NickFLR
Byond Username: NickFLR

[vekter] NickFLR - Followup on my last appeal

Post by NickFLR » #692418

BYOND account: NickFLR

Character name: Nyle Black

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Perm

Ban reason: Constant self-antagging over the last few months. Was shoved, pied, and noogied by an assistant a few times and used that as justification to immediately over escalate
the issue, critting him. After the assistant was revived immediately tried to cuff him. Assistant shoved him, which he used as justification to kill him yet again and
behead him. You still can't seem to understand why "self defense" doesn't include killing people for giving you 10 brute damage.

Round ID in which ban was placed: 197254

Your side of the story: Around six or so months ago (i think please don't quote me on my horrible memory) I was banned for being immature and overreacting to being grabbed and noogied. This appeal is a follow up to my last appeal (original appeal) where Vekter told me that if I was able to play on bee for a significant time without any trouble I could reappeal.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Since that post I've had great standing within bee, I've had I think 1 admin help which I don't even think resulted in a note (it was me detaining someone as a detective which I didn't even realize was against the rules, my bad) but yeah apart from that I've been all set, I do have 24ish hours and I am more than willing to play more if need be, to be honest, I actually kind of enjoyed it, sometimes it did get a bit dry though thats my only complaint.

Anything else we should know: Beestation was definitely a good learning experience for myself to indulge in a heavier role play scenario, and it helped me understand the importance of actually reading into what specific jobs do what and how to keep myself busy. As I said before, I am more than willing to put in more hours if need be, and if I was to be unbanned, I might still actually play beestation as an alternative sometimes to switch things up a bit. Again, thank you for reading my appeal and advising me to play bee, I definitely enjoyed my time there and to be honest it was way more fun than I expected it to be.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [vekter] NickFLR - Followup on my last appeal

Post by Vekter » #692457

Hey, thanks for appealing. I've asked the headmins to poke Bee and see what your history over the last few months has looked like. Centcom shows no bans since your last appeal, which is promising! Hopefully I get a positive response from them and we can give this another shot.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #692499

Alright, so the information I got back from Bee wasn't as shiny and chrome as I was hoping. You have fairly low hours played (only 27 over 6 months) and a few notes, though those notes don't match the reason I banned you in the first place. You were at least honest in your post about having a low living hours count, so I appreciate that.

I will level with you - your history here is just really fucking bad. Like, "I'm kind of surprised it took us this long" bad. While I appreciate that you've taken strides to improve, how can I be assured that you'll act in good faith when you return here?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

NickFLR

Post by NickFLR » #692501

I understand the concern, and as I said before, if need be I can spend some more hours on bee, apart from that I completely agree that its difficult to ensure my behavior is gonna be good with my bad history. I can't really give much more than my own word which I know probably isn't worth much as per my history and my willingness to play some more on bee.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #692503

Alright, I'm going to give you another chance. Please do your best to make it count. I have faith that you can improve and I really don't want to be proven wrong.
Spoiler:

NickFLR

Post by NickFLR » #692505

Thank you vekter, I won't let you down.