Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Ricotez » #136499

Bottom post of the previous page:

the riddle was that he broke my password in half, added the same salt to both the pieces and then generated MD5 hashes from them. my job was to recover the original halves of the password from those hashes, the salt and the knowledge that the full password consisted of 8 lower-case letters. so actually not really a riddle, more of a puzzle.

I don't know how much you guys know about hashes, but the point of a good hash is that you can't reverse it. the best solution i could find was to bruteforce all possibilities and compare which hashes matched the two that were given, which wasn't that hard fortunately since there were only 4 variable characters for the inputs of both hashes. that means that in worst case you only have to do 26^4 computations, which is cheese cake for a computer. once i solved all the compiler errors the program i wrote to do it for me finished in less than 10 seconds.

i submitted the code to him to rub it in his face that he has to come up with something better before i beg him to give my password to me.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #136748

I'm probably still le alcohol babby but after thanksgiving at my grandparents house, (I am the oldest grandchild in the family le 21 years old xd; my cousin who is a month younger than me lives in newyork for college) pretty much forced me to take home all the beer than my uncles brought over. I haven't really been drinking much of it since it's still the same day as I got home at the moment. I've poured a glass of (I really feel like this is pleb tier but forgive me father for I have sinned) "Mike's hard mango punch" and I actually really like it.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #136856

csgo drinking game dude
1 game of competitive
every time you get a headshot kill take a drink
every time you die take a shot
if you get knifed, 3 shots (if doing it with friends, everybody drinks)
if you get a knife kill, everyone else takes a shot (this is p much w/ friends only unless you can convince a rando to drink)
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #136879

420weedscopes wrote:csgo drinking game dude
1 game of competitive
if you get a knife kill, everyone else takes a shot (this is p much w/ friends only unless you can convince a rando to drink)
you will die if you do this
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #136903

yeah maybe if they suck as much as you
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136909

TechnoAlchemist wrote:
420weedscopes wrote:csgo drinking game dude
1 game of competitive
you will die if you do this
I kinda doubt you came up with this on your own weedscopes but I'll give you benefit of the doubt : ^ )

@10:33
[youtube]5gT3NcsEqHA[/youtube]
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137048

My online sociology course is such a load of horseshit. We do weekly discussion questions, and the subjects have been more and more SJW-y as the semester goes on. This week it is about gender roles and marriage statistics. Apparently our textbook (which i fucking refuse to buy) says that men and women perform different tasks in a relationship in some part due to biological differences. Regardless of whether or not anyone feels this is true, she has made it our assignment this week to find statistics about unequal labour distribution and prove why they are not related to biological differences, as well as come up with some ways that the idea of gender differences is not natural and is dangerous and political.

Not looking to get into a shitflinging argument here or anything, but holy sweet mother of fuck she is basically telling everyone what our opinion should be and making us come up with bullshit to support it without even bothering to consider the fact that people might not feel that way. It is extra funny because last week was all about how people of different races should be proud of their differences. Apparently between genders the same is not true.

If i gave even half a fuck i would make a big deal out of this. As is just trying to keep my head down and get my damn credits, but jesus. needed to vent.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #137050

>Sociology
>Full of SJW themes

Pick two.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137051

Fucking tell me about it. I literally had no choice in the matter though. Almost had to take gender studies too, but luckily i was able to take greek history instead
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137066

I woke up and puked on myself maybe 20 minutes ago from rum

Did I play ss13 today?
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #137067

i dont remember seeing you, no.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137111

Hangover time
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #137116

What a coincidence, it's get so drunk you fall over time
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #137147

Fuck I took diet pills and drank coffee and now I'm all twitchy and I feel like I'm gonna shit my pants
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #137159

What you need is a nice greasy burger.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #137174

Had a Whopper for lunch

Seems to have helped
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #137183

Hehe... he doesn't know the side effect of diet pills.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #137186

Malkevin wrote:Hehe... he doesn't know the side effect of diet pills.
I've been taking them for years. They're not the "make you shit out the fat" ones, I've been on those before and they don't work, aside from making your ass greasy.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #137198

Oh, they're the ones that over excite your lymph nodes and give you heart strain and cancer.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137273

Best way to loose weight is to use the secret Wyzack technique. Otherwise known as drinking black coffee whenever you are hungry. Today i ate a muffin, a bagel with cream cheese, some spaghetti and a few dates. Not even hungry. I have never weighed more than 125 pounds in my life and i am 5'9
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #137288

I'm on Weight Watchers and go to the gym five days a week

I'm down about 14 pounds since I started 5 weeks ago. Just 12 more to go to my target weight.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137330

I haven't weighed myself in ages and I wake up hungry every day.

I don't even do any physical labour.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #137427

Anyone who doesn't wake up hungry probably has something wrong with them, or they're sleep-eating. Which probably counts as "something wrong with them".
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137430

Actually, there's a difference between waking up in the mood for breakfast and waking up like OH SHIT MAN I'M FUCKING STARVING.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #137623

I need a DVD and can't find one in the whole house.

Edit: An hour and a half later, I found a DVD-R in the small gap under one of the closets - in the dustiest place in the whole house. Woohoo~.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #137638

Auuuugh fuck I can't

This presentation for this interview is so bad

It's not long enough and is just general nonsense

It's gonna sink me and everything's gonna be back to square one

KILL ME
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #137683

Possible autism alert
Spoiler:
is it weird socially to confess to someone on a website like Facebook? I mean, personally I would rather say it in person because in my mind it doesn't really mean much as just words on a screen. Unless I'm totally wrong here, I'm like 150% sure this girl likes me but I'm too much of a pussy to say anything about it. For the last few months ive been telling myself I would just man up and do it but I haven't yet. I used to think I was really good at reading expressions/mood/feelings but over the last 2 years I think I've realized that I am a really dense motherfucker. Looking back on my high school life I notice so many things I just totally didn't notice. This girl was giving me signs then (we were in marching band and sometimes her brother would come up to me and casually ask if i liked his sister, which at the time it just seemed like him joking around) and even now she still is and thinking about my own feelings she feels different to me than other people do. I feel like I'm gonna seriously regret not saying anything as time keeps on spinning. She lives about 3-4 hours away. What I want to know is; is it like confessing online kinda seem as a socially akward/ autistic thing? I'm kind of a relic in society today as I don't/never have owned a cell phone, the only way I keep on touch with people is Facebook/Skype. Again personally I would want to say it f2f but I can't at the moment and I feel like she's just been waiting this whole time for me to notice
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #137686

Abandon fleshform and gain her fear.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #137695

le post no. 1300, she is mine!
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #137722

I love that our main tool, though in need of improvement, is being replace with garbage because it's a fraction of the cost. Ah the competence of upper corporate management that doesn't understand what you do.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #137733

"Can you make an export of the size of our user's homefolders so we can see which fucks are hogging all the storage?"

"Sure" I say, "shouldn't be too difficult" I say.

Must be plenty of scripts to do this.... not really.
Finally find one that sort of works, then spend several hours dicking about with that god forsaken language called powershell to finally get it exporting what I want.

Always the jobs that seem like they should be easy are the ones that turn out to be a giant pain in the cock.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #137767

I'm gonna shit my pants

This interview is making me so nervous
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #137856

Be sure to make eye contact as you soil your pants so they know you are an assertive personality type. Employers love that stuff
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #137958

Wyzack wrote:Be sure to make eye contact as you soil your pants so they know you are an assertive personality type. Employers love that stuff
Also if they ask if you just shit your pants make sure you say "yes sir". Employers hate it when you just say "yeah" and they love it when you refer to them as sir.

Speaking of which I've got a Skype interview for an IT position in Moscow (Idaho, not Russia) this Friday and I think I might need to make a new Skype handle. I'm not sure if they'd really approve the Skype name MCShitballs.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137963

Jacough wrote:I'm not sure if they'd really approve the Skype name MCShitballs.

you think?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #138004

Deitus

Post by Deitus » #138007

got the books i ordered today, gonna be a pain in the ass to reorganize my entire wall to accommodate them though
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #138028

Deitus wrote:got the books i ordered today, gonna be a pain in the ass to reorganize my entire wall to accommodate them though
just use the knawwwledge you're gonna get from reading one of those books a day to buy some new bookshelves to put even more books on
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #138072

A homeless guy helped me find my hotel and it was cold out so I gave him $20.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #138082

TheWiznard wrote:
Deitus wrote:got the books i ordered today, gonna be a pain in the ass to reorganize my entire wall to accommodate them though
just use the knawwwledge you're gonna get from reading one of those books a day to buy some new bookshelves to put even more books on
Spoiler:
its all manga
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #138202

Deitus wrote:
Spoiler:
its all manga
you never know when you have to wallow in angst for 5 chapters before doing anything
Spoiler:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #138208

christmas
paper
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #138210

tfw the cool kids in the forum all have santa hats but i cant edit gifs worth shit ;_;
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #138212

tfw I have an animated gif blocker because the animated avatars are so distracting :D
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #138215

No avatar master race
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #138216

Wyzack wrote:No avatar master race
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #138220

Deitus:

私は完璧
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #138225

Remie Richards wrote:Deitus:

fuckin SWEET

changed
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #138256

Deitus wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:Deitus:

fuckin SWEET

changed
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #138490

Well today's doctor who was batshit.

nice story contained in the episode itself, but I really dont know how they can continue the series after this episode, some things have really got to give.
私は完璧
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #138503

MY SLIPPERS HAVE A HOLE IN THEM.
MY CHRISTMAS REINDEER SLIPPERS ARE DEAD.

I hope I get a new pair...
私は完璧