[Pumpkin0] cvs_pharmacy - ghost ban

Appeals which have been closed.
CVSPharmacy
Byond Username: CVS_Pharmacy

[Pumpkin0] cvs_pharmacy - ghost ban

Post by CVSPharmacy » #700333

BYOND account: CVS_Pharmacy
Character name: William foster (or golem name)
Ban type: ghost role ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: pAI, Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn permanently - After being killed by a paradox clone, took a servant golem role and went drectly to where ther body was hidden and reclaimed all their stuff. After ths, they went to the HoS and asked them to order them to kill 'William Foster' (Ther paradox clone.) After this, hunted down the paradox clone and killed them for the sole purpose of getting OOC revenge. This is clear-cut metagaming.
Time ban was placed: 2023-05-13 02:39:15
Server you were playing on when you were banned: manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 205569
Your side of the story: I really fucked up when I got too angry after dying and going to the hos to tell him to let me kill William foster, though I do want to mention I took the body after I killed the paradox clone not before.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have read the rules again and now I understand what I should do when taking a ghost role and how to rp correctly without affecting others' game play experience. I have taken a lot of time before making this appeal so that I could actually better myself and make sure I won't do this again.
Anything else we should know: well more of a question but can I run for headmin if I have a note history
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: [Pumpkin0] cvs_pharmacy - ghost ban

Post by Pumpkin0 » #700464

Hi there! Thanks for making this appeal.

I do want to address a thing or two though, starting with a note you received earlier this month.
You ended up taking a syndicate lavaland role and using that as a second life to get back to the station and start playing as a revolutionary again. For some reason the ghost role ban let you take that role, which is being looked into now, but this isn't the greatest behaviour. I can't really say you've improved if you've only just recently repeated a very similar incident involving taking a ghost role in order to get back into the main round and continue playing as if it were a 'second life'. In the same way that you used the servant golem role as an excuse to hunt the player that killed you, this second incident involving lavaland syndicate had you wearing your ID of 'William Foster' again, which shows me that you were willingly using it in the same way you did the golem role.

Right now I don't think I can lift this appeal in good faith, I'm sorry.
the w
CVSPharmacy

Post by CVSPharmacy » #700560

I wasn't alive that round to begin with, I was observing, not using it as a "second life". As for the Id I forgot the name thing. I'm pretty sure you can actually just see the ticket to check for yourself, please don't jump to conclusions again.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #700581

Even if you were observing, that doesn't mean this isn't 'using a ghostrole in a malicious way'. You may have forgotten that you weren't playing your static but that is just kind of indicative of the fact that you were using it as a 'second life' to begin with (you forgot you were playing a lavaland syndicate so hard that you just started being a crewmember on the station with a sniper rifle, which goes directly against the spirit of the ghost role and the requirements behind it). Even despite these minor differences it still doesn't change the fact that you are doing something extremely similar to what got you banned in the first place.
the w
CVSPharmacy

Post by CVSPharmacy » #700606

First of all, I didn't go on the station to be revved and, I went out of the base to get materials until my other scientist tried to walk over the lava gap and died, since I could no longer return due to my wheelchair being burned, I just decided to head to the mining station. I had no intention whatsoever to become a crewmember and metagame. I would really appreciate it if you actually read the ticket instead of assuming I used a ghost role as a "second life"
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #700615

No intention to do so, maybe - but you absolutely did. Went up there with a sniper rifle and starting gaming on revs/nonrevs depending on which side you were on. Sadly I'm not really the one who placed that note so I only have the context I'm given but from my understanding you still shouldn't have been leaving the base anyways - "DO NOT abandon the base." is displayed in your chat as soon as you spawn in as a lavaland syndicate. You abandoned the base *and* used that as a way to go up and play on the station regularly.
the w
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #701945

CVSPharmacy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:08 pmAnything else we should know: well more of a question but can I run for headmin if I have a note history
As long as you're not permabanned from the game or blacklisted you can run for headmin.

Are you interested in continuing this appeal? You haven't responded in 10 days.
CVSPharmacy

Post by CVSPharmacy » #702657

Well if I continued the appeal would I be able to actually get my ghost role ban appealed? I thought they said they weren't gonna lift it.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #702665

You can continue arguing with the admin or request a headmin review if you don't think the admin's correct.
CVSPharmacy

Post by CVSPharmacy » #702666

what exactly would a headmin review do
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #702669

Headmins look at the ban and decide if it should be upheld or lifted. If despite what the admin tells you you think that your ban is not valid you may request it.
CVSPharmacy

Post by CVSPharmacy » #702678

i think my ban is valid, i just think that enough time has passed (4 months) and I'd like another chance at ghost roles
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #702742

I think what I'm looking for here is at least an acknowledgement and regret of the mistakes you made. It didn't really feel like you understand what made the whole 'using a ghost role to cause trouble in this way' bad, only that it was. If you can show me that you understand why using a ghost role to pursue people from a past life or go up to the station when you're not supposed to is bad, I could honestly see that as reason enough to give you a second chance.
the w
CVSPharmacy

Post by CVSPharmacy » #703532

I know now that using ghost roles as a way to get back at others or "metagrudge" is against the rules, i have learned to not do this and have done better at stopping this. I hope I can show how I have improved given a second chance
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #703566

Works for me. I'll see if I can get someone to unban you from ghost roles.
the w
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #703610

Done.
the w