[NOTE] [Dunham] Rhett Brown

Appeals which have been closed.
rsb9699

[NOTE] [Dunham] Rhett Brown

Post by rsb9699 » #728843

BYOND account: Rsb9699

Character name: Edward Pines

The note itself: "After being hypno'd with "Die Slowly", killed the hypnogrenade thrower. This goes against what you were hypno'd with, please follow your objectives first."

Time note was placed: 2024-05-17 14:04:03

Round ID in which note was placed: 229003

Your side of the story: I was a chef on Manuel. Everything was normal, till a man named Joseph throws a flashbang over the bar. I tried to run out into the hall to avoid it, but I failed. He then Hypnoed me with "Die Slowly". I crawl out to the hall to stand back up, and after a minute of thought, I turned on my internals. Once my O2 tank ran out in ~10 minutes, I would suffocate to death, thus fulfilling my Hypno of "Die Slowly". As I as still thinking about what all this meant to how I was going to play, Joseph comes out to the hallway to watch me die. When I don't keel over in a few seconds, he asks if I am following the Hypno. I explained what I did, and he then remarks that he should have Hypnoed me with "Die Quickly" instead. At this point, he had committed brainwashing with intent to commit murder, had contradicted the Hypno he gave me, and I was a dying man with nothing left to lose. With these justifications, I drew my knife and killed him. Note, I did not gib him, and as chef that would have been very easy. Within a minute his body was hauled away to Med.

Why do you think it should be removed/reworded: I had already set myself up to "Die Slowly", so I had completed the objective my Hypno gave. Thus, the note is invalid. Joseph was a threat both to the station and to my Hypno. He came to me to watch me die, and he told me so. I was right to attack him, and as my Hypno did not give him any protection, I followed my objectives both as a crewmate and as a Hypnoed person.
Dunham
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Dunham

Re: [NOTE] [Dunham] Rhett Brown

Post by Dunham » #728850

Okay so, I originally defined the hypno with what its described here in https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_Traumas which states that:

"The patient's unconscious is completely enthralled by a word or sentence, focusing their thoughts and actions on it. Note: this trauma cannot be randomly gained, and is a result of a hypnotic influence."

Which well, to me, it means you wouldn't be thinking of anything else other than your task, but I can see how the interpretation of the phrase can go in so many directions that you can accomplish this. As brought up by other admins, they agreed that you were in the right in killing your hypno grenader because the grenader didn't even specify any protections against it.

I will be taking your note off of your account and I apologize.
rsb9699

Post by rsb9699 » #728853

Thank you very much.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #728943

I'm not seeing any notes on Rsb9699's account at this time, so I'm assuming this was done and moving it off.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you