[SubtleGraces] Kodeth101 - Completely Wrong.

Appeals which have been closed.
Kodeth101
Byond Username: Kodeth101

[SubtleGraces] Kodeth101 - Completely Wrong.

Post by Kodeth101 » #16044

Byond account and character name: Kodeth101, Gabe Horn

Banning admin: SubtleGraces

Ban reason and length: "Randomly attacked the Clown in the bar leading to a brawl and at least one death in retaliation when people came after him." 1440 Minutes.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Approximately 3:00 AM Central US 6/26/14

Your side of the story: I was the Chef, and I punched the Clown multiple times in the bar. The Botanist then tabled the Clown, and I punched the Clown two more times. After this, I attempted to go the cigarette machine to grab a cigarette. On the way, though, the Botanist stabbed my eyes multiple times, causing permanent shortsightedness.

Obviously, this behavior will not go unpunished, so I managed to do the same to him. The Mime then came out of god-knows-where, and I do not think that he witnessed any of the events besides me stabbing the eyes of the Botanist. After I left the Kitchen, a lynch mob was formed to try to kill me.

This mob included the Mime, the Clown, and the Botanist. I attempted to flee from them, first unsuccessfully. The Mime smashed a bottle over my head, and proceeded to slash me with the Bottle. I do not know what weapons the Mime and Clown were using, but I know that they continued to follow me after I tried to flee multiple times. I ran into the kitchen and attempted to close the doors, but the Botanist got in the way of the door closing, and so he let the Clown and Mime in with him. I tried to get into the gibber room, but they got in there too.

I managed to escape into maintenance, though, and I did so with HP in the red. I got the AI to open up fitness room so I could heal up, but the Mime got into the fitness room with me. He once again attempted to murder me. I managed to kill him, though.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I tried my hardest to not take any lethal routes in dealing with the mob, but I was forced to when the Mime would not stop following me with a broken bottle.
SubtleGraces says the ban is legit, simply for the reason that the Botanist and the Mime were trying to protect the Clown. This is obviously not true if he paid literally any attention to what I had been saying to him, but apparently I am a hardened criminal trained in the art of lying.
The Mime did not witness me hitting the Clown. The Botanist was not trying to defend the Clown, else he would not have tabled him. The Botanist and Mime were simply just trying to get a valid kill on me, to lengthen their e-penises. I should also mention that IC action was being taken against me when I was banned.
This was all an IC issue.
The Mime got Cloned. The Clown got healed. The Botanist (probably) got his eyes fixed via surgery or the endless supply of carrots that Botany has.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [SubtleGraces] Kodeth101 - Completely Wrong.

Post by MrStonedOne » #16073

So I was on that round, and saw part of this take place.

Lets work this out, play by play,

You randomly punch player1 7 times for no reason, player2, who saw this and has every right to think you are rogue, waits till you have your back turned and attacks you. You get them back, eye for an eye (pun intended), player 3, who could have saw either attacks, or even could have saw that you closed your shutters and then later saw that the clown was hurt when they were open, who at this point, would/could also have every reason to think you are rogue, attacks you, you kill them.

Now, if you take away everything that can be claimed as defense of yourself or another player, we are left with this.

You randomly punch player1 7 times for no reason.

This ALONE, can warrant a short ban depending on player history and admin discretion, and as subtle said in their pm to you, you can not kill people in the resulting brawl when the action that caused it was such obvious Griff. That's kill baiting, and people have gotten banned just for doing that.

Attack Logs for reference for what ever admin makes a decision.
Spoiler:
[00:28:52]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) </font>
[00:28:53]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) </font>
[00:28:54]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) </font>
[00:28:55]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) </font>
[00:28:56]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) </font>
[00:29:03]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) </font>
[00:29:09]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) </font>
[00:29:11]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Zoey Webb(firecage) grabbed Gabe Horn(kodeth101) passively</font>
[00:29:25]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Zoey Webb(firecage) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with fork(INTENT: GRAB)</font>
[00:29:26]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) grabbed Zoey Webb(firecage) passively</font>
[00:29:27]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Zoey Webb(firecage) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with fork(INTENT: GRAB)</font>
[00:29:28]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Zoey Webb(firecage) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with fork(INTENT: GRAB)</font>
[00:29:40]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Zoey Webb(firecage) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with fork(INTENT: GRAB)</font>
[00:29:46]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with kitchen knife(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:29:47]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with kitchen knife(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:30:18]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:30:20]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:30:21]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:30:22]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:30:27]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:30:28]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:30:30]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:30:31]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:30:35]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Zoey Webb(firecage) with fork(INTENT: HARM)</font>
[00:31:31]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with bottle</font>
[00:31:34]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:31:36]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:31:37]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) disarmed Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) </font>
[00:31:40]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:31:47]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:31:48]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:31:52]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Mein Honkf(otherdalfite) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:31:53]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Zoey Webb(firecage) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with fork(INTENT: DISARM)</font>
[00:31:54]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Zoey Webb(firecage) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with fork(INTENT: DISARM)</font>
[00:32:00]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:32:53]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) </font>
[00:32:55]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:32:55]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:32:56]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:32:57]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:32:58]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:32:59]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:00]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:33:05]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:06]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:07]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) disarmed Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:33:08]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) </font>
[00:33:10]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) disarmed Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:33:11]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:11]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) disarmed Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:33:12]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) </font>
[00:33:13]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) punched Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) </font>
[00:33:15]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:16]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:17]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:19]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:19]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:21]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:23]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:25]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:26]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:27]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:33:28]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked Space-Mime Continuum(bobdobbington) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:40:41]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jotaro Kujo(hunting247) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:40:42]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jotaro Kujo(hunting247) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:40:43]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jotaro Kujo(hunting247) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:40:44]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jotaro Kujo(hunting247) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:40:46]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jotaro Kujo(hunting247) punched Gabe Horn(kodeth101) </font>
[00:49:11]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked John Doe(toedstewie007) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:49:12]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked John Doe(toedstewie007) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:49:13]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked John Doe(toedstewie007) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:49:14]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Gabe Horn(kodeth101) attacked John Doe(toedstewie007) with Broken Bottle(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[00:52:15]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Tyrone Werry(boberjones) grabbed Gabe Horn(kodeth101) passively</font>
[01:04:04]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jeff Deringer(bubbadoo13) attacked Gabe Horn(kodeth101) with The Holy Book of Lovecraftian</font>
Admin PM conversation:
Spoiler:
[00:38:07]ADMIN: PM: SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville)->Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn): Hey there, can I ask about what went down in the bar?
[00:39:11]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): Yes. I hit the Clown a few times, the Botanist stabbed my eyes out, I stabbed the Botanist's eyes out, the Mime, Clown, and Botanist teamed up on me, and I ran away, and the Mime tried to kill me again so I killed him.
[00:40:03]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): This fucking "Star Platinum" thing is fucking murdering me.
[00:41:02]ADMIN: PM: SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville)->Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn): It's a shade; but that said punching the Clown seven times might get some people after you. Killing the Mime might get a few more.
[00:42:29]ADMIN: PM: SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville)->Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn): Afraid you kind of started the fight by attacking the Clown. There was no reason to do that and killing someone in the resulting brawl is going to have OOC consequences. Any questions?
[00:43:03]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): The Mime continued to follow me after I tried to run away. It was complete self defense. Hitting the Clown had nothing to do with the Mime at all, he was just validhunting.
[00:43:26]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): Plus, the Clown is fine. Those 3 brought me down to red and semi-blinded me.
[00:43:41]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): This is an IC issue.
[00:44:15]ADMIN: PM: SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville)->Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn): Seven punches does a not-insignificant amount of damage. Someone tried to stop you harming the Clown, so you stabbed their eyes out. Someone else sees all of this and tries to stop you, you kill them. It's not really an IC matter.
[00:45:02]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): The guy didn't try to stop me, he attacked me about a full minute after I stopped hitting the Clown.
[00:45:22]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): And he attacked me by stabbing my eyes out, so I did the same. "An eye for an eye" no pun intended.
[00:45:39]ADMIN: PM: SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville)->Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn): I'd have a bit more sympathy if the root cause of all this drama wasn't you literally attacking the Clown for no reason.
[00:46:24]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): It is still an IC issue. If you think it's necessary, prison me. But this doesn't warrant a large punishment.
[00:46:40]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): The Mime and Botanist were simply just trying to get a kill for their e-peens.
[00:47:38]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): By the way, if the Botanist was trying to defend the Clown from me, why did he table the Clown?
[00:49:42]ADMIN: PM: SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville)->Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn): None of this would have happened at all if you didn't take it upon yourself to attack the Clown. It's griff, it's being a dick and I'm not going to fault someone for treating you like shit afterwards. Everything after that you brought on yourself; if you're upset with the decision I encourage you to make an appeal on the forums.
[00:50:04]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): Can you not, dude.
[00:50:29]ADMIN: PM: Kodeth101/(Gabe Horn)->SubtleGraces/(Kira Seville): What's done is done. The Mime is being cloned as far as I know, the Clown is not hurt, the Botanist probably got his eyes fixed.
oh, and uhh, from reading the logs, this part here kinda stood out to me:

[00:36:43]SAY: Gabe Horn/Kodeth101 : I killed the Mime in self defense.
[00:36:57]SAY: Gabe Horn/Kodeth101 : I didn't want to.
[00:37:00]SAY: Gabe Horn/Kodeth101 : But uh
[00:37:04]SAY: Gabe Horn/Kodeth101 : I need to hide the body.
[00:37:08]SAY: Gabe Horn/Kodeth101 : So he doesn' get cloned.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Kodeth101

Post by Kodeth101 » #16085

player2, who saw this and has every right to think you are rogue, waits till you have your back turned and attacks you.
You seem to have completely missed the part where I said that the Botanist was not in any way trying to help the Clown. The botanist wasn't waiting until I had my backed turned, and you have absolutely zero reason to say that. You're making things up. You didn't post the full attack logs of what happened in the situation. You took out the part where the Botanist tabled the Clown. It's awfully obvious when you pay attention to that fact, that the Botanist was not in any way, shape, or form trying to defend the Clown from me. Rather, he was helping me attack the Clown.
player 3, who could have saw either attacks, or even could have saw that you closed your shutters and then later saw that the clown was hurt when they were open
The shutters never closed, the Clown was never in my kitchen before I attacked him. Quit making things up. The whole thing happened in bar, save for me punching the Clown after he tried to slip me, which happened under the bar. The Clown was not hurt enough to be bloodied at all, you could only tell that the Clown was hurt by observing him.
You randomly punch player1 7 times for no reason.
Attempting to slip somebody seems like a damn good enough reason to punch somebody multiple times. Especially when you think about it IC-wise. My character is 50-something years old, and can easily get badly hurt by falling.
Attack Logs for reference for what ever admin makes a decision.
Not the full attack logs. Once again, lying to make me look worse.
oh, and uhh, from reading the logs, this part here kinda stood out to me
Once again, leaving bits out. Somebody had praised me for attacking the Mime, and I was attempting to impress him.
The body was not hidden, in fact, it was put in plain sight.
I did not want the Mime to be cloned because he would attempt to murder me *once I had my back turned*.

So please, MrStonedOne, don't make things up to justify a wrong decision that your buddy made. It just makes you both look bad.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #16087

I'll try to keep things succinct so this thread doesn't turn into a back and forth circus.

Basically it's a single-day ban regarding the Mime because in all honesty none of that would have happened without the initial decision to badly beat the Clown; because Clown. What sort of reaction were you hoping to get out of the crew? A player ended up dead because you wanted to griff a bit so, as the root cause, you're being saddled with the consequences of those events.

This ban isn't for punching anybody a few times or for acting in self-defense. It's for fishing a reaction and getting your resulting valids.

It's not hard to wrap your head around. Don't be a dick to random people in the spessman game.
Kodeth101

Post by Kodeth101 » #16088

This ban isn't for punching anybody a few times or for acting in self-defense. It's for fishing a reaction and getting your resulting valids.
Have you somehow forgotten that I tried as best as I could to run away from the Mime and everyone else?
Does it make sense to you that somebody that wants to go around killing people decides to try his best to run away instead?
If it does, something is horribly wrong with your sense of reasoning.
initial decision to badly beat the Clown; because Clown
The Clown was not badly beaten. 7 punches is not even enough to bring somebody into yellow HP (tested on another server).
And yes, I beat the Clown for being a Clown. And by being a Clown, I mean attempting to slip me. Like Clowns do.
It's not hard to wrap your head around.
How painfully ironic, considering you can't even get your head around the fact that not every case of punching somebody is pure grief.
You should really take your job more seriously. You can't even post on a ban appeal thread and take it seriously. Pathetic.
Learn to admit when you're wrong, because you clearly are in this case. You only choose to accept the facts that you want to accept, because lolvalidban.
Kodeth101

Post by Kodeth101 » #16128

How strange, you didn't see my reply that was only 16 minutes after yours.
I highly doubt that. You probably realized you were wrong, and you, being stubborn, decided that it would be best to not admit to your awful wrongdoing. Rather, you would let the completely unjustified, tyrannical, and overall pathetic ban, go untouched for the whole 24 hours.
Whether or not I am 100% correct in saying this, I demand that the note for this incident is removed from my account.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #16129

Adminship isnt our primary job, and people who admin are not all NEETs like you. Shut your mouth, and wait for a reply. It hasnt even be a day, and it's still morning in US.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Kodeth101

Post by Kodeth101 » #16130

Adminship isnt our primary job
I somehow doubt that SubtleGraces works between the hours of 10 PM to 3 AM.
and people who admin are not all NEETs like you
I'm not NEET, but thanks though. Kind of pathetic how you say that, considering your "job" is to watch over people while they play a 2D game about space.
Shut your mouth, and wait for a reply.
I waited for a reply. Long past when the ban was up. The admin taking so long to respond to a post about removing a ban, so long that the ban is completed and then some before he replies, is a valid reason to complain.
It hasnt even be a day
It has been a day since my ban has been placed. Have you not been paying any attention whatsoever like the rest of the admins? It seems that every single one of you like to take certain facts and accept them, while completely ignoring others.
and it's still morning in US.
SubtleGraces often plays during the early hours of the morning. He was on to make a post, he should've seen the post in retaliation that was minutes afterwards.

Also, you have absolutely nothing to do with this thread, so why are you here?
To stroke your friend's e-peen?
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #16160

How to not get unbanned 2: Repercussions of banning.

Its a day ban. For murder. As is usually standard
Kodeth101

Post by Kodeth101 » #16164

Its a day ban. For murder. As is usually standard
Is self defense now against the rules?
According to rule 3b:
"If you don’t have a solid IC reason for murder, you may be removed."
I had a perfectly solid IC reason for murder, which is that I tried my hardest to escape from somebody who was trying to murder me, and my only choice was to defend myself from him.
You may as well change the wording of this rule to:
"Even if you have a solid IC reason for murder, you'll be removed if the admin feels like it."

Apparently, as the case is with every other admin, you chose to only accept the facts that support your buttbuddy's case, and omit the rest. Pathetic. Really, truly pathetic.
Subtle

Post by Subtle » #16215

Haven't responded for the reason I listed earlier. It's true I'm around early-EST but I can't be on every day or always during those hours.
Also, I'm in no rush to have the same argument we had on-server again, except peppered with (even more) amusing insults. Events go like this.

Clown attempts to slip you -> You attack the Clown -> Someone attacks you for attacking the Clown -> You robust them
So after dropping the wrath on two people for (as far as normal players can tell) no reason, the third person comes after you and you kill them.
Also, as an aside, you can't really use "IC motivations" as a defense when your roleplayed reaction is wordlessly kicking the shit out of the Clown.

What does a slip do to you? Absolutely nothing. Where is the fault for the entire fight, not just running/calling Sec or even adminhelping when the attack happened? On you. Also, of course you're going to get out of the bar. There's a lynch-mob behind you from the Clown and blind person. I'm really glad you tried to disengage yourself from the situation but at that point the notion of doing it for any reason other than to save your own ass is laughable. Running when a fight looks grim is entirely different from trying to avoid conflict.

If you cared at all about avoiding conflict you wouldn't be so petty as to beat up the Clown for a failed PDA slip, or think you're justified in "defending yourself" lethally from the people trying to defend the Clown and others from you. Seven punches only does so-much damage? Whoop-de-doo man. If you fill up everyone's screen with messages about punching someone they're going to make assumptions.

You're an insufferable person, a dick even, and thank whatever-Gods-may-be we have rules against being just that.
(Feel free to ignore all this unrelated steno-posting; I really appreciate the support you guys, but even he deserves to be safe from it)
Kodeth101

Post by Kodeth101 » #16220

Also, as an aside, you can't really use "IC motivations" as a defense when your roleplayed reaction is wordlessly kicking the shit out of the Clown.
So you're telling me that every time somebody attempts to attack you (which is what slipping is) that before retaliating, every single time, you announce to everybody "Hello, Crew. I regret to inform you that the Clown has attempted to slip me, which would likely lead to stripping me of my clothing, and stealing my ID. Because of this, I am going to attack the Clown. Please do not attempt to attack me, for I am simply defending myself." Sorry for the reality check, but that's unrealistic.
What does a slip do to you? Absolutely nothing.
A slip leads to me being vulnerable to being stripped, stolen from, or attacked.
I'm really glad you tried to disengage yourself from the situation but at that point the notion of doing it for any reason other than to save your own ass is laughable. Running when a fight looks grim is entirely different from trying to avoid conflict.
I also ran because I did not want to have to resort to killing anybody, because surely the admins would get involved and circlejerk all over me. Seems I was correct.
If you cared at all about avoiding conflict you wouldn't be so petty as to beat up the Clown for a failed PDA slip
I refuse to let the Clown walk all over me or anybody else. Clowns have a history of stealing from people after they slip them, and I wanted to persuade the Clown to fuck off.
people trying to defend the Clown and others from you.
Once again, REFUSING to accept all of the facts that I posted. The Botanist was not in any way attempting to help the Clown from me, else he would not have tabled him. How many times do I have to say this to get this through your thick skull?
Seven punches only does so-much damage? Whoop-de-doo man. If you fill up everyone's screen with messages about punching someone they're going to make assumptions.
I assumed that people would make decisions based on what would happen if they were actually in the situation (hence roleplay) sorry to tell you, but people do not have "screens" on the side of their vision which say "Gabe Horn has punched the Clown!"
You're an insufferable person, a dick even, and thank whatever-Gods-may-be we have rules against being just that.
Once again, admins needlessly insulting me for simply defending my case.

I may seem insufferable (or maybe even a dick) because I am correct, and you are completely wrong. But you refuse to even acknowledge the notion that you may be incorrect in one of your actions.

I expect the note to be removed from my account, and I am hoping for an apology. (Unlikely, considering how stubborn you are.)

Please, for the love of God, actually read and accept the facts that I put down this time.

p.s. you've resorted to having other people's mistakes and assumptions as being the valid reason for my ban. sorry, but that's not a valid reason to ban someone :^)
Subtle

Post by Subtle » #16232

Alright, so let's just cut the bull and accept that neither of us are going to back down.
I've discussed in-depth why I feel your reasoning isn't acceptable or accurate; repeating myself only serves to muddy the issue.
Kodeth101 wrote:Please, for the love of God, actually read and accept the facts that I put down this time.
Simply put? No. I've been reading it, trust me, and still refuse to accept your faulty logic/validseeking. Consider this appeal denied.

Roleplay only seems to exist for you once it becomes necessary to justify whatever whim you're indulging at the moment.
Kodeth101

Post by Kodeth101 » #16235

Consider this appeal denied.
Oh no, my ban appeal was denied a full 17~ hours after my ban was up.
Sad day.
I've discussed in-depth why I feel your reasoning isn't acceptable or accurate
No you haven't, you've changed your story multiple times, and every single time it was a reason that was not valid.
Roleplay only seems to exist for you once it becomes necessary to justify whatever whim you're indulging at the moment.
Funny, considering I actually RP, and I do it better than most.
I've been reading it
Apparently not. I had to say many, many, many times that the Botanist was not defending the Clown.
You've changed your story multiple times.
First it was "they were trying to defend the Clown." When I proved that wrong, it was "well you punched the clown 4 no reason." When I provided a reason, you said "well think about it from the mime's point of view"
The mime did not witness the entire thing, yet got themselves involved anyways and attempted to murder me. I defend myself by killing the Mime in response.
Tell me, exactly, what rule am I breaking? And don't say rule 1, because that is the most vague rule there is.
I hit the clown in defense of myself, I stabbed the Botanist after he stabbed me, and I killed the Mime after he attempted to kill me.
I am completely just in my actions, and the note needs to be removed from my account.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #16238

it's denied