What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by Lumbermancer » #222178

Bottom post of the previous page:

The very first dungeon you are most likely to explore on your way to Balmora are Dwemer ruins, home of the infamous puzzl box. I'm pretty sure you can find Dwemer ghosts there, and they are very much human sized. That reminds me, ghosts in Morrowind are absolutely immune to all but magical damage. They changed it in Oblivion and Skyrim, for casuals.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #222194

Oblivion is a compromise for fierce warrior types who have no interest of ever touching spells.
Skyrim, where merely sneezing at a ghost kills it, is the very essence of casul.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #222234

Picked up Hard West on Steam because I liked the idea of an X-Com style wild west themed game with occult elements. Haven't gotten too far into it but it's pretty good. The gameplay itself plays out pretty much like X-Com EU but there's some neat little elements thrown in that mix things up like some objects that can be manipulated to create cover (opening a cellar hatch to create some low and thin cover), being able to hold unwary enemies at gunpoint and take them hostage, and skills that let you do cool shit like ricochet bullets off walls and cover.

Also like how lighting plays into gameplay. If an enemy's shadow is in one of your character's line of sight it'll reveal their location. So suppose an enemy is behind a tent where you normal wouldn't be able to see it but he's positioned in such a way that the sun projects his shadow out of cover. It'll reveal his location and on top of that since there's nothing protecting him except a cloth tent you can easily shoot through it. Alternatively if it's an actual wall and you've got a character with the ricochet ability you could try bouncing a bullet off something to hit him from behind cover. Kind of a neat mechanic that allows for some interesting tactics.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #222280

DemonFiren wrote:Oblivion is a compromise for fierce warrior types who have no interest of ever touching spells.
Skyrim, where merely sneezing at a ghost kills it, is the very essence of casul.
Atleast in Oblivion you had to use a sword made of either silver or one enchanted to do elemental damage.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #222307

DemonFiren wrote:Oblivion is a compromise for fierce warrior types who have no interest of ever touching spells.
In Skyrim's defense, there were still a good number of enemies that could easily fuck you up if you tried to take them on at too early of a level. Saber tooth tigers, dwemer constructs, and Falmar are the first things to come to mind. I remember getting jumped by a saber tooth up in the mountains and getting ripped to shreds in like two hits when I was at a pretty low level once.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #222311

Jacough wrote:
In Skyrim's defense, there were still a good number of enemies that could easily fuck you up if you tried to take them on at too early of a level. Saber tooth tigers, dwemer constructs, and Falmar are the first things to come to mind. I remember getting jumped by a saber tooth up in the mountains and getting ripped to shreds in like two hits when I was at a pretty low level once.
kek, I remember the first time I decided to take on a giant and wound up joining the nord space program.
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #222325

My uncle is a munchkin and spent two weeks devising the perfect enchantment to break the game and finally ended up with a build that maxed out enchanting and dual wielding asap, created two daedric swords that dealt like 500 apiece, and three shot a dragon. He looked so proud. Then on my sword and board heavy armor paladin I snuck attack a giant with a bow and arrow and only minimal experience in either skill and somehow one shot it. I looked over and just saw the light leave his eyes, a broken man.
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #222339

Was he doing the shit that people come up with where they make a Fortify Enchanting potion so they can make better Fortify Alchemy gear so they can make better Fortify Enchanting potions so they can make better Fortify Alchemy gear so they can make better Fortify Enchanting potions so they can make better Fortify Alchemy gear so they can make better Fortify Enchanting potions so they can make better Fortify Alchemy gear so they can make better Fortify Enchanting potions so they can make better Fortify Alchemy gear so they can make better Fortify Enchanting potions so they can make better Fortify Alchemy gear so they can make better Fortify Enchanting potions so they can make better Fortify Alchemy gear so they can make better Fortify Enchanting potions so they can make better Fortify Alchemy gear so they can make better Fortify Enchanting potions
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #222341

aranamor wrote:My uncle is a munchkin and spent two weeks devising the perfect enchantment to break the game and finally ended up with a build that maxed out enchanting and dual wielding asap, created two daedric swords that dealt like 500 apiece, and three shot a dragon. He looked so proud. Then on my sword and board heavy armor paladin I snuck attack a giant with a bow and arrow and only minimal experience in either skill and somehow one shot it. I looked over and just saw the light leave his eyes, a broken man.
And this is how you were born, huh
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
aranamor
Byond Username: Aranamor

Post by aranamor » #222388

Nah dude, I sprung fully formed into the internet.
fortifying potions
I don't remember the specifics but it was almost certainly involved.
Uguu Champion 2k10-2k16
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio wrote:The height of tl;dr

Bad shit happens, that's life. In the grand echelons of bad things that could happen to you, rape isn't even that bad. Honestly I'd rank it below violent assault.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #222398

the extent of my munchkinning is pretty much
1. get four bits of gear with -25% cost to alteration spells
2. pick up some random piece of junk with telekinesis
3. keep spell up, bring up map, fast travel to the other side of the map
4. level up, make alteration legendary
repeat as necessary
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #222411

Which is why I modded Skyrim.
My combat is hard as fuck even on Adept. If I am to beat any dragon alone I have to cheese it with a mixture of crossbow hit-and-run and high-level destruction spells.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #222435

which combat mod are you using?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #222437

Core is Ultimate Combat and Combat Evolved, along with Lock-On, SPERG-Ordinator Combined, AGO, Nock to Tip and probably other shit I've missed and will edit in later.
On top of that: Apocalypse Magic, Living Takes Time to block leveling in combat (too much of a pussy to block menu access and saving, though), Stealth Skills Rebalanced, Ultimate Dragons and Thunderchild.
Other stuff: Ballistic Spells, Spell Charging, Spell Chaining, Realistic Archery, OBIS.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #222740

I've been playing enough edgy mirrors to discover my greatest pet peeve in any game involving AI firing on you.
They do it even if their allies are in melee range, and usually instead of ensuring the AI doesn't do it the devs just disable friendly fire damage.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #222930

Planetside 2

Yeah. This is about as I remember it being. Pretty decent, nothing too interesting. They cranked up the rate for unlocking stuff so that helps
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #223514

morrowind continues to make some of the best moments

>steal something from a town
>walk outside for quick escape
>not one, not two, THREE guards in basically the same spot
>STOPRIGHTTHERECRIMINALSCUM
>fuck no pigs
>beat it
>fuck up and run up against the mountain that borders the town
>pause rummage through my inventory to see if i have anything that can help
>travel worn pants: levitate
>those guards' faces when i put on a new pair of pants near-instantaneously and slowly float away over the mountainside

also

>in ruins
>suddenly come into room with 4 enemies
>usually 3 is my max and even then its pushing it
>more pause rummaging to see if there's some shield stacking i can do to even the odds
>oh wait whats this scroll that i've been keeping around forever
>elemental burst? sounds good
>fire it off without thinking
>gib entire room, including me

magic can be so fucking op in morrowind i swear to god
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #227772

Jade Empire.
The combat utterly disgusts me. It feels slow and tedious, and there's no quickloading when you die. You have to wait the entire ten seconds it takes for the death screen to appear.
Plus it's chock full of two-hit-kill BS.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #227962

I am such a coward when i play Darkest Dungeon, i usually bring way too many torches and maximum food. I really need to get back in to it, my estate has the guild, smith and chapel fully upgraded and a bunch of level six heroes, just need to nut up and start running the darkest dungeon
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #227979

I want that achievement for beating the final boss with Renault and Dismas, but I sent them both out to fight Brigand Vulf and they both almost died. They survived a couple deaths door hits each, it was a real fucking nailbiter
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #227994

Fuck the torches, you get more loot in the dark
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #229285

After switching from that faggoty-ass useless Thousand Cuts style to White Demon I was about to revise my judgment on Jade Empire.
And then I bumped into the boss of the fucking Dignified Collector's Tomb.
There's two things I hate: enemies who damage multiple stats when attacking, and enemies who heal themselves.
This is an enemy who drains health and chi with his strikes, his attacks heal him, he has an unblockable and undodgeable attack which deals nasty damage and heals him even more, and he can also recover health just by standing around, so slow and patient isn't an option either.
Did I mention he's a flour bag and a spirit, which means weapons and most support styles don't work on him?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #229324

Too many darkies for it to be nazi.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #229336

I should finish Tyranny already, but Trails of Cold Steel 2 grabbed me and doesn't wanna let me go.

I sure like how some pals of mine are hyping FFXV, even though they know only disappointment awaits them, and meanwhile I'm enjoying both being a massive dick to everyone in Tyranny, and enjoying a rather good plot and challenging combat in cold steel.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #229362

Malkevin wrote:Too many darkies for it to be nazi.
Freies Arabien.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #229497

And done with Jade Empire.
Fuck you, old man.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #229509

DemonFiren wrote:And done with Jade Empire.
Fuck you, old man.
Did you got the Threesome ending?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #229524

I tried to stay a wizard but it's next to impossible not to romance Dawn Star without being an asshole.
Princess can go fuck herself, though.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #229528

DemonFiren wrote:I tried to stay a wizard but it's next to impossible not to romance Dawn Star without being an asshole.
Princess can go fuck herself, though.
I guess I'm an asshole, I never saw Dawn Star's single ending.

Either that or I don't relate to Bioware's concept of love.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #230793

I got a gift copy of Contraption Maker, pm me your email if you want it. But only if you like puzzles.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #230862

Beyond Good and Evil now.

Jesus fucking Christ this motherfucking air hockey minigame has so many fucking flaws it's making me lose my fucking vocabulary.
First, aiming is apparently deliberately imprecise for you, but of course not for your computer opponent.
Second, something must have gone wrong with the physics to make a fast puck be deflected or even reflected by an infinitely slower one headed in the opposite direction.
Third, the automatic switch between pucks - no, you cannot select which one you'll shoot next - takes time. Time which your computer opponent, again, doesn't need.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #230864

Playing Planet Coaster. It's basically Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 (REDUX). Fucking amazing. The terrain sculptor is fan fucking tastic
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #230903

I have one problem with Planet Coaster
Spoiler:
Nothing you will ever build will be as good as this
[youtube]Hw0dpG4rI5Q[/youtube]
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #231618

Been replaying Mass Effect for the millionth time recently. Had to double take on a line where Mordin is talking about captain Kirrahe calling him "a bit of a cloaca though. Loved his speeches".

What a strange world I live in where lizard ERP drama in a 2d atmos simulator would teach me the context to finally understand that line.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #231622

But did Mordin call him a pussy, dick or asshole?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Quanti

Post by Quanti » #231625

Jesus I didn't realise cloacas were so versatile, trust you to know that little tidbit. How do I unsubscribe from lizard sex facts 13?

Well I came across another one in the shadow broker dlc where Kirrahe calls Mordin a tough cloaca, make of that what you will.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #231632

Because salarians are amphibians, not reptiles:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Quanti

Post by Quanti » #231634

I WANT TO GET OFF THIS RIDE.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #231669

I think in that context he was calling him an asshole, Kirahi was a fucking badass
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #231683

I remember Kirrahe's appearance in 3's Sur'Kesh mission.
I want one of those.
Those explosive orb meme guns.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #231687

I played mass effect 1 probably 6-7 times and i literally had no idea it was even possible to save him until the playable trailer for ME3 came out, because one of the objectives you need to complete to save him is so utterly out of the way. Blew my fucking mind
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Cw3040
Byond Username: Cw3040

Post by Cw3040 » #231704

I'm playing Job, SS13, and Tabletop Simulator.
Spoiler:
GREYTIDE STATIONWIDE
ImageImage
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #231709

Wyzack wrote:I played mass effect 1 probably 6-7 times and i literally had no idea it was even possible to save him until the playable trailer for ME3 came out, because one of the objectives you need to complete to save him is so utterly out of the way. Blew my fucking mind
that's where being a completionautist really shines

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #231713

Also after my first playthrough i let Ashley fucking burn on Vermire.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #231716

You don't like Space Republicans, do you.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Quanti

Post by Quanti » #231841

I had a similar moment where it turns out that if you don't bring Wrex to Chora's Den you can actually spare Fist. I guess it's kinda obvious when you think about it but I had always taken Wrex with me until this play through since there wasn't really any reason to say no to him coming along. Still shot him in the face though.
XSI

Post by XSI » #233120

I just had an amazing first round of Rainbow 6 siege in ranked

>8 rounds
>Hostage died in 6 of them
>Half of it was 3v5
>I got teamkilled twice
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #233189

Playing Shin Megami Tensei Apocalypse.

Maybe it's me, but in 30 hours of gameplay I only had a very early wipe, and from that point only minor crisis while recruiting (losing too many turn to RNG)

I guess Atlus is abandoning their usual, challenging ways.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #233520

fortunate son in the background
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #233533

A steam/clockpunk itch hit me due to the glory of cuck cult.
What should I pick up that isn't Arcanum or Dishonored?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #234858

shadow tactics: blades of the shogun spoilers follow
Spoiler:

I'm gonna miss my nigga Mugen.