[Antonkr]Bazingaboy69 - Meta Comunicating

Appeals which have been closed.
Touch

[Antonkr]Bazingaboy69 - Meta Comunicating

Post by Touch » #9480

Byond account and character name:Bazingaboy69 (Monte Rhainhart)

Banning admin: Antonkr

Ban reason and length: Meta communicating

Time ban was placed (including time zone): around(?) 10:00pm. EST

Your side of the story: Yes we were Meta communicating. But we were not abusing it. We were not crying for help in the call when someone attacked us or anything in that nature. us three are friends, we got bored and decided to jump into a round of NT. All joined as Assistants and made a "gang". We grabbed green jumpsuits and made a "base". Casually talking in the Skype call as friends would. BUT we did, instead of talking IC talk in the call. Nothing major. Just "Hey can you move that water tank?" Or "Hold on, I'll brb." All easily can be said in-game, but way easier to say in the call and it didn't affect anyone. If I was being killed by the traitor and yelled "_______ is traitor, I'm at bar come save me and yell over radio that he's traitor!!!" Then yes, automatic ban. But we were just talking, normally.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't think we "cheated", but yes we made it easier for ourselves. We didn't abuse anything or ruin the game for anyone and we got a PERM ban. I understand that we shouldn't have been doing it. Obviously I was in wrong. Sorry and we won't do it again...
Last edited by Touch on Wed May 28, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Re: [Skorvold]Bazingaboy69 - Meta Comunicating

Post by Skorvold » #9482

This is Antonkr's ban, directing him here.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Touch

Re: [Skorvold]Bazingaboy69 - Meta Comunicating

Post by Touch » #9486

Skorvold wrote:This is Antonkr's ban, directing him here.
Oh shit! Sorry man
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [Antonkr]Bazingaboy69 - Meta Comunicating

Post by elyina » #9492

Metacommunuication of any form isn't tolerated. You also lied to me when I asked you if you were metacommunicating the other day. This "gang" stuff isn't going to be tolerated here either.
Touch

Post by Touch » #9512

elyina wrote:Metacommunuication of any form isn't tolerated. You also lied to me when I asked you if you were metacommunicating the other day. This "gang" stuff isn't going to be tolerated here either.
I didn't lie when you asked me. I'm guessing you think we were meta gaming because of the HoS looking through the PDA and seeing me and him talking to each other. But we're not meta gaming then, hence why we were using the PDA to talk to each other. And for the gang thing, the server has added matching jump suits, bandanas and glocks... We were not killing anyone and did no harm with the "gang" thing. We were just having fun.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #9659

Few things we need to get straight first.
1)As someone pointed out before, metacommunication is not allowed under any circumstance, regardless of if or if not you are doing something awful with it or not.

2)During the rounds in which I have observed you, I noticed you being a bit spammy on the comms, and with the "bends over" emote.

3)Your friends would have to appeal separately, assuming this ban is lifted.

If you can assure me that #1 won't be repeated, and that #2 will be addressed we can work things out.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Touch

Post by Touch » #9729

Antonkr wrote:Few things we need to get straight first.
1)As someone pointed out before, metacommunication is not allowed under any circumstance, regardless of if or if not you are doing something awful with it or not.

2)During the rounds in which I have observed you, I noticed you being a bit spammy on the comms, and with the "bends over" emote.

3)Your friends would have to appeal separately, assuming this ban is lifted.

If you can assure me that #1 won't be repeated, and that #2 will be addressed we can work things out.
1) I've seen other meta gaming appeals on the forums and admins say just have Atleast SOME IC relationship with your friend.

2)Spammy? I did it once and you admin pm'do me telling to stop and I said ok.
Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #9742

IC friendships are fine but using skype and such to communicate instead of talking in game is not.
Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #9835

I can outright tell you that alien is wrong in that situation, and that any types of metacommunication is not under any circumstance allowed.
Touch

Post by Touch » #9897

Sounds like your admin team is a train wreck. But ok.
Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #10021

Going to go ahead and lift this. Like mentioned earlier please don't use any means of outside game communication.