How many notes would you say warrant a ban?

icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

How many notes would you say warrant a ban?

Post by icecreamcohn » #193930

So NikNak says I am a shit because I have too many notes and if I fuck up I will get a permaban.

This makes me think. How many notes are too many? Are the notes considered in this ban? If the notes are for doing different things and being warned, should those notes warrant the ban?

What if each note is for a different thing? How about the length of the note?

So there was a moment of being a shitler when I first started in in 2015. I fully admit to that... I took bans for stupid things.

The being creepy one was Emoting giggles his Weenie while he was nude. Then whispers " The Love Engine " Bends over to pick up something and then lays down and yells all aboard.

So I take the hit for that. I guess. I am not going to argue. What I think is funny someone thought was creepy.

You be the the Judge. Here are my notes.

http://pastebin.com/ERT7cxNQ
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: How many notes would you say warrant a ban?

Post by Anonmare » #193989

Generally if you're picking up more notes in a week than most players do in a year - then there's a problem.
I believe I only have 6 notes in total and mostly for minor infractions.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #193990

As with most things there are no hard and fast rules and it is strongly up to admin opinion. I think that is a good indicator that you should probably shape up
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
icecreamcohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #194072

But do notes for being salty warrant a ban?

2016-04-13 01:29:10 | /tg/Station Bagil [ENGLISH] [100% LAG FREE] | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
"i will kill you nrext time we play" "and take the ban for it" - If he dunks cherrypone for any reason that isn't extremely and undeniably valid, make it a very very long ban.

IN the above note nothing came over it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-05-10 17:31:18 | /tg/Station Bagil [ENGLISH] [100% FREE LAG] | thelongbowman [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Got a bit too salt over another player, to which they had their IC name changed to the other players ckey.

This one was just a name change. The name it self followed name rules.

2016-05-12 20:08:19 | /tg/Station Bagil [ENGLISH] [100% FREE LAG] | lilahnovi [Remove Note] [Edit Note] Last edit by lilahnovi (Click here to see edit log)
Helped Ziggy (Shetay9) attack a clown to take his PAI as HOP. Watch out for this kind of behavior.

Helping someone get rid of the clowns PAi is also worth a note or a ban?

Just some of the notes seem not to warrant this kind of response.
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #194075

Reading your notes, you already warrant a permaban. You've been given leniency.

From a neutral standpoint, notes don't always mean anything, but can be used to highlight potential reoccurring unacceptable behaviors. If every round you're breaking windows, abusing command authority, etc, these become big issues as they go on-- when they aren't just incidental.

So, how many notes would you say warrant a ban?

As many as it takes.
Winsome Lousome - A Winsome lass with criminal tendencies.
Kwisatz Haderach - Blue haired prophet of engineering.
Steals-The-Thing - That fucking ligger stole the pen out of my PDA.
icecreamcohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #194078

Cayce wrote:Reading your notes, you already warrant a permaban. You've been given leniency.

From a neutral standpoint, notes don't always mean anything, but can be used to highlight potential reoccurring unacceptable behaviors. If every round you're breaking windows, abusing command authority, etc, these become big issues as they go on-- when they aren't just incidental.

So, how many notes would you say warrant a ban?

As many as it takes.

I fully admit I should of been banned when I started.

I was told to stop doing things and I did.

With my notes would you mind pointing out why I should have a permaban? From when I first started playing?
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #194095

Bro there ain't no hard notes-to-ban ration.

As its been stated, its up to the admin at the time to determine the effective punishment.

With that robust amount of notes though, I'm sure it would swing most admins' opinion in a negative direction of you should conflict arise again.
So don't be shit, be a good little boy, and then none of this matters.

PS this thread kind of feels like you asking how much of the line can you toe before getting b&, not really helping your case tbqh fam.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #194096

Notes are an indication of past shit behavior. You act like shit a lot and therefore have a lot of notes. Nik says if you don't stop acting like shit you will cop a Perma, referencing your notes which are evidence of your shit behavior. This is not a matter of "you have reached X notes now get banned" and you must be acting intentionally dense to believe so. Try not being a shitter like Nik suggested and you might be okay
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster