General SS13 Chat
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by peoplearestrange » #25917

Bottom post of the previous page:

Whoisthere wrote:
Spoiler:
YOU BRAKED INTO MY DEPARTMENT I KIL YOU LELELE DEPARTMENT PRIDE WORLDWIDE I HAET GREYTID

Seriously this behaviour is the worst. ESPECIALLY when the person who is Valiantly Defending Their Department is unrobust/dumb/doesn't listen to you. I once ran into engineering from maint because I thought the door was emagged. I came up to an engie and told him, hey, guy, your door is emagged. What does he do? He whips out his flash/stunprod/whatever, it takes him like 5 seconds to click my sprite (I am waiting for him to stun me because yeah I'm in his department I'm not resisting I'm just here to tell him about the door and to check if there's someone cranking the PA up to 3/absorbing/killing/whatever), then he strips me and throws me out because HURR I HATE GREYTIDE UR GREYTIDE. To add insult to injury, it was obvious from what he was saying that he thought he was a big hero for defeating the evil greytider with his robust, while the reality was I just stood there and let myself be stunned.

OR that time when I found an engie ID and went to engineering to drop it off and the engie who was there tried to stun me even though I told him HELLO I AM HERE TO DROP OFF THIS ID I FOUND THANKS BYE. OR when I was repairing tcomms as an assistant (comms were emagged into and down for like 5 minutes already) and just as I leave comms and am in a hallway some engie comes out of maint and goes HURR YOURE DISABLE COMS? I TRY TO STUN YOU AND CALL SEC OVER THE COMS YOU FIXED BECAUSE YOU BROKED THEM NO YOU WERENT REPARRING THE APC BECAUSE YOUR AN ASSISTMAN AND ASSISTMAN CANT GET APC BROAD YOU STOLE IT FROM ENGINEEING TO BRAKE COMS. Now I just disarm people who attempt to stun me for breaking in and cuff them to a chair while I do my business but man it's so annoying when you break in/trespass to actually help, cooperate with the residents, explain why you're here to them, don't steal anything and still get treated like a greytider, stunned, cuffed and get your things taken (toolbelt/power cell/apc/airlock board/insuls? OBVIOUSLY stolen from engineering there is NO OTHER PLACE TO GET THEM).

Engineering and cargo are especially guilty of this. Science and medbay rarely care, but CARGONIA STRONK or EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET OUR YELLOW GLOVES are ugh.
Ok so you turned from trying to do a good thing and having people react badly because of paranoia of greytiding, to then ACTUALLY (essentially) yourself (disarm, cuff, chair etc).
Admittedly those engineers were wrong to even have a weapon to stun, and to stun you un-prevoked, but don't then GIVE them a reason to be paranoid. Carry on being the helpful assistant you started as, the server needs more people like that.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25952

Whoisthere wrote:YOU BRAKED INTO MY DEPARTMENT I KIL YOU LELELE DEPARTMENT PRIDE WORLDWIDE I HAET GREYTID

Seriously this behaviour is the worst. ESPECIALLY when the person who is Valiantly Defending Their Department is unrobust/dumb/doesn't listen to you. I once ran into engineering from maint because I thought the door was emagged. I came up to an engie and told him, hey, guy, your door is emagged. What does he do? He whips out his flash/stunprod/whatever, it takes him like 5 seconds to click my sprite (I am waiting for him to stun me because yeah I'm in his department I'm not resisting I'm just here to tell him about the door and to check if there's someone cranking the PA up to 3/absorbing/killing/whatever), then he strips me and throws me out because HURR I HATE GREYTIDE UR GREYTIDE. To add insult to injury, it was obvious from what he was saying that he thought he was a big hero for defeating the evil greytider with his robust, while the reality was I just stood there and let myself be stunned.

OR that time when I found an engie ID and went to engineering to drop it off and the engie who was there tried to stun me even though I told him HELLO I AM HERE TO DROP OFF THIS ID I FOUND THANKS BYE. OR when I was repairing tcomms as an assistant (comms were emagged into and down for like 5 minutes already) and just as I leave comms and am in a hallway some engie comes out of maint and goes HURR YOURE DISABLE COMS? I TRY TO STUN YOU AND CALL SEC OVER THE COMS YOU FIXED BECAUSE YOU BROKED THEM NO YOU WERENT REPARRING THE APC BECAUSE YOUR AN ASSISTMAN AND ASSISTMAN CANT GET APC BROAD YOU STOLE IT FROM ENGINEEING TO BRAKE COMS. Now I just disarm people who attempt to stun me for breaking in and cuff them to a chair while I do my business but man it's so annoying when you break in/trespass to actually help, cooperate with the residents, explain why you're here to them, don't steal anything and still get treated like a greytider, stunned, cuffed and get your things taken (toolbelt/power cell/apc/airlock board/insuls? OBVIOUSLY stolen from engineering there is NO OTHER PLACE TO GET THEM).

Engineering and cargo are especially guilty of this. Science and medbay rarely care, but CARGONIA STRONK or EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET OUR YELLOW GLOVES are ugh.
99% ruin it for the 1%. I've lost track of the number of breakers-in at science I've thrown out on their heads and I feel bad about exactly zero of them. Generally more of a "people in my cloistered department possibly threatening my staff/dealing sensitive stuff (suits, voidpacks, cells. valves) than "oh god he stepped on our floor tiles."
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #25959

People who think other departments are supposed to serve them unconditionally. Like demanding chems from the Chemist when you're not Medical staff, or harassing robotics and demanding to be borged.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25960

Scott wrote:People who think other departments are supposed to serve them unconditionally. Like demanding chems from the Chemist when you're not Medical staff, or harassing robotics and demanding to be borged.
Inversely, people who refuse to cooperate with other departments fnr and generally fuck around instead of doing jobs others depend on.

Additionally, roboticists who refuse to print materials for RnD/borg people because "muh ripley"

Something else that occurred to me. When I go full Chef Wolffe mode and turn out enough food to feed the station for hours and I see raisins packets in the hallway while all of those things I made for the crew just kinda sit on the counter ~going cold~
#removevendingmachines2454
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #26052

That one person who stabs people in the eyes with screwdrivers. Every. Single. Round.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #26395

Mimes with the violin. Especially if they position themselves just within earshot of your work area because they know it pisses you off.

MIMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SILENT
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #26427

talking mimes.
several times i've killed talking mimes after ahelping and being approved, i think "Talking mimes" should just be added to the valid list already
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #26430

allura wrote:talking mimes.
several times i've killed talking mimes after ahelping and being approved, i think "Talking mimes" should just be added to the valid list already
One time a guy was getting harassed so heavily by someone else and Sec didn't believe him. When he ended up nearly dying he spoke to save himself.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #26440

I only condone mime speaking when it's time to stop playing charades with the station. Like near death, or nuke op/wizard sightings.

Even if they speak outside of those situations, I really only annoy them so much they go suicide or just go silent again
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #26446

Furthermore, mimes that only use pen and paper to talk.

You're a mime, damn it. Play charades with me.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #26452

Reimoo wrote:Furthermore, mimes that only use pen and paper to talk.

You're a mime, damn it. Play charades with me.
Alternatively, people who smartass mimes by not even bothering to play charades with them.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #26455

When I'm a mime and Sec arrests me for no reason or for a misunderstanding and bucklecuff me and take my PDA and refuse to allow me to explain or do anything but suffer in silence. There was a time where I was given 10 minutes and left bucklecuffed for something I didn't even do, and when I finally got so frustrated I broke vow I got flashed, beaten, stripped naked and my sentence was increased another 5 minutes and the Warden spent the entire time harassing me and trying to get execution authority because I dared to speak.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #29187

Engineers who are incapable of setting up the SMES on the new map, and as a result release the sing early.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #29197

Newbies that rush to telesci and just plink away randomly at it on 5 power for 30 minutes and smugly announce "turn your suit sensors on so I can save you~!"

Fuck you.
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #29210

Atmos techs who think their only responsibility is in atmos.
News flash, hull breaches, air alarms, and fires all involve AIR, and thus, ATMOS. I spend the majority of my time in atmos changing out air alarms and delivering air pumps and space heaters to hull breaches. Most of the time, you can't get to fires 'till it's too late to do anything but panic symphony and hope for the best.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #29238

Silavite wrote:Beginning the glorious flaming revolution against the bourgeois scum all involve AIR, and thus, ATMOS.
ftfy

Also medical doctors that take it upon themselves to ride in like Wyatt Earp at the OK Corral and sleep tox/straightjacket people because they forgot to click Security Officer and we gotta stop that criminal scum breaking a window into Auxiliary Tool Storage or similar. Pick Sec if you wanna be a space cowboy, otherwise fuck off and go do your job and heal people.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
Tomoko Kuroki

Post by Tomoko Kuroki » #29242

Not sure if anyone ever posted this, but anyways, my pet peeve is stun prod + cablecuffs. With no security in the round, it's fine, but doing it to "defend" the department? It's reasonable, but there is something in brain that just... sparks up when that happens.
The worst kind of worst
Character: Jake Flankes/whatever for clowns and mimes. Always the biggest asshole.
Gets banned, still thinks it's unhonorable to appeal.
bandit

Post by bandit » #29250

Botanists who use Left 4 Zed, ever
Botanists who replace my Robust Harvest trays with EZ Nutrient and fucking up the stats
Botanists who fuck up the tray configuration
Botanists who block off the sinks, the airlock and/or the fridge with drying racks
Antag botanists who fucking plant fucking kudzu fuck

admin feedback pls
Tomoko Kuroki

Post by Tomoko Kuroki » #29261

bandit wrote:Botanists who use Left 4 Zed, ever
Botanists who replace my Robust Harvest trays with EZ Nutrient and fucking up the stats
Botanists who fuck up the tray configuration
Botanists who block off the sinks, the airlock and/or the fridge with drying racks
Antag botanists who fucking plant fucking kudzu fuck
Left 4 Zed isn't so bad if you use it and then robust harvest.
The worst kind of worst
Character: Jake Flankes/whatever for clowns and mimes. Always the biggest asshole.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #29276

Tomoko Kuroki wrote:Not sure if anyone ever posted this, but anyways, my pet peeve is stun prod + cablecuffs. With no security in the round, it's fine, but doing it to "defend" the department? It's reasonable, but there is something in brain that just... sparks up when that happens.
I once had a round on Sybil where, at the very beginning, one of the Engineers took all the insulated gloves and said he'd sell them back to us. While all the other engineers were complaining and bitching, I just went over, made a Stun Prod and cable cuffs, and sat his ass down.
Spoiler:
Yes, he went braindead after bitching at us for about thirty seconds after we got our gloves back.
:^)
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #29283

why the fuck are you using purple for all your posts
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #29285

DeFoe has a new persona and a new associated annoying typing quirk.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #29325

Botanists who break into chemistry for mutagen when you're busy making chemicals for more useful things. Like Cryo/Clone-ex for cryo tubes, or space lube for the clown.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Tomoko Kuroki

Post by Tomoko Kuroki » #29326

geilebeer wrote:why the fuck are you using purple for all your posts
Don't see anything in the rules about it, and I usually type in purple unless there is no text color option or I am being restrained by something.
No offense intended. I don't think we should discuss that in this thread, however
The worst kind of worst
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #29335

Tomoko Kuroki wrote:
Don't see anything in the rules about it, and I usually type in purple unless there is no text color option or I am being restrained by something.
No offense intended. I don't think we should discuss that in this thread, however
People talking in speshul snowflek colors are my pet peeve.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #29337

Spacemanspark wrote:
Tomoko Kuroki wrote:Not sure if anyone ever posted this, but anyways, my pet peeve is stun prod + cablecuffs. With no security in the round, it's fine, but doing it to "defend" the department? It's reasonable, but there is something in brain that just... sparks up when that happens.
I once had a round on Sybil where, at the very beginning, one of the Engineers took all the insulated gloves and said he'd sell them back to us. While all the other engineers were complaining and bitching, I just went over, made a Stun Prod and cable cuffs, and sat his ass down.
Spoiler:
Yes, he went braindead after bitching at us for about thirty seconds after we got our gloves back.
In ye olde days we'd stab them in the eyes with screwdrivers then tie they corpse to a chair next to the singularity beacon
Munchlax

Post by Munchlax » #29344

Miauw wrote:
Tomoko Kuroki wrote:
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #29348

People who wear gas masks
Security who wear gas masks
Default job equipment (handcuffs on armor, penlight on labcoat)
Anti-peeve: MDs wearing scrubs, way to look like a competent professional doctor, good job, A+. Ditto for Beret/Hatcurity, or dress uniform Captain.
Gas mask security
Engineers who wear only the hardsuit helmet

Cargo that doesn't hack the autolathe and wear a toolbelt - If you aren't going to take advantage of your department to kit yourself out, you'd best be doing the paperwork son.
Detectives that make arrests, don't detect, and generally act like Officers - Either give that forensic scanner to someone useful or play Dressupcurity. Security has some real snazzy dress uniforms, if only people would wear them
Captains that don't Captain, but more conspicuously HoPs that don't HoP. The former is expected because of a longstanding combination of "No real job" and Assistant With Access. The latter is unforgivable.
Chaplains that biblesmack people, yes it heals, i know it heals, no i dont want brain damage
Security who blindly enforce Spacelaw regardless of context or circumstance
Special snowflake RP, pick a concept and stick to it. If you can't boil your core character concept down to three words, you're doing it wrong.
Floor length braid stuttering flirty nurses with technicolour hair, unless done as an ironic parody but even then only sparingly
When people die because someone else was RPing

When I'm knocked into crit and bleed out...in a trafficked public area
When I'm knocked into crit outside of combat, and I can see the first aid kit in my bag that I'd need to live
When I'm knocked into crit outside of combat, and I can see the first aid kit in my bag that I'd need to live, and my backup drags me to medical for them to slap a bruisepack on it
When I'm knocked into crit outside of combat, and I can see the first aid kit in my bag that I'd need to live, and my backup drags me to medical only for me to bleed out in the lobby
When I get forgotten in the Cryotubes, less annoying ever since I realized you can Eject Cryo from inside it

When people assume RP and Robustness, as playstyles, are mutually exclusive
When people can't even pay lip service to SS13 not being a game (looking at you Mister xDD)
When characters don't have a last name

When the HoS wears full gear with gas mask and talks in all lowers
When the Warden doesn't process prisoners, manage the armory, setup the brig, or generally when the Warden acts like Security with a hat.
When Security doesn't use their god damn radio, your job more than literally any other requires communication.
When Security wears the fucking gas masks, for no reason. The whole helmet/mask/armor ensemble makes you look like stereotypical Shitcurity, and if you cared about your role you'd know that that's Bad

Virologists who somehow manage to fuck up and release a disease, literally all you have to do is not touch the disease monkey you chucklefuck
When the engine is not set up after 20m
When the engine is not set up at all, forcing someone to break in and do it or ending the round
When people don't fufill the basic expectations of their job
When people play dumb

People who are bad at their jobs, in general.

Bitching about other servers:
"Roleplay" is not an excuse to pretend you don't know something your character ought to know; It's an excuse to not know something your character ought to not know. Yes, from the Head of Security knowing what Nuke Ops are, to the Engineer knowing how to give someone CPR; Yes, I expect you to know this, RP does not preclude Robustness and vice verse. No, I'm not asking your Nurse to know how to doorhack or falsewall, but for godssake at least carry a crowbar and a flare, or at least know enough to glance at the red APC and know "Oh, it's out of power" This is Space Station Thirteen - Emergencies are routine, and surviving in them (or predicting them, or getting out of them) is a hard-learned survival skill. At least to me, this is far more jarring than know-everything always-ready powergaming.
I simply cannot believe that a character without some sort of emergency training and survival instinct would be able to survive more than a handful of shifts on SS13.

Antag knowledge restrictions, in general. Yes, it's shitty that someone sees your extra-grippy brown shoes and immediately permabrig murderspaces you because 'HE TATOR'. No, blanketting "Nobody but Security can ID antags" is not the way to go about it. Likewise, pretending I've never seen a changeling, especially when I'm playing as a decades-old SS13 veteran is jarring. Back on topic, yes, it's shitty to have someone bust your chops for subtle traitor items. I've got two things to say to that however - The first, to the player who got busted, GIT GUD. If you're in a position to get busted, you already fucked up hard. Second, to the people making that policy, blanket-banning antag ID, or generally imitating Bay-'Office Simulator'-Station's rules and policy in any form should be avoided. It's far better to take a more nuanced approach - Subtle traitor items (noslip) vs Loud traitor items (the three E's). Subtle changeling powers like Digital Camo, vs loud changeling powers like Para/Silence/Deathsting. Given the prevelance of Changelings as an antag type, I have a hard time believing that only the RD would be informed. Especially given their blanket hostility to Nanotrasen, I'd expect Command and maybe Sec to be aware of them and able to ID them. Saying "The Syndicate does not exist" is a fucking awful way of stopping valids and vigilantes.

People who drool over their female characters. Great tits, bangin' donk, etc. Especially when they're 'all of the above', literally perfect beauty, etc. Fuck you, pick one 'Great' and the rest 'average'

Obnoxious ERPers. It's one thing to ERP, it's another to adopt that as a playstyle, or as a primary draw to the game. Stop casually fucking - If you're masturbating, you have so much porn for this, shoot me a PM if you don't know where to get decent eroge/hentai (Artificial Academy 2!). If you're not masturbating to casual spaceman sex, then at least keep it tasteful. Space Sluts. Space Sluts irk me.
When people don't fucking use paragraphs. I've skipped over so many book and character bios because they read like ass or are poorly formatted.

IC Romance. Space Station 13 is a terrible place for a date, and bringing anything you like or anyone you love there is a fucking awful idea.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #29349

IC Romance. Space Station 13 is a terrible place for a date, and bringing anything you like or anyone you love there is a fucking awful idea.
>Not spending the time creating the perfect romantic candlelit dinner in the backroom of hydroponics
>Not inviting your waifu there
>Not having an actual IC wedding and having her change her last name to yours
>Not having a divorce many years later after the novelty of your marriage slowly wears off

RIP Holden and Megumi McGroin
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #29351

Ikarrus wrote:
>Not spending the time creating the perfect romantic candlelit dinner in the backroom of hydroponics
>Not inviting your waifu there
>Not having an actual IC wedding and having her change her last name to yours
>Not having a divorce many years later after the novelty of your marriage slowly wears off

RIP Holden and Megumi McGroin
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #29371

The inability to store a lighter in a cigarette pack.
Munchlax

Post by Munchlax » #29387

Bein able to fit a crowbar in your pocket, like what
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #29390

When a Head logs off without doing anything with their belongings, especially if they're the HoP or captain.

Just to be clear, if you're the HoP or captain and you need to leave, at the very least tell one of your fellow heads where you are and that they should probably store your shit somewhere safe. The last thing you need is a late game nuke ops or an any game traitor walking in to the bridge to snag a fireaxe and instead getting all access and everything they might need to subvert the station in its entirety because the captain thought it would be funny to strap the HoP to a chair instead of taking his ID and wiping access/promoting a new HoP.

There are so few things you SHOULD do in SS13 that it's outright lazy to not commit to these steps if you see a braindead person with access you don't want a traitor or clown having. If you don't want shit going down later in the round, put them in a dorm room and ask the AI to bolt it shut or something.

Also, if you don't plan on ever coming back to the round, suicide or go catatonic. I hate caring for a braindead person just so they can stare at a blank wall the entire time. At least catatonic assures me I can get you gibbed and made into burgers with your ID and security gear recycled to someone new.

Also, if you hear level 7 outbreak and you decide that now is a good time to run away from medical staff wielding syringes because you just NEED to vomit blood for the next three hours instead of getting cured, I should be able to legally kill you as a borg.

No shit, it gets so bad that I have to flash people to eyedrop cures into them as a mediborg. You feel the symptoms to these diseases LONG before I see them. You should be the one getting yourself treated, not making me do it just because you feel the need to either attract EVERY PIECE OF METAL (including me) in the station up your ass, grow wizard hats spontaneously, or explode into gibs in the next thirty minutes and infect everyone around you.
Psyentific wrote:People who wear gas masks
Gas mask security
Engineers who wear only the hardsuit helmet

Cargo that doesn't hack the autolathe and wear a toolbelt - If you aren't going to take advantage of your department to kit yourself out, you'd best be doing the paperwork son.
Bit of a double standard there, isn't it?
Tomoko Kuroki

Post by Tomoko Kuroki » #29396

Miauw wrote:
Tomoko Kuroki wrote:
Well, time to stay away from me then, because I hate bland, unoriginal, default black
The worst kind of worst
Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #29398

Psyentific wrote:blah blah blah
What is so bad about gasmask-curity? The fact that it hides your face? The fact that sec gas masks look awful?

"Looking like shitcurity" isn't a reason.
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #29401

I always carry a gas mask around with me because you need it, and sometimes there's just not enough room for it in your bag.

Or when someone's running around with polyacid spray, when someone let a disease out that changes identity/grows a beard, or when you simply just need a gas mask from time to time to be on and connected to your pocket tank.

And sometimes I just need room for my pocket army of security robots and can't keep the gas mask in my backpack.

With that said, my other pet peeve are roboticists that make securitrons with stun batons and not stun prods. Same outcome, different cost.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #29410

Psyentific wrote: Image
look whos talking
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #29413

Reimoo wrote:
Psyentific wrote:blah blah blah
What is so bad about gasmask-curity? The fact that it hides your face? The fact that sec gas masks look awful?

"Looking like shitcurity" isn't a reason.
That one actually is just a pet peeve. Gas masks look like ass, sec masks especially.
Breath masks are smaller (pocket size), and the only thing gas masks have over them is blocking chemicals or diseases. The former is overly paranoid - Every spray is chloralmutapolydeath, don't let the Mediborg prick you kinda thing. The latter is "Just let it happen, it's more !!FUN!! this way"
Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #29636

People that complain about people disarming, assaulting, or otherwise fucking with security that don't use the tools to deal with it.

Five minute brig time or 500 points at the gulag. One is a good way to remind people that throwing a spear at the redshirts is a bad idea and the other is a good way to take an unruly greytider out of the round. HoS's that listen to an officer say something along the lines of, 'This guy attacked me, pushed me down, stole my baton, and then began to flash people with it,' and respond with, 'Put him in for three minutes' makes my blood boil mostly because I know the story would be different if the HoS himself was attacked that way (perma time?) or if it was the captain.

The reason that security is so abused is because everyone's afraid of being called shitcurity when on a good day, ten percent of the station is looking to murder or inhibit you.

Oddly, I give the clown a pass on this stuff unless he purposefully does it when I'm trying to arrest someone. Funny enough, I've had a clown slip me, realize I was trying to arrest someone, and then make the arrest himself with the taser and cuffs I dropped.

I don't even know what to think anymore.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #29821

Raven776 wrote:People that complain about people disarming, assaulting, or otherwise fucking with security that don't use the tools to deal with it.

Five minute brig time or 500 points at the gulag. One is a good way to remind people that throwing a spear at the redshirts is a bad idea and the other is a good way to take an unruly greytider out of the round. HoS's that listen to an officer say something along the lines of, 'This guy attacked me, pushed me down, stole my baton, and then began to flash people with it,' and respond with, 'Put him in for three minutes' makes my blood boil mostly because I know the story would be different if the HoS himself was attacked that way (perma time?) or if it was the captain.

The reason that security is so abused is because everyone's afraid of being called shitcurity when on a good day, ten percent of the station is looking to murder or inhibit you.

Oddly, I give the clown a pass on this stuff unless he purposefully does it when I'm trying to arrest someone. Funny enough, I've had a clown slip me, realize I was trying to arrest someone, and then make the arrest himself with the taser and cuffs I dropped.

I don't even know what to think anymore.
That clown is probably the second best clown I've ever seen.

A pet peeve of mine is when people kill themselves over a two minute sentence. Seriously.
What REALLY boils my blood is when they punch themselves to death, so they can be cloned instead of using the suicide verb. But, if you're caught doing it by me, you're going to the morgue.
:^)
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #29865

Remember: Corpses have no rights, you are freely permitted to do whatever you want to them (short of corpse sex). Take that opportunity to ghetto surgically hack out their brain and stuff the brain in the prison toilet, where it belongs.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #29962

When you're in crit, especially deep crit, and a doctor/mediborg comes to save you, and drags you all the way to medbay without giving you inaprovaline to make sure you don't die.
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #29976

Doctors are lazy now, because crit time lasts 5 minutes they usually have plenty of time to drag the patient to medbay and throw them in the cryo tube.

Not like the old days where crit lasted only 30 seconds, experienced doctors would use eye droppers to administer inapprov as the 5 second delay from a syringe vs the instant deployment of the pipet was the difference between life or death in a lot cases.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #29985

Cipher3 wrote:When you're in crit, especially deep crit, and a doctor/mediborg comes to save you, and drags you all the way to medbay without giving you inaprovaline to make sure you don't die.
To hell with that. I just scan them right there in between CPR and then apply bruise pack where needed.
Or if i've had time to prepare, I keep like 4 syringes full of tricord and one in the syringe gun so I can just shoot the body with tricord before I even get next to you.

I'd rather pop people back up where they stand so they can give me the details rather than let them chill in cryo while the problem goes unheard of.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #29989

Malkevin wrote:Doctors are lazy now, because crit time lasts 5 minutes they usually have plenty of time to drag the patient to medbay and throw them in the cryo tube.
But those people aren't considering how long you sat in crit before you were found or they got to you.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #30017

Cipher3 wrote:
Malkevin wrote:Doctors are lazy now, because crit time lasts 5 minutes they usually have plenty of time to drag the patient to medbay and throw them in the cryo tube.
But those people aren't considering how long you sat in crit before you were found or they got to you.
Lets be honest now. The same idiots that drag you all the way to medbay are the same ones that don't wear medibelts, don't use CPR, and can't heal without cyro.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #30027

I hate people that drag bodies to medbay, especially dead bodies, without putting them in a locker/bodybag first.
Janitor is always a loosing battle.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #30075

Malkevin wrote:I hate people that drag bodies to medbay, especially dead bodies, without putting them in a locker/bodybag first.
Janitor is always a loosing battle.
>Saving this guy from crit/trying to get him cloned so we can stop the serial killer
WAIT. WE GOTTA FIND A LOCKER TO STUFF HIM IN FIRST SO THERE'S NO BLOOD.

Believe me, I think about trying to put him in something so he doesn't bleed often, but sometimes there is no time. Other times, people are just inconsiderate.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #30088

Janitors would be less useless if they stopped using that bedeviled mop.
Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #30095

But "accidentally" making people slip is the best part about being a janitor.
bandit

Post by bandit » #30134

People who say "ayy lmao" in IC chat. IT'S STILL CHATSPEAK IN ICKY, SORRY IF THAT RUINS YOUR LE EPIC LE MAYMAY

admin feedback pls