please apply to be a sybil admin

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

please apply to be a sybil admin

Post by Scriptis » #658284

viewforum.php?f=82 click here and apply. according to goofball we'll hire anybody with a pulse

we're also taking suggestions
Spoiler:

bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Re: please apply to be a sybil admin

Post by bastardblaster » #658286

we need more sacrifices to the grinder and the old admins have stopped falling for the home alone traps we need fresh blood

sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #658292

Sybilstation has. TWO Administrators. RAGEGUY AND TREXTER. THESE ARE SYBILSTATION'S *ONLY* ADMINS AND ONE IS A TRIAL. Special shoutout to That Engineer, Wabash + co. but I have to have a cool opening)

I UNDERSTAND FINDING CANDIDATES IS HARD SO I HAVE CREATED A LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE SPARK OF AN ADMIN ((THESE ARE NOT A LIST OF FRIENDS IN FACT MOST OF MY FRIENDS WOULD MAKE TERRIBLE ADMINISTRATORS))

1. ToastGoats (Paul Grumblestumpskin). 2500+ ROUNDS, WAS GIVEN EVENT RUNNER, NICE GUY. CALM TEMPERAMENT. ROLEPLAYS.
2. DeathHasForm (Rufus Quail). 800+ rounds. MEDBAY MAIN (???). FITS THE ADMIN PHENOTYPE. ALREADY ON DISCORD.
3. UnderARock (Frann Quary). 1900+ rounds. ANOTHER HEALSLUT MAIN (?!?!?!). SAME AS ABOVE ONLY FEMSTATIC. HOW HAVEN'T YOU SPOTTED THEM YET.
4. Ccheese_god (Adrian Rifler). MATURE, CHILL dude. NO BLEMISHES. 1500+ rounds. LEVEL-HEADED.

THESE FIRST FOUR ARE ABSOLUTE NO-BRAINERS, JUST RECRUIT THEM ALREADY. NOW ONTO SOME OTHER GOOD PICKS:

5. Bugstep (Motthew/Palladium). 1000+ rounds. SECURITY OFFICER THAT DOESN'T POWERGAME. CHIPPER FELLA. GOOD VIBES.
6. Kendrickorium (Sunshine Day). 2600+ rounds. LITERALLY ALREADY AN OBSERVE-MAIN. ROLEPLAYS AND SITS IN BAR INSTEAD OF TDM'ING.

THERE ARE 6 PERFECTLY GOOD ADMINISTRATORS. IF YOU MADE EVERY ONE AN ADMIN AT THE TIME OF THIS POSTING ONLY GOOD WOULD COME FROM IT. YOU'RE WELCOME.
Spoiler:
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #658304

no
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #658305

i dont have the work ethic or the ability to resist burnout no thanks
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658306

I already applied, they didn't want to train me. :(
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #658307

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:44 pm 3. UnderARock (Frann Quary). 1900+ rounds. ANOTHER HEALSLUT MAIN (?!?!?!). SAME AS ABOVE ONLY FEMSTATIC. HOW HAVEN'T YOU SPOTTED THEM YET.
Just pointing out that UnderARock is a former admin who retired last term.
Bugstep
Byond Username: Bugstep

Post by Bugstep » #658323

i went through the grueling process of remembering what my forum password was to do 3 things
1) thank axle for speaking kindly of me
2) cancel axle for deadnaming me as motthew
3) i guess apply for admin now. time to make a mistake
(that's me in the winter coat and cargo beret.)
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #658324

I was an admin for a small mrp server and that was tedious enough, can't imagine doing it for fucking sybil of all places
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #658328

Sounds lovely, let me finish my finals and I'll give it a shot.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #658330

I'm just mad that Sinful didn't mention me.
Image Image
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #658331

imagine putting sybils best captain at the bottom of that list
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #658332

ive heard if you are bad at admining in manuel, you get sent to sybil and terry to do admining, scary shit I know
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #658335

We've had a lot more coverage from That Engineer lately, since I praised him in his feedback thread. If y'all went over there and showered him with love and affection I'm sure we could socially bully him into hopping on more.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #658337

why would I do that
► Show Spoiler
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #658338

I did apply on November 13. It was ignored for 11 days before being denied because one or more headmins didn't want me on the team. That's fine, I expected it.

From my application:
I'm not ignorant. I understand that a lot of people don't like me. In my two years of playing here I've been involved in two small community dramas, during these dramas I've quite honestly made a fool of myself, especially in the first. Now while I've moved on from both, I'm aware that my out of game record isn't 100% clean and it would be understandable if some members of the community disliked the idea of me being added to the admin roster.
I was told I could ask some questions before it was closed so I did. This was on November 25.
The two big ones I asked are:
Can I ever become an admin or have my past actions made that impossible?
And
Why wasn't I approved, what was the reason? I don't care who is was, but if possible, I'd like to know WHY I wasn't approved
I'm not sure if they're busy or just ignoring me but I still haven't gotten a response.
It keeps getting worse!?
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #658339

A couple years ago I wanted to try being a jannie, but I don't play SS13 regularly enough to justify it anymore. There's just too many other things I've committed myself to.
► Show Spoiler
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #658342

Mice World wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:05 am I did apply on November 13. It was ignored for 11 days before being denied because one or more headmins didn't want me on the team. That's fine, I expected it.

From my application:
I'm not ignorant. I understand that a lot of people don't like me. In my two years of playing here I've been involved in two small community dramas, during these dramas I've quite honestly made a fool of myself, especially in the first. Now while I've moved on from both, I'm aware that my out of game record isn't 100% clean and it would be understandable if some members of the community disliked the idea of me being added to the admin roster.
I was told I could ask some questions before it was closed so I did. This was on November 25.
The two big ones I asked are:
Can I ever become an admin or have my past actions made that impossible?
And
Why wasn't I approved, what was the reason? I don't care who is was, but if possible, I'd like to know WHY I wasn't approved
I'm not sure if they're busy or just ignoring me but I still haven't gotten a response.
Not gonna lie, this kind of pisses me off. The admin team treats Sybil like a red-headed stepchild - none of them want to admin on sybil themselves, but then whenever someone who DOES want to admin sybil applies, they ignore it and it gets denied for lack of trainer interest and/or unclear/unspecified reasons.

Same thing happened with my application (prior to my drama), before after a couple of weeks it was denied because I called Manuel players Manuelets, but even then Timberpoes acknowledged that honestly there just wasn't any trainer interest.

Like damn, y'all won't run the server, and you also won't let us Sybil players run the server either, so we just live in a constant state of anarchy.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #658343

Mice World wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:05 am I'm not ignorant. I understand that a lot of people don't like me. In my two years of playing here I've been involved in two small community dramas, during these dramas I've quite honestly made a fool of myself, especially in the first. Now while I've moved on from both, I'm aware that my out of game record isn't 100% clean and it would be understandable if some members of the community disliked the idea of me being added to the admin roster.
I'm not sure what your response said, but I can easily write you a mock rejection letter.

Firstly, we don't want any controversial picks. Your little scuffle with Coffee, and the bit of drama you attracted in that forum thread earlier, although you didn't start it - we just don't need that drama or potstirring on the adminteam. We want uncontroversial, mild, and soft-tempered admins who will keep their nose down and observe a few rounds a day.

This is partially why Manuel has lots of admins and candidates but Sybil and Terry are left out to dry. It's more about how you'd fit in with the team than if you'd do the job well, and MRP players fit in quite easily for obvious reasons. There's also the issue that you need someone to be interested in training you, and have all three headmins sign off on you. If 2/3 of the headmins don't play LRP, well, it'll be a bit difficult for them to form an opinion about an LRP player as a candidate aside from what other admins can tell them. Which isn't much since there are hardly any admins on LRP!!

Hence why I have procured this recommendation list to help expedite this process.. FREE of charge.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #658344

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:02 am
Mice World wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:05 am I'm not ignorant. I understand that a lot of people don't like me. In my two years of playing here I've been involved in two small community dramas, during these dramas I've quite honestly made a fool of myself, especially in the first. Now while I've moved on from both, I'm aware that my out of game record isn't 100% clean and it would be understandable if some members of the community disliked the idea of me being added to the admin roster.
I'm not sure what your response said, but I can easily write you a mock rejection letter.

Firstly, we don't want any controversial picks. Your little scuffle with Coffee, and the bit of drama you attracted in that forum thread earlier, although you didn't start it - we just don't need that drama or potstirring on the adminteam. We want uncontroversial, mild, and soft-tempered admins who will keep their nose down and observe a few rounds a day.

This is partially why Manuel has lots of admins and candidates but Sybil and Terry are left out to dry. It's more about how you'd fit in with the team than if you'd do the job well, and MRP players fit in quite easily for obvious reasons. There's also the issue that you need someone to be interested in training you, and have all three headmins sign off on you. If 2/3 of the headmins don't play LRP, well, it'll be a bit difficult for them to form an opinion about an LRP player as a candidate aside from what other admins can tell them. Which isn't much since there are hardly any admins on LRP!!

Hence why I have procured this recommendation list to help expedite this process.. FREE of charge.
Why don't you apply?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #658345

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 am
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:02 am

Why don't you apply?
Because then I would have to stop peanutposting and saying stupid things on the discord. I suspect this is more enjoyable than being an admin.
Spoiler:
Imitates-The-Lizards

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #658346

Well, at any rate, I already said I would apply again in August after I appeal my Discord ban (presuming that gets accepted). I'm sure that will go absolutely swimmingly (/s). Maybe I can get a vouch from Sticky.

If that one guy on Yogstation can go from permabanned to server host, I'm sure I can go from "only banned on Discord and actually the banning admin already acknowledges I'm innocent of my ban reason anyway" to LRP admin.