The Chubgger's Ban Appeal (Tyrique Gray)

Appeals which have been closed.
The Chubgger

The Chubgger's Ban Appeal (Tyrique Gray)

Post by The Chubgger » #80982

Title/subject: Perma Banned for metacomms again (Yeah, i'm retarded) But this is misunderstood.
Byond account and character name: The Chubgger, Tyrique Gray.
Banning admin: vekter
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The server(s)
Ban reason and length: Metacomming, Permanently
Time ban was placed (including time zone): January 3, 2015 @ 2:37PM EST.
Your side of the story: My friend was fairly new to the server, It was his second or third day on, and he still didn't know how to do many jobs, so I thought it would make sense to teach him the jobs instead of him being clueless and leaving the server. (And never coming back). I got on Skype with him, to teach him the botanist job, Although it may be a simple job, to new people, everything is complicated. The only IC information we exchanged is our jobs, Him being a botanist, me being a virologist. He told an admin he was on Skype with me (If he has any sense of what he was doing, i'm sure he wouldn't tell an admin, on himself, but he didn't know metacomms was a thing.) and the admin immediately started questioning me. I said I didn't know him, thinking it would be simpler for me and the admins if no one knew about me helping out a noobie, but looking back on it now, it seems really stupid about what I did and i'm sure the admin would have been fine with me teaching him the game, instead of me lying to him and saying I didn't know him. Again, we weren't exchanging any information except for out jobs so I could teach him how to do his, and potentially mine. We didn't intend to interfere with the game at all, making it unfair for anyone. (I don't think we did.)
Overall, I think it's okay to had me banned, what I did was stupid and I should have been honest with the admins. I wouldn't have been interested in this game either if a friend hadn't taught me how to play, it's a very confusing game when you first get into it.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didn't really do to much wrong except lying to the admins (Now that I look bad on it I feel retarded and wish I could go over that moment one more time). I keep coming back because this is, by far, the best SS13 server and that's why I keep coming back, and making these appeals. I tried other ones, but they are bad, and don't have the same atmosphere as TG (No pun intended.)
Very Aggressive Crab states, and I quote: "WOW, YOU MUST BE A FUCKING IDIOT IF YOU GOT PERMABANNED." And I agree. I feel like a fucking idiot for not telling the truth when I had the chance. I know, in my last appeal, I said it wouldn't happen again, but shit happens and I'm sorry that it did, but I can't go back and change what happened, all I can do now is apologize and make this appeal.

Thanks for taking the time to finish the appeal, sorry for it being a bit lenghty.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: The Chubgger's Ban Appeal (Tyrique Gray)

Post by Vekter » #80983

I have a very low tolerance for being lied to and for repeat offenders. I can believe that your friend is new, but why would you try to bullshit me when you're just trying to help your friend? If I ask you if you're metacommunicating, odds are I already know you are.

How many times now have you been banned for metacomms?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
The Chubgger

Post by The Chubgger » #80992

This is my second time, but this time is different. I was being retarded, and wasn't thinking. I thought I would get banned even for helping my friend, so I tried to make it seem like there was no problem, but there was. I was lying and you knew it. However, if I would have been honest i'm sure I would have been fine, and i'm sorry for that. You don't need to unban me, and I understand if you don't, But if you feel like it's the right thing to do, then do it. All I can do is apologize for my brain not functioning correctly during that time period, but I assure you, it's in full working condition now.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #80993

"We didn't intend to interfere with the game at all, making it unfair for anyone. (I don't think we did.)"

Your friend the botanist was breaking windows and shit in medbay, when I asked them why they were doing it they said "I'm looking for the virus man, he told me to find him but didnt tell me where he is" and followed it with "we're on skype". I ahelp'd your friend, sorry.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
The Chubgger

Post by The Chubgger » #80997

I did not see his actions, nor do I approve of them, I just told him that I was a virologist so I could teach my job to him over Skype. He didn't say that he was breaking windows, or even trying to find me. I didn't even know that he told vektor until vektor messaged me, telling me that "LEGOxNINJA told me that you two were on Skype."
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #81029

Understand that if I were to give you a second chance, it would be your last one. Any bannable offense for 6 months from your unban date results in you being permabanned. Any metacommunication for any reason results in both parties being permabanned.

Clear?

E: This is why I'm hesitant to unban you.
Notes for thechubgger: [+]
28-Aug-2014 | xblueexorcistx, The Chubgger and Tyrone Rivers know eachother. Supposedly they dont metagame, no cooperation was observed. ~leibniz [-]
29-Aug-2014 | The parties mentioned in the previous note are metagaming. Keep an eye out for shenanigans. ~exalted12 [-]
06-Sep-2014 | Banned for 0 minutes - Highly suspected meta comms with antag cooperation with the player warned of in notes. ~blessedheretic [-]
07-Sep-2014 | UnbannED after appealing and confessing to meta comms. ~blessedheretic [-]
07-Dec-2014 | Appears to be friends with DickFreedomJohnson doing le epic rowdy nigger routine. Guy really has a lot of metacomms notes. ~saegrimr [-]

14-Dec-2014 | Started attacking and crit a shaft miner during a blob round because the shaft miner broke into R&D and started doing research. ~saegrimr [-]
14-Dec-2014 | Banned from Captain, Head of Personnel, Head of Security, Chief Engineer, Research Director, Chief Medical Officer - Suicide at roundstart as CE. ~saegrimr [-]
25-Feb-2015 | Flooded Toxins with plasma to 'cover his tracks' when there were no aliens anywhere near him. Sounded understanding, warned. ~scones [-]
01-Mar-2015 | Permanently banned - Metacomms with LEGOxNINJA. Lying in adminhelps. Eventually admitted to it. Three strikes, you're out. ~vekter [-]
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

The Chubgger

Post by The Chubgger » #81081

Yes, I understand. I will try to keep my future notes to a minimum. Playing when friends are on makes it a bit suspicious, so I won't play if any friends come on. Thank you for my final opportunity.
The Chubgger

Post by The Chubgger » #81146

Is there going to be anymore responses? I havn't gotten one in hours.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #81181

Sorry, busy day. I'll unban you later tonight.
Spoiler:

The Chubgger

Post by The Chubgger » #81222

Thank you, vekter.