Toedstewie007's Ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Toedstewie007

Toedstewie007's Ban appeal

Post by Toedstewie007 » #428

[Nerolat]

Byond account and character name: Toedstewie007 (Derek Westbrook)Banning admin: Nerolat

Ban reason and length: http://gyazo.com/a828103a2f78803713ea8ef855b2ce2d (Picture)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Around 1:30 in the morning (Central Standard Time)

Your side of the story: I was the Captain and it was wizard round and I saw a mime shooting a wand and, By natural instinct, thought it was a hostile weapon. When I lazered him, I then saw it was a wand of nothing and I apologized over the radio to the AI and then made sure he got cloned. He then was cloned and was wandering the station. I had no idea that the wand of nothing did well... Nothing. Since almost all the objects in the game can kill you, my reaction was that it would harm people.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I am truly sorry that I killed the mime and for my mistake, I apologized and made sure he got cloned. I then did not see him again.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Toedstewie007's Ban appeal

Post by Pandarsenic » #442

Since Nerolat isn't around right now, I'm going to ask why you explain the mime but his ban reason says several people. If there were multiples kills unexplained it'll be faster for you and Nerolat if they're all explained at once.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Toedstewie007

Post by Toedstewie007 » #449

I did not kill anyone else but the mime. The only one I can recall was the Wizard, but I he was valid.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #459

It still does say you lasered people; do you have an explanation there? Maybe stray shots hit others?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Toedstewie007

Post by Toedstewie007 » #476

I don't recall willingly shooting random people. I only shot the mime and the wizard. There might have been a possibility of stray shots, but I did not do it intentionally. I was fighting the wizard.
Nerolat
Byond Username: Nerolat

Post by Nerolat » #496

It could be my fault - I knew about mime's death, but several people who I have asked (I wasn't online at the moment when the round was going, so, most I had were observations from people who were playing in the round and logs) told me that you, cooperating with the HoS, have killed several people. I will recheck the logs to see if it was true and report in here.
Nerolat

Post by Nerolat » #499

Alright, why did you shoot Blackjack with bullets, and then lasers? He was the RD at the time.
Toedstewie007

Post by Toedstewie007 » #577

I don't recall shooting blackjack with lasers or bullets. Maybe it was stray shots? I didn't have a weapon that shoots bullets on me.
Nerolat

Post by Nerolat » #590

A riot shotgun. I doubt it were stray shots, you did it about three times in a row.
Toedstewie007

Post by Toedstewie007 » #610

I see now. I had a riot shotgun with me in the shuttle. Some guy was getting into the command cockpit without access, so I shot him to get him out. The shotgun was loaded with harmless beanbag shells. I then pulled him, shook him up, and went back into the command cockpit.

I am truly sorry if this is a banable offence.
Gadd

Post by Gadd » #612

I was wizard this round. I can confirm that the Captain had a riot shotgun and did infact shoot me with it. He was not shooting people on purpose. I am going to say this that his aim was quite shit and I sincerely believe that he could have shot people on accident. I also recall the RD fighting me. I should also mention I had quickened blink and ethreal jaunt so it is indeed possible it was an accident.

But, what I do not understand is why you banned him. You said you weren't even online and were basing facts off of people who told you stuff. That seems extremely bias to me. Toed claims he only killed one person, but you say "several people". I would like to see where you found sufficient evidence of him killing multiple people that led up to the ban. Personally, I would've job banned from Captain Toed instead of permabanning him.
Nerolat

Post by Nerolat » #696

Gadd, the permaban was applied to make him come to the forums to explain. As I mentioned before, I knew he killed the mime, and I knew that he also hit the RD a few times with a laser, which made me think they were hurting several innocent people. I will remove the permaban, sorry for the inconvenience.