Appeals which have been closed.
tospa
Byond Username: Firatcinar

Ban Appeal (justice 12354)

Post by tospa » #700416

BYOND account:Firatcinar
Ban type:Ban Evasion
Ban length:Permanent
Ban reason:I do not know how to put here.
Time ban was placed:2023-08-17
Round ID in which ban was placed:212761
Your side of the story:I've created multiple accounts while playing SS13 because I often lost access to them for various reasons, such as accidentally deleting BYOND and needing to reinstall.
Why you think you should be unbanned:Recently, I did experience a temporary ban. However, either before or after(as after i mean when it lifted) the ban, I created an account on my brother's computer to assess the quality of his internet connection but if i remember i only played on goon and if i did played on TG it was probably for a very short time as the reson why i dont remenber(i only played in this account for a day or bit more)
References of good conduct:i never ban evaded before in any of my bans in TG before
Anything else we should know:Firatcinar is the account i am using
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Ban Appeal (justice 12354)

Post by Vekter » #700439

Hey, thanks for appealing. I'll forward this to Justice, but can you post a list of all the accounts you've created? If your ban is lifted, we'll need to know all of them so we can actually re-admit you.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
tospa

Post by tospa » #700441

I believe the names in the ban was all of them
Last edited by Timberpoes on Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed potential self-dox via local file URL
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #700447

Hello, Firatcinar. Thanks for appealing.

The Ban Reason was:

Code: Select all

Ban evasion of aseriyah, gdfgdfgderer and lafoil. Multi-ckeying or carzan, cinarfirat and ulmusf8670. Appeal on the forums if incorrect (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=7).
I will be lifting the ban. However, I need to know your brother's username in order to avoid issues with matching IPs. For your own privacy's sake, feel free to DM me over Discord (justice54), or I can alternatively open a help ticket I have opened a help ticket over Discord so you may share said information without exposing it publicly.

Here in /tg/ you cannot have more than one account at a time, so I will be keeping your previous accounts banned which, according to your appeal, should not matter, given you already lost access to them anyway. If, for some reason, you or your brother lose your accounts in the future, create a new one and immediately reach out to admins to avoid situations like this.

You should be able to join the servers soon.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #700624

After chatting with firatcinar in a help ticket, I have come across a few points that tipped me off.

Given that your story does not add up and the high odds of ban evasion, I will take back my prior ruling due to the lack of investigation at the time and I will not be lifting this ban. The notes will be edited in order to also contain the newly found evasion accounts.

Code: Select all

Ban evasion of aseriyah, gdfgdfgderer, lafoil, banat, and pricasd. Multi-ckeying of carzan, cinarfirat and ulmusf8670.
You may request a headmin review.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
tospa

Post by tospa » #700687

Request a headmin review
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #700693

The headmins have been notified.
Spoiler:
tospa

Post by tospa » #700709

i have a feeling this won't work out
Justice12354
In-Game Admin

Post by Justice12354 » #701104

Due to the ongoing headmin elections, some aspects of the admin team, including appeals, will be slowed down for the next few weeks.

Please do not expect the current headmins to review this appeal (though it may happen). Even though we do not have their final ruling yet, I will be changing the notes already according to what was previously mentioned by me. If my ruling ends up getting overruled, I will then undo it all and go along with the review's result.
Spoiler:
tospa

Post by tospa » #701113

I guess i'll just wait then
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #704198

i'm voting to uphold this one, you weren't honest in the appeal and i haven't seen any information provided from you in this thread to make me think that justice12354 is incorrect in their denial.

fikou: uphold
cheshify: uphold

sorry for the late response, try again in a year.