Your favourite job and why!

General SS13 Chat
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Your favourite job and why!

Post by Zaffre » #99851

Title says it all.

Just interested in what floats all your boats.

You could also include your favourite gimmick whilst in that job and what all your HIGH MED LOWs are if you are feeling extra special.

I LOVE playing Heads because I like having power over other people and have decent knowledge of the game to justify it.

I have AI on High because I'm sick of seeing shit AIs who don't let people do the most normal thing because X might lead to Y which in 2277 years can lead to human harm, and I want to show people (how I think) it should be done.

I have all heads apart from Captain and HoS on MED because that's a little too much responsibility. Also I have Clown and Mime on MED because I enjoy pissing about, and Chef on MED because Bork! Bork! Bork!

For LOWS I have jobs that I think would be most fun as an Antag such as: Chemist, QM and Roboticist.

Overall my favourite job is HoP because it is such a versatile role. If you are antag you are basically Captain with a Syndie Uplink, even as non-antag you are basically Captain as they usually fuck off, die or both. One gimmick I like to do is make inspection forms, go to all the departments that I manage and rate them on how well they are doing, how clean it is, how safe it is, etc. The best department wins a prize or gets to compete against other parts of the station (as the HoP has many departments) such as Medbay and Science (conducted by me, their respected head or the Captain) and the winner out of the departments gets a prize.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Your favourite job and why!

Post by DemonFiren » #99853

We already had a thread like this.

Rule Cargonia. Although, for slower rounds, it's Chaplain.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #99855

High
Engineer - Because I like excuses to make autism forts. This is my favorite role hands down, as it carries not that much responsibility, but enough to make me care about the job. It is pretty much assistant with higher access.

HoP - Similar to what HOP said, it is such a versatile role that can get very fun to play. I also like gimmicks. Some day, I want to make a scavenger hunt the entire station can play in. The winner will get all access.
Medium

Cargo Tech and QM - Cargonia rules.

Mime and Clown - TEEHEE

Low

Security Officer -
Spoiler:
i like to be in power :^)
In all seriousness, I like helping people. It feels gud.

Any of the Medical Roles - Better then nothing.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #99857

Detective. I love the noir outfit, I love shootouts with the revolver, I love piecing together evidence to solve crimes, and I really love setting up crime scenes with sec tape and chalk, and creating case files with all my printed evidence, transcripts and photographs.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99859

Right, I forgot how fun atmos tech can be.
Lawyer, very rarely, if I get sec who actually listen to people making a good case.
AI and Warden for mad powertrips.
Cyborg for masochism fests, and detective for skulking.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #99860

AI/cyborg, best role easy
CE/engineer occasionally fun, depending on roundtype and how good your comrades are. you get to feel like a hero when you scrap together an emitterwall in blob, and fixing something that's broken feels nice

until they keep fucking breaking it or push your windows off the grilles

FUCK
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #99861

Roboticist Getting dead people back into the round is the bestest, and both positronic brains and drones make this nice and easy.

Atmospheric Technician A thousand ways to kill. CO2 choking, plasma flooding, replacing O2/Air canisters with CO2, there's something entertaining about taking people out while being nowhere near them. Infinite disposal loops, disposal + crusher fun times, swapping bins for chutes, slip'n'chute, you name it, all fun. By far my favourite job as traitor.

Scientist Xenobiology for the various shenannigans with golems and sentience potions, getting people back into the round. Raise your own xeno hive! Spam food! RnD lab for the awesome tools and guns.
Mime: Depresso
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #99885

At the moment my favorite role is Assistant due to lack of responsibility, but it changes weekly.

A week or two ago I set Atmos Tech to high because I finally figured out how the atmos bullshit works (except for heat transfer pipe things) AND you can do all the autism fort things you could do as an engineer but with less responsibility.

Just recently I was playing a lot of scientist since I really enjoy maxing research and seeing my work pay off. I turned it lower as of late due to exploding every fucking round not getting cooperation from cargo/mining or having the round end before I can see my labor's rewards come to fruition. This goes without saying scientists also get things like xenobio and toxins.

Bartender's a neat role if you're awful patient and in the mood to chat. Chef is too, but with less chatting.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #99907

Really like playing viro - I can finish my job in 15 minutes or so, spread beneficial diseases to everyone on the station so everyone is moving at sanic speeds and getting pulled out of crit by my diseases, then I can dick around as an assistant with med access or just load up on coffee and explore space.

Botany is fun too, because although it can be RNG as fuck getting mutations, you can really easily save your progress towards high stats by just harvesting once and turning them into seeds, so you never feel like you're going backwards.

Xenobiologist is ok, but I'm still really unrobust at it so I never get to gold and light pink slimes.

Bartender is fun in quieter rounds, especially with a cooperative botanist/chemist. There's something nice about absolutely covering the bar in pretty drinks.

For really busy rounds I like playing CMO or Chemist and being usually the only competent doctor in the medbay healing like 8 people at once. Really frantic work that people always feel grateful for.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #99909

CMO because seeing a shittily run medbay is fucking painful and not a lot of people can keep shit running uber smoothly
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #99911

There's no better feeling than being a chef and actually running a good kitchen, with botanists who've got your back.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #99913

cargo so I can greytide easier
Killbasa
Byond Username: Killbasa

Post by Killbasa » #99923

High
Security: i hate seeing officers that barely know what to do and are slow.

Roboticist: i started out with it and have just gone with it ever since.

Med
Engineer: mostly because i know how to set up the singu and solars PROPERLY. After that i just fuck off.

Scientist: i like to do the occasional RnD grind

Low
Cargo tech: grey tide without being grey tide

Medical doctor: i would like to learn how to play it properly eventually, and learning the chems would be nice
I play Trevor Glomps/Tire Justice.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #99924

Roboticist is a top favorite and my most common one on High. Make big stompy mechs, build drones so ghosts can autism fort repair the station. Positronics as well but for borgs. Also a fun job for being an antag. Mechs or emagged borgs make excellent tools, as long as the borgs don't blow your cover.

Xenobio Scientist is also fun, typically I do this if I late join as Roboticist is usually taken. Make Ian sentient, become a slime person, wear cat ears for added effect and silliness. Spawn a golem army only for them to get valid hunted by sec because one stepped on someones toe. If someone is already in Xenobio though I tend to go do something else. RnD if no one else is, but I don't mess with toxins.

Engineer is also good, fix holes and autism fort. Never singularity though. Pure solar power. I like my station in one, not two, pieces.

And when I usually feel like assisting, I go Mime as Trap. Run around the station, mess around, help where I can. It's good for something to play casually.

Medical doctor when I feel like it. Nothing like patching up the station, one brute patch and defib at a time.

And Detective when I get the urge to play sec because it's a more lax sec job, though it feels good to catch the evidence on those dirty traitors.

QM/Cargo Tech: HAIL CARGONIA
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99935

I forgot how fun scientist can be.

Especially if you get to teach the RD a thing or two about DOING YOUR FUCKING JOB, then inexplicably failing to make even the weakest of bombs.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #99936

I usually go chief engineer. I'm pretty well versed in engineering and building, but it can get annoying sometimes. Especially when your engineers dick off somewhere to go build autism forts with out your permission. Not that i strickly have a problem with autism forts, but when you're letting the SMES go un-powered for your pet project and i'm left to either set up the engine or wire the solars, you could have at least asked. But When you got a good crew under you it's a lot of fun and rewarding to get shit done with good coordination. Also, i love playing around with NTSL. Usually the first thing i do as a CE is set up the job indicator script. And sometimes i'll add a buttbot script that can be turned on and off with a secret command. I usually only turn it on when there isn't much going on though. It's funny to see shit like, "Hey scientist, your Butt shipment is Butt at Butt", "Clown's tripping people with his Butt", "What butt fuck?", "Butt GOING ON? AI STATE YOUR Butt".

If i'm feeling lazy though, i'll probably take up mining, it was my first job ever when i joined and i've grown kind of attached to it, the parse placement of mobs means i can zone out for a while and contribute to the game. (also mining ripleys)

Clown also set to high for obvious reasons.

Everything else is set to medium, i like a little variety.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Solarn
Byond Username: Solarn

Post by Solarn » #99951

I used to love being a citizen of Cargonia, but recently I've had nothing but long-ass boring rounds where nobody even came near Cargo except to murderbone and my colleagues were either incompetent or just didn't care, so now I kind of hate being there. My current favourite is Medical Doctor. It's a job that's almost always in high demand and I'm actually really good at it. Never CMO though, even when I'm the most competent person in Medbay, because fuck Head drama.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #99992

janitor

i love just taking the low-tech janicart and just mopping up blood while pointing to my holosigns.
i really, really like playing janitor.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #100006

Miauw wrote:janitor

i love just taking the low-tech janicart and just mopping up blood while pointing to my holosigns.
You need to play "viscera cleanup detail". Sounds like just the game for you :D
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #100007

There is something very satisfying about slipping an entire hallway, though. Especially if you've put up all the signs you need to.
mattroks101
Byond Username: Mattroks101

Post by mattroks101 » #100059

My favorite jobs are:

HoP - Nothing more fun that being able to actually contribute to the station by giving access where needed.

Lawyer - It's like being a sec officer without ever having to be a sec officer. You're privy to all of sec's information and happenings, and yet you don't ever have to actually do anything. Kinda relaxing actually.

Bartender - Very relaxing. Just sitting around, making drinks, playing cards with the mime.

QM - Is a nice healthy dose of both being useful, and fucking around.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #100121

Security - because its the only job where each round is unique
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #100131

Assistant.

Because when I show up to medbay and TEACH CMOS THAT O- IS A UNIVERSAL DONOR and AB+ IS A UNIVERSAL RECIPIENT, I get a superiority boner because that's like middle school health class stuff.

Actually, showing up anywhere, doing the job better, and then fucking off into maint to hunt for the not-so-elusive corgi generating strange objects gets me so happy.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #100133

Research Director. While I'm not that up-to-date on what the best ways to progress research are, I enjoy letting competent people do their work and getting them the tools they need to get the job done. Sometimes this involves bugging the rest of the command staff for things, but other times it involves using my access to get things from the other sub-departments that the people who work there are too busy to handle themselves (printing off various mech bits for use in the destructive analyzer, for example). It's usually pretty sedate and only really gets stressful when some jackass gets bored and releases plasma, some retard tables himself to break into robotics, or the department gets blamed for mining's lack of delivery (usually because the only miner is the previously-mentioned retard).
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #100139

Scientist, because mah sentience potions

Botanist, because apparently I just like tedious RNG-based jobs

Miner, because feels good to help man / it's like its own minigame

Clown, because HONK

Mime, because
Last edited by bandit on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #100140

Silicon, atmos, some times security.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #100163

Ai on HIGH/MED
I like AI, it can be a fun role if you put the time and effort in to try to Argh-Pee. Though on slow rounds being treated as a glorified doorknob get's grating but getting back is easy by being a smart arse when people say "AI door"

Borg on MED/HIGH
Same reason as AI mostly, though with the added benefit of getting involved in the hum-drum. Quite a bit of enjoyment in the paranoia of looking over your shoulder for anyone trying to hack you

Chaplain on MED
TIME TO FORM A CULT. But in seriousness, being a MD without the degree is pretty awesome

Everything else on LOW
For that extra bit of randomness to keep things more or less interesting
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #100349

peoplearestrange wrote:
Miauw wrote:janitor

You need to play "viscera cleanup detail". Sounds like just the game for you :D
cleaning is lame though
seeing people slip despite signs, get up, and slip again is worth it every time.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #100356

Robotcist.

I mean, who doesn't like shitting out 10 ripleys untill mining gets back to shit out 10 durands?
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100376

With the crusher as it is, better shit out 10 HONKs.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #100386

HIGH:

AI, because I am the omnissiah.

MEDIUM:

Cyborg: beep boop

Warden/Detective : Stop! You violated the law! / You lookin' at me, punk?

LOW

Captain: You don't need Captain higher than low to get it 30% of the time
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #100466

Robotics. Mechs, bots, Borgs and Augments.

I've been on a weird assistant kick on the rare times I play with "Can-lift-much." THough my most memorable recent round with him was as a cargo tech.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #100510

HoS and RD are my two favorites. HoS because there is no such thing as a dull HoS round. You get to move around the station constantly, and something exciting always happens. RD because who doesn't love shiny science toys?
NicholasRage
Byond Username: Nicholas Rage

Post by NicholasRage » #100540

Assistant for sure. No responsibility, no one really pays attention to you in the halls. You can make spears and take all your shit off and march around like a tribal if you want, and no one questions it or accuses you of ditching your duties. If you really get tired and want another job, there are always openings. You can make bananas for the Clown all round, or you can build a fort in Maintenance, you can do anything.
I'm Paul Wolfman and Guy Hotbod.

I'm an angry guy.