Byond Username: Osump

[TheBibleMelts] Osump - Rule 8 broken

Post by Osump » #713014

Ban Details
BYOND account: Osump
Character name: Quiet
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 month
Ban reason: (attachment reason is below, it won't let me copy the reason)
Time ban was placed: 2023/11/26 22:31:31
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 219567
Reasons for Appealing - Trying to lessen the time of the ban if possible due to being my first ban a Month from the get-go, I do understand that I did something that is unacceptable and should've approuched it in a more appropriate way but I broken a rule I'm not supposed to do and is fine to get punished what I am unsure of is the ban length time, from my records it's been a long time since I got banned and have been doing my best esh to clean my records (it been a long time since I got a ban), this is it I have to say for now I do wish I could've stayed before the ban was applied so I can talk with the staff who applied it, all I can do say is I won't actually do it again
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: Vouches or playtime from other servers go here, as well as examples of good behavior that could be taken into account or just a genuine and honest request to the admin that whatever you got banned for will never happen again. The more you can support this with evidence, the more likely it will be accepted.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: I'm not sure.
If no, please provide more details: I agree with the decision of being banned I do understand that I broke a really big nono rule, but this is the first time I ever broke said rule, and my records I think are clean(for the past couple month except the OOC part) and i think I have a good amount of time in TG, I just think it's a little bit too much to make it a Month to the get-go but I would like to discuss with the staff if possible.
Attachments
Ban Reason
Ban Reason
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: [TheBibleMelts] Osump - Rule 8 broken

Post by TheBibleMelts » #713030

yeah, you were offline when i was going to question you about this, so i set it to 30 days as a baseline so i'd be able to speak with you about it. i got a report from the security officer of this round that during an arrest, you decided to emote that at them. people aren't on /tg/ to have people mime sexual acts on them, and the people who tend to do it are typically short lived around here. i'll lower this to a day under the condition that this is the last time we see you get anywhere near tripping over rule 8 again, are those terms good with you?
Osump

Post by Osump » #713074

Thanks! Sorry to ask again but you mean you will minus 1 day or it will be 1 day instead of 30? also you said at the very end
"headmin most voted to vibe.

no i don't know what that means either."
what does that mean? is it like something for you pfp or did you type this cause i have no idea
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #713077

Osump wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:44 am Thanks! Sorry to ask again but you mean you will minus 1 day or it will be 1 day instead of 30? also you said at the very end
"headmin most voted to vibe.

no i don't know what that means either."
what does that mean? is it like something for you pfp or did you type this cause i have no idea
the bottom part you're referring to is my forum signature. it's on every post made with my profile on the forums.

to clarify, i said that i would bring this to a dayban instead of 30 days under the condition that you don't do anything that would break rule 8 again.
Osump

Post by Osump » #713087

ok thanks! *attempts presses big red button to close ticket, then slip on a banana peel*
Osump

Post by Osump » #713114

hey uh i tried to join again, the ban status is still 30 days, did you forget or is it a bug?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #713163

We are looking into this fyi
Osump

Post by Osump » #713176

so its a bug, huh.
Osump

Post by Osump » #713177

just inform me if its fixed please
Osump

Post by Osump » #713178

oranges wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:33 pm We are looking into this fyi
something i noticed is when the ban was set to 30 days and 10 hours its already been a day and the time has not changed a single bit
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #713184

the ban display doesn't change based on time served, it just tells you how long the ban will be for and the date it was applied.
Osump

Post by Osump » #713199

oranges wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:20 pm the ban display doesn't change based on time served, it just tells you how long the ban will be for and the date it was applied.
oh ok, well so whats happening RN is a bug ?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #713207

i'll be manually lifting this ban when it has been 24 hours after being placed, which should be a few hours now.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #713219

run free, little buddy. hump no more.