[Shaps] SomeguyThatisnotaguy - Banned for something i dont recall doing and is said to be applied a long time ago

Appeals which have been closed.
SomeguyThatisnotaguy

[Shaps] SomeguyThatisnotaguy - Banned for something i dont recall doing and is said to be applied a long time ago

Post by SomeguyThatisnotaguy » #655780

BYOND account:[b/] SomeguyThatisnotaguy
Character name: Dont remember
Ban type: Server
Ban lenght: Permanent
Ban reason: As a nonantag cargo tech,Shot a felinid crewmember to death fnr. When asked if they'd read the rules,Went off on a tangent about felinids being a fetish race and something about zipperhead wannabes.
Time ban was placed: 2021-06-29,05:41:38.
Server you were playing on when banned: Basil.
Round id in which ban was placed: 165011
Your side of the story: So i hopped on my computer,Tried to play on basil then the ban messaged popped up, It was not that long since i stopped playing, It was only a couple of weeks, The ban's date was 2021,Which is a long time ago,But i wasnt taking a break on that date,Since i stopped playing a couple of weeks ago it was strange for it to show up that date,And i never recalled doing that,I supposed this was a misunderstanding and started posting this forum so i can get my ban lifted.
Why do you think you should be unbanned: I did not recall doing that on basil,I think this was a misunderstanding (again) And i wish for my ban to be lifted,Because i dont remember doing that,It was also a long time ago but never recalled playing on that date nor taking a break,Since i took a break weeks ago (even again) and i dont really recall of tgstation existing on those dates,No i am not lying,I am really serious
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [Shaps] SomeguyThatisnotaguy - Banned for something i dont recall doing and is said to be applied a long time ago

Post by Shaps-cloud » #655822

Well, your record on this ckey seems clean and there's no hits that seem to link you to the behavior of the account that got banned, so I guess I'll just chalk this up to the luck of an IP collision and apply the unban. If you've recently started using a VPN though, I'd advise you to be careful when connecting to /tg/ since it might get you matched with other banned accounts who also used those VPNs. If that's the case, let us know and we can put a note mentioning that on your account to keep this from happening again.

Either way, ban lifted, enjoy your stay
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.