[Bugstep] Cats4cats - ban evasion misunderstanding i think.

Appeals which have been closed.
cats4cats
Byond Username: Cats4cats

[Bugstep] Cats4cats - ban evasion misunderstanding i think.

Post by cats4cats » #706247

BYOND account: cats4cats

Character name: Sam Smith

Ban type: Server

Note type: Permanent,

Note reason: rule 11 When trying to revive an MMI that was ranting about transgender people, said "those things go hand in hand" when the MMI said that said that trans people were pedophiles. Disconnected the instant they were asked about this.

Time ban was placed: 2030-09-27 at 03:04:50 (I don't know what timezone this is.)

Server you were playing on when banned: not sure but I think Sybil.

Round ID in which the ban was placed: 215445

Your side of the story: While the first part of the story is true, however, I did not disconnect to avoid answering the question I only disconnected because I died the round was about to end and I had somewhere to be it was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time.

Why you think the note should be removed: if I got permabanned because of breaking rule 11 that is fair, however, if I got permabanned for exiting then I don't feel like I should be banned for the rest of my life I won't do either of these things again.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: [Bugstep] Cats4cats - ban evasion misunderstanding i think.

Post by TheBibleMelts » #706386

Code: Select all

02:51:58	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "i died to a trans joke"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:01	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "I didnt even make"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:09	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "somebody put a trans flag up"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:16	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "a table with a gun next to it"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:19	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "I just joked"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:26	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) ""join the 50%""	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:29	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "and the admins"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:34	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "fucking executed me"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:36	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "not suprising"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:40	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "the mods on here"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:47	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "are either furries"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:48	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "or"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:52	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "p3dos"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:54	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "or trans"	(116, 95, 2)	Robotics Lab
02:52:57	SAY	UnphasedDemon09/(Son Paid) "usually all of em"
02:53:08	SAY	Cats4cats/(Sam Smith) "those things go hand in hand"
the context in question of 'those things go hand in hand'.
Bugstep
Byond Username: Bugstep

Post by Bugstep » #706439

The reason I PM'd you, and the major reason of the ban, was for the rule 11 violation. It doesn't really seem like this appeal has anything to say about said violation. The D/C may have been a false alarm, but the violation still stands, and your last two messages don't inspire any confidence.
(that's me in the winter coat and cargo beret.)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #706679

Hey, Bugstep is no longer an admin, so I'm taking this appeal over.

They never explicitly said this, so I'll do so: You were explicitly banned for a rule 11 violation. We typically will notate in a ban if someone bails before we finish talking to them, as it indicates they're not willing to talk about the ban or apologize for their behavior. In a lot of cases, we can reduce a ban to something less severe or a note if someone acknowledges that they screwed up and apologizes, but leaving when you're questioned kind of indicates that you're not willing to do so.

Anyway, that's just explaining the latter part of the ban, you were ousted because you were being a bigot. Rule 11 says no bigotry and insinuating that trans people are pedophiles is textbook, mask off bigotry. So the appeal needs to be about that, not you leaving.

All of that is a lot of words that just say "There's no place for bigots here, this is denied". I'll leave this open for a few days if you want to respond, but it'll need to be a pretty sound apology for me to reconsider.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #707057

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this up if I haven't heard anything from you by tomorrow.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you