Post by Slignerd » #156364

Byond account:
Sligneris

Admin:
TechnoAlchemist:

Time incident occurred:
2016-02-23, around 11:20 server time

Detailed summary:
During the round of Nuclear Emergency, once the operatives had secured the disk and used it to activate the device and started preparing to leave the station, TechnoAlchemist hijacked the round by possessing an active nuke, proceeding to control it directly.

What would otherwise be a major victory for the operatives was turned into "victory" of the crew that didn't actually lift a finger to stop it. Here's a log of the event.
Last edited by Slignerd on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: TechnoAlchemist - tampering with the nuke during nuke op

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #156366

I did not launch the shuttle, I possessed the nuke and then proceeded to throw the nuke ops into walls after they armed the nuked and murdered 90% of the crew on lowpop.

All in all shit was pretty cash, you folks got to murder anyone and all that you were denied is a tiny bit of greentext. Seemed the net player happiness was greater than the salt generated by you not seeing the little line of text saying you won.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #156367

The total population of the station was 30, which isn't exactly straight-up low-pop.

In the end, taking the end goal away from a team that worked a whole round for it, losing to nothing else but just a bunch of admin verbs doesn't seem kosher at all.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #156368

I've said all I have to say on the matter, peanut gallery is welcome to chime in and headmin is welcome to rule on it however they see fit.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #156369

Is it the new rage to whine about it every time an admin decides to influence a round?

Because personally I thought that is what makes rounds interesting and we as players should just suck it.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #156372

Personally, I think it's one thing when an admin starts some kind of event - I mean, deathsquad for example is one thing. There's making the rounds interesting, and then there's just fucking players over. I just think that influencing the very outcome directly, make the players basically insta-lose is where a line was crossed?
Last edited by Slignerd on Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #156373

I had a great laugh with the nuke, and nuke ops had won already, so that wasn't exactly something that changed the round (only greentext or redtext, big deal)

This is not like calling deadsquad against a gang about to win, this is to have a laugh with nukes that already won.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #156374

I'm going to give context to this.

This was about the third Nuke Op round we had in a short amount of time, the server (AT ROUND START) consisted of 25 crew members, all prior Op rounds were resounding Op wins due to the server being sub-30 people.

This round was no different, the Ops caught the Captain in the CE's office mere seconds after breaching the station, while one Op slowly went to arm the nuke the others went around shooting everyone before falling back, the nuke was armed and the Ops were about to leave.

At this point most of the server was ghosting the Ops.

At this point the Nuke suddenly flew in and all three Ops started to get flung around like a idiot in a superhereo anime against the walls. The Nuke stayed in position until it detonated on the station z-level ending the round.

---

Imo the Ops clearly won that match and everyone was sick of these constant one sided Ops rounds, it was a amusing ending and even the Ops (seemed) to find the ending funny.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #156375

If anything this thread highlights how bullshit low pop Nuke Ops is.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #156389

Sligneris, the round was already basically over, the only thing you didn't get was a flashy screen at the end saying you won, you already had won and it was a silly victory at that. There was literally one sec officer, and no other resistance to speak of, not to mention being the third round like that in a row. It was a joke. If it was a hard earned ops victory or there were different circumstances, sure.

"The real nukes were the friends we made along the way" Techno for headmin tbh, I was dying.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #156400

Lowpops is garbage, lowpop scaling when?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #156422

Oh no, everyone was dead for the third time in the row, so the admin did something funny which ruined your greentext. Truly this is admin abuse to the greatest extent.

Seriously though, lighten up. Greentext only gives you personal satisfaction, and you already won. It's not like you're playing to up your antag win percentage or top the leaderboards. It's supposed to be FUN
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #156431

I wasn't there during the earlier rounds, so I wouldn't know that. It did seem rather sudden to me.

Also, for context, I wasn't really one of the operatives - unless Cayenne counts as such.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #156563

I was one of the ops, we still got a major victory.
Sure, I got beaten to a bloody pulp by a possessed nuke, but we still gut muh green text, and basically all the crew were dead.

Literally all this changed was denying us from going back to syndie base and gloating. Nothing worth complaining about - lowpop ops is utter bullshit, if anthing, the crew recieved more bullshit than we did.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #156698

Sligneris wrote:I wasn't there during the earlier rounds, so I wouldn't know that. It did seem rather sudden to me.

Also, for context, I wasn't really one of the operatives - unless Cayenne counts as such.
Then why even make a thread?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #156710

Admins may do as they see fit to make the game experience more fun for all involved. Nuke still went off so why complain? You still got your victory as the station was nuked.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #156727

I think we can probably close this thread. We'll wait for the normal headmin thumbs up but I'm fairly certain theres little wrong with what Techno did.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #160507

Unless someone wants to continue pressing the matter, I'm okay with this being closed. It doesn't really bother me anymore anyway.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #160523

Okay