A Question About Tele-Science

General SS13 Chat
EmptyK01

A Question About Tele-Science

Post by EmptyK01 » #16121

Hello! I was wondering how to upgrade tele-science fully. So you stuff the console with b-space crystals, then you upgrade the capacitor to super and that tops it off at 50. So, how do you get the remaining 50?
OOC: EnterDOT: I want the US to have a president that for once isn't like Hitler
OOC: EnterDOT: I mean Hillary Clinton

as334
Byond Username: As334
Github Username: as334

Re: A Question About Tele-Science

Post by as334 » #16138

You don't. Or you can try and pray to a mod to have them Var-Edit the crystal cap off.
EmptyK01

Post by EmptyK01 » #16142

Ok. That seems weird that they'd have a 100 setting if you could only reach 50.
OOC: EnterDOT: I want the US to have a president that for once isn't like Hitler
OOC: EnterDOT: I mean Hillary Clinton

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #16468

EmptyK01 wrote:Ok. That seems weird that they'd have a 100 setting if you could only reach 50.
I honestly can't think of a reason I'd ever need 100 power.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #16469

You actually can get to 100 power. You just need actual bluespace crystals from the bluespace slimes, not R&D ones.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #16519

Kraso wrote:You actually can get to 100 power. You just need actual bluespace crystals from the bluespace slimes, not R&D ones.
that uh

that's a really shitty way to shoehorn in xenobio into other jobs

someone should change it to rely on upgrading instead
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #16520

not really a shitty way, considering there is no reason you will ever need above 50. it's like, if you want 100, fine, have fun going through hell to get your useless feature
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #16564

goofball the same logic says that rnd is a shitty way to shoehorn in requirements for fancy items
xenobio is a part of science
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Giacom
Byond Username: Giacomand

Post by Giacom » #16574

I haven't taken notice of any of the changes made to telescience recently but you were given an option to get RnD bluespace crystals or get them from slimes. Hardly any difference, they both upgraded the level and the only real difference was that the slime crystals would allow you to blink further when you use it in your hand.
Check out my MiniStation map, for low population servers. http://tgstation13.org/wiki/MiniStation
as334
Byond Username: As334
Github Username: as334

Post by as334 » #16609

Actually I'm pretty sure the Xenobio crystals don't work. A while back I tested it with ones I got spawned in by admins and it would still only fit in one more than usual and they didn't boost it more than
the ones that come preloaded inside.

Later I also looked at the code and it has a hard limit of 4 crystals. So yeah, it doesn't go above 50. However 50 will reach I'm pretty sure ANYTHING so it doesn't matter.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #16861

as334 wrote:Actually I'm pretty sure the Xenobio crystals don't work. A while back I tested it with ones I got spawned in by admins and it would still only fit in one more than usual and they didn't boost it more than
the ones that come preloaded inside.

Later I also looked at the code and it has a hard limit of 4 crystals. So yeah, it doesn't go above 50. However 50 will reach I'm pretty sure ANYTHING so it doesn't matter.
While it won't literally reach every square on the map, it will reach pretty much every square something or somebody will likely be in.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #19400

And if not? Relocate telescience!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #19497

50 will reasonably reach the whole station, save maybe for arrivals.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #19501

In the absolute worst calibration case (effectual power of 46), maximum range for the 50 power setting (at an adjusted 45 degree vertical angle) is 211.6 squares.

The telepad is at 193, 112 on box, so this is enough to reach pretty much everything.

Edit: forgot about diagonals like a retard; there's a few corners of the map unreachable. Not enough to have an effect, though.