Facepunch code released

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Facepunch code released

Post by Vekter » #107284

Someone leaked some of their code so Mport and the others went "fuck it" and released the whole thing.

https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... e_release/
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: Facepunch code released

Post by EndgamerAzari » #107285

I'm not familiar with them. Did they have any particularly outstanding features?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #107286

There's something vaguely approximating a "big unique to us features" list here http://facepunchss13.proboards.com/boar ... ent-guides

Nothing is really standing out as something cool that they had that we don't, and a lot of talk on the forums is more about them porting features from us, which obviously isn't useful for us now.

MIght be a nice little idea if someone sets up a temporary server for this code so players can look around and see if there's anything neat worth salvaging.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #107289

>several of their features have to do with away missions

Well at least someone enjoys them I guess
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #107325

I mostly just posted it here in case anyone wanted to ape any of their code for us. No clue what's in there but you never know.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #107384

I don't know anything about their code but Foos is a cool guy

hope you get your pilot license soon buddy
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #107387

Kor wrote:>several of their features have to do with away missions

I made the Centcom Away map at the request of Yogstation, who later adapted it into their own Centcom z-level. I'd say in general that the away mission project was more successful with downstream branches, likely because the modular nature lets their smaller dev teams create maps and content adapted to their needs, but without the far more hefty investment of making a full station map.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #107404

Cheridan wrote:likely because the modular nature lets their smaller dev teams create maps and content adapted to their needs
Was the whole idea here, letting people add smaller amounts of content, shame it suffered backlash early on because of the nature of the maps that got rushed and never really took off afterwards.

Nice to hear they live on though.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #107443

More like shitpunch
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #107445

Away Missions were always a great idea, provided they were closed source.

Honestly I wish there was some easy way we could have done the same yet keep people from solving all the puzzles via github.
Mime: Depresso
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #107490

invisty wrote:

Away Missions were always a great idea, provided they were closed source.

Honestly I wish there was some easy way we could have done the same yet keep people from solving all the puzzles via github.
Take the whole thing closed source, literally the only way to get good secrets. Everyone will know everything after one person does it though.

ACTUALLY

Undocumented things are probably more secret. Ignore the changelog and just do it.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
JackHunt
Byond Username: JackHunt

Post by JackHunt » #107544

There were a bunch of undocumented things added to tg that remain pretty secret like Hallucinations. Sure if you codedive you can find them but it's pretty obscure and your average person can't make sense of DM code anyway.
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #107569

JackHunt wrote:There were a bunch of undocumented things added to tg that remain pretty secret like Hallucinations. Sure if you codedive you can find them but it's pretty obscure and your average person can't make sense of DM code anyway.
http://www.hippie-station-13.com/forums ... =21&t=1993

Semi-related as it lets you have hidden chems.. could probably be used for other things.
っぽい
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #107732

secret club bs is lame and will always be lame.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #107745

Or you could just use procedurally generated map elements and stuff like that to add variety instead of having whoever maps a sekrit away mission being lord and master.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #108962

Can you do procedural generation in BYOND? o-o
Spoiler:

Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #108967

Vekter wrote:Can you do procedural generation in BYOND? o-o
Pretty sure, yeah.
Hey.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #108970

Former Facepunch Station player here. Aside from some random stuff like ID-locked guns (was shit, absolute shit) and the away missions which were fun, they didn't have anything really cool. I've played on smaller servers that had better things, what made me go to /tg/ was the similarity between here and Facepunch Station.

There was a lot of things here that they didn't have, but it was over a year ago since I last played there so I don't know. It was when Nox still existed, so I hope that gives you an idea of when it was, mostly getting anything added was up to scooterkid or Foos, all I know is it wasn't a bad place to be but it got a little empty at times and especially after they went to the new map.

EDIT: This was the map, I more or less gave all the important input on cargo, the whole thing is basically as I suggested: http://puu.sh/hst0X/40c6f1ad4c.png

Was not a bad cargo bay.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #108973

Stan_Studnick wrote:EDIT: This was the map, I more or less gave all the important input on cargo, the whole thing is basically as I suggested: http://puu.sh/hst0X/40c6f1ad4c.png
Holy fuck what a boring as hell map.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #109000

>that conveyor belt between mining and cargo

holy shit I almost forgot boxstation used to have that too
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #109079

Vekter wrote:Can you do procedural generation in BYOND? o-o
Have you not seen my generator?
Or Bay's generator?

Procedural generation can be done in any turing complete language.
私は完璧
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #109278

one thing i remember about facepunch and liked is that the round end stats popped up in a separate window.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #109293

They still have greenbay oh man I really miss green medbay.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #109323

Miauw wrote:one thing i remember about facepunch and liked is that the round end stats popped up in a separate window.
/vg/ had this for a while, might still have it but I haven't checked in a while. Its a great feature, even with stupid statistics like number of times someone beat the clown.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #109390

Saegrimr wrote:
Stan_Studnick wrote:EDIT: This was the map, I more or less gave all the important input on cargo, the whole thing is basically as I suggested: http://puu.sh/hst0X/40c6f1ad4c.png
Holy fuck what a boring as hell map.
Apparently that's an early screenshot but yeah, the map wasn't very fun. It seems to be pretty solid when you're looking at the whole thing but actually playing it was infuriating, it was just kind of clunky to move around in and I never really could get used to it.
Ricotez wrote:>that conveyor belt between mining and cargo

holy shit I almost forgot boxstation used to have that too
Made entirely obsolete by the method used here to smelt/distribute the ore, but it was hella fun and that entire conveyor room was a fun place to stuff bodies. I disguised myself (while being the QM) and slowly murdered the crew one or two at a time and ditched their bodies in there, and finally the HoS and detective ran through and discovered them all. I was questioned, but since I was never seen outside of the cargo bay I was ruled out as a suspect. One of my favorite times on that map for sure, I loved getting that sweet, sweet greentext after all of that.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #109636

Saegrimr wrote:stupid statistics like number of times someone beat the clown.
if we ever implemented this it would just encourage people to beat the clown

which I'm not opposed to
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #149231

This is good if only because afaik Facepunch was technically violating the CC license on R4407 of gooncode by being closed-source.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #149282

Holy Necro Batman