplemob mice. If you're looking for a show of good faith or anything in that regard, stop looking in the past. My behavior only changed recently. Again, it's why I'm asking you to Talk. To. Carl. Or somebody owning a server where I've been present on in the last month. Dead Space 13 and a few other lesser servers I'm not banned from, because guess what? It turns out being a retarded asshole to people in the past makes for an extensive banlist. Some were my fault, some were theirs, but all in all, you aren't going to find shit unless you go ahead and give me a chance, because thanks to what happened beforehand, I don't have many places to 'get a solid vouch from a hostchat-affiliated server of good conduct'. All I'm asking for is to allow me to take part in a charity event. Are my actions from the prior year too damning to allow that?

And look, I've done all I feasibly can here, if you still want to keep me banned, go right ahead. I started losing motivation to continue this discussion after you started using Splurt- the folks who were quote 'unpersoned' from hostchat- as a reference.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #655535

It's not a good sign if you are running out of places to go to for a vouch, especially if it's because you've been banned from them. My stance still stands, and I can't use Sunset Wasteland as a proper vouch since I don't think they're in hostchat.

I believe that you can change, and it's certainly possible you have, but without a proper vouch or really good reason thst show that you've changed for the better, this is gonna stay.

That's really all I have to say further on the matter, if you feel it necessary you can call for Headmin review.
the w
MommaFuzzy

Post by MommaFuzzy » #655537

So let me get this straight. You refuse to use recent references for my behavior because they're smaller servers that haven't been inducted into hostchat? Instead using things like Splurt to frame my current behavior, which has taken a large shift since then. You're asking the impossible from me right now because I legitimately don't have any other servers that I frequent. If my word isn't enough, I don't know what to tell you, because it's all that I can offer aside from the host of Sunset who you refuse to verify with on account of them not being in hostchat.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #655538

Yes, your word is not enough, I'm sorry. Splurt probably isn't even the biggest thing contributing to this - it's the other bans from other servers that are more damning for the whole situation. Splurt was only brought up because of certain things you said, and certain ways you behaved there - which is important when considering it was brought up by other servers that you have been banned or had bad interactions from.

That's about all I've got for you, sorry. If there is a real change that has happened, and you have had actual improvement, then I'm sure you can find a place to use that will let you play there and gain a vouch from - and once you get that vouch, I'm quite happy for you to come back and appeal again.
the w
MommaFuzzy

Post by MommaFuzzy » #655539

You do realize the tournament is in only a month, right?
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #655540

The tournament is not my biggest concern, sorry.
the w
MommaFuzzy

Post by MommaFuzzy » #655541

But yeah, fuck me for thinking you'd be willing to forgive and forget about something that happened over a year ago and that I've on multiple occasions apologized for. If you're intent on holding this grudge, there's nothing I can really do about it. It doesn't help that I have nowhere else to get a vouch, nor do I have the ability to get one in a month's time. You're asking an impossible feat of somebody who just wants to let things go and show you that they've changed.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #655571

MommaFuzzy wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:28 am It doesn't help that I have nowhere else to get a vouch
Possible servers:
1. Paradise
2. Goonstation
3. Fulpstation [Edit by Timberpoes: They don't give vouches in my experience]
4. Yogstation
5. Baystation
6. TGMC
7. Citadel

[Edit by Timberpoes: Removed peanutty aspect of this post prior to approval]
MommaFuzzy

Post by MommaFuzzy » #655627

I appreciate it. Only one I can't do is Citadel, but it means a lot that you're willing to help me find a place to show that I've improved. Looking forward to making an appeal with a vouch in a while.