Remove Chasms

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Remove Chasms

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219739

See: Title
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: Remove Chasms

Post by Thunder11 » #219740

Watch your step
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219743

You move too fast to let your emotions catch up or to notice the difference between the black flooring that instakills you to the regular black flooring that's everywhere else
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #219744

Lavaland is supposed to be dangerous, try using your eyes
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219746

If only I had though of that in the dozens of times I've fallen down chasms
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #219747

Yes, if only...
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219749

Mm...
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219753

Also since when is dangerous interchangeable with garbage design? Rolling a dice and getting gibbed on anything from a 1-5 at roundstart is hard, but that isn't good design you idiots.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #219754

It isn't even hard to see.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #219757

Ah yes of all the unfair things on Lavaland, you complain about the one that doesn't move, doesn't chase, and doesn't particularly do anything.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #219758

Just don't die lol
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219759

Maybe if you're triple-checking every step you take so you don't get landmine'd and die, but every goddamn miner run I have seems to have the /bizzare habit/ of exclusively dying to chasms out of nowhere. Once I fucking killed a Collosus and then died to a chasm as I wander around looking for mats, it was retarded.

And nothing else on lavaland is nearly invisible and instakills you. Lava at least has the courtesy of being impossible to miss and NOT BLACK, yet every fucking time I suggest we just REPLACE CHASMS WITH LAVA NOBODY FUCKING LISTENS
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #219760

i've literally only died to a chasm one time before and that was when lavaland was new and i didnt know that tendrils made chasms
just dont go near them??? i dont understand how this is such an issue
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #219761

it's a shadow can't use his eyes so the game has to hold his hand and make sure he doesn't die episode

im gonna change the channel if you don't mind
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #219762

B A S A L T - D E A T H - T R A P
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219763

What if you're not the one who kills it, and thus have literally no way of expecting your INSTANT DEATH?

By the way, rhetorical question. How many other things instantly kill you in the game? The only other things that instakill you are bombs, and those are extremely rare these days. Why the fuck do chasms get a pass?
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #219764

This sounds like a problem wearing mesons would solve.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219765

Aloraydrel wrote:it's a shadow can't use his eyes so the game has to hold his hand and make sure he doesn't die episode
I can't distinguish dark colors on a screen so you're goddamn right there, I always crank the brightness up to max in every game I play or else I can't fucking see
Saegrimr wrote:This sounds like a problem wearing mesons would solve.
Good things mesons reveal them right?

(They don't)
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #219767

"guys i play with the brightness on my screen turn to -10 because im a elite arrpeer and require maximum immushurion"

turn your fucking brightness up or stop running in open spaces expecting not to fall
also literally "i ded pls nurf"
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219769

If I cut it up any higher it's like stabbing my eyes, and it's not like it's even remotely close to low anyways. I just can't fucking distinguish dark colors on a screen.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #219776

Then find another job we aren't painting chasms bright pink for you
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219794

I haven't heard a single goddamn argument as to why we couldn't swap chasms for a lava moat, consider this the cue for anyone with literally any compelling opposing reason why not.

Reminder that "use your eyes" and "git gud" are not arguments
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #219851

Does your screen turn into a black blob while watching dark videos? If yes, you might want to turn your gamma up. It will look wonky for a day or so, but the increased detail quickly makes up for it. Or get a better monitor.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #219854

You are the only person i've seen who's had this problem, chasm's are hilariously easy to avoid and are cool.

If you hate them so much, try making a PR to remove them, that is also easy.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Setting_up_git
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #219856

Don't bother, because I'll close it.

Chasms are an environmental hazard in lavaland, designed to make lavaland deadly to someone who isn't paying attention.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #219875

Sounds like a problem of not getting good.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #219888

>Even if you coded it I'd deny it

Cool dude oranges saves the day
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #219890

Or git gud and wear a jaunter you lazy shit. If you're any decent miner you snag one early on for that just in fucking case. Like holy shit even John cooper's more robust than your whiny ass.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #219969

Alipheese wrote:Or git gud and wear a jaunter you lazy shit. If you're any decent miner you snag one early on for that just in fucking case. Like holy shit even John cooper's more robust than your whiny ass.
I forgot there was a "get out of chasm free" item that nobody bought because nobody actually falls in them.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #219999

Well, to be fair. We should be able to use RCD on chasm tiles.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #220032

Alipheese wrote:Or git gud and wear a jaunter you lazy shit. If you're any decent miner you snag one early on for that just in fucking case. Like holy shit even John cooper's more robust than your whiny ass.
I always thought chasms were an instant automatic kill that basically deleted your mob. Then again I only died to one once and that was ages ago
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #220035

Good thing that there's a whole lot of mention of that particularly useful bit of information
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #220036

I think chasms should have a spooky glow to them so you can be scared of the mysterious light.also it would prevent me from redtexting because some shitmin spawned a chasm on the station during a power outage again.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #220038

I just want them swapped with lava. You don't miss lava ever and it kills you dead too.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #220044

Spoiler:
git good
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #220134

[youtube]XCDKJQ3Z8bU[/youtube]

make it do the sound effect
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #220145

Chasms are a stupid newbie trap that only ever kills more experienced players because their visuals are shit house black hole on a black floor.

It's dumb and it rarely kills anyone who wouldn't die fighting mobs improperly anyway.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #220152

Screemonster wrote:[youtube]XCDKJQ3Z8bU[/youtube]

make it do the sound effect
[youtube]MUL5w91dzbo[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #220615

Remove Chasm Insta Kill.

Replace with: Massive brute damage from impact, enough to kill a badly wounded character, but a healthy one will just be brutally injured. Teleport to Labyrinth map under Hellscape. Find your way out through a living tendril. Hyper aggressive mob Minotaur patrols it.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #220618

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Remove Chasm Insta Kill.

Replace with: Massive brute damage from impact, enough to kill a badly wounded character, but a healthy one will just be brutally injured. Teleport to Labyrinth map under Hellscape. Find your way out through a living tendril. Hyper aggressive mob Minotaur patrols it.
This was actually the original plan, minus the minotaur/tendril part. Kor never got around to coding it.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #221053

Make chams bright yellow so it burns your eyes and you still fall in
The future is horrible!
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #221459

move this to the shed where it belongs imo
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
D&B

Post by D&B » #221463

The shed beckons this thread
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Combine Changeling with Borer

Post by starmute » #231565

Changeling mode has always been very hard to balance: you are a antagonist with multiple abilities including the neat new ability to headcrab however even with all the cool ideas it doesn't change the problems in balance mechanics and some of the core problems.

Lets go into that in general:

From a protaganist/security/station point of view

A ling is very hard to detect if the opposing antagonist is any good at his job.
A changeling has a few tricks up his sleeve that make him hard to catch even if he is identified
If a changeling is robust enough, Cryogenic Sting, Dissonant Shriek, and Mute sting can do a great job and deal with any/all opposition.

From a changeling point of view

Changelings have lots of powers, they can

They have TONS of objectives. Usually its something like 8 genomes, murder x and steal y, escape on the shuttle wearing x's badge. It becomes... tedious.

Unless you go on a murder spree being a undercover super god isn't all its cracked up to be.

Then you have the Cortical Borer gamemode

While it IS fun it has no direction. There aren't any real goals and it basicly comes down to "does my host and the crew care"

Usually the case is "no".

Why not come up with a combination where you have to spawn a certain amount of boerers, kill someone, and get off station. Something like that.

Thanks for your consideration.
D&B

Re: Combine Changeling with Borer

Post by D&B » #231569

That still doesn't give any sense of direction to borers, and if the ling decides to go on a rampage later it kicks him in the ass because he now made a bunch of coordinated crewmen with healers that want to keep people alive to make more babies and reproduce.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Poorman
Byond Username: ThePoorman

Fix Chasms

Post by Poorman » #233013

It's not a huge problem, but lavaland chasms are just way too punishing, even for the deathtrap known as lavaland. It's not only an instant kill, but an instant destruction of the player mob, all for the horrendous crime of stepping on a tile. It's totally out of sync with the rest of the game.

Not paying attention for 2 seconds or hitting a lag spike shouldn't ever be punished with instant death and mob removal. Surely there's a better way to implement chasms.
Saegrimr

Re: Fix Chasms

Post by Saegrimr » #233016

Poorman
Byond Username: ThePoorman

Post by Poorman » #233034

So I should necro a thread from 2 months ago instead of posting a new one?

I'd really appreciate it if you fucked off, buddy.
D&B wrote:Get good.

Also get the fuck out of here with that "totally out of sync" bullshit when there's an antag type that can only be stopped by destroying the corpse permanently.
That's such a terrible comparison. Equating the need to kill changelings by gibbing them to an instant death and gibbing for stepping on a tile isn't even remotely similar. And it absolutely is out of sync. Nothing on lavaland is so punishing for making a mistake.

Seriously. I wouldn't even be that opposed to chasms if there was some sort of 5 second opportunity to get back on land before you fall, or if it didn't totally destroy your corpse. It's just so out of wack with absolutely everything else.

You can take several hits from megafauna, but that won't totally expel you from the round.

You can walk around in space or in fire for several minutes like a retard, but that won't expel you from the round.

But if you step on a chasm tile, a chasm which you didn't cause and had no idea was there, or fall into one due to server lag, it's fucking over.

Why not make people that die to fire totally burn to ashes and be uncloneable?

Why not make people who step out into space without a suit burst when they die due to the vacuum?

It doesn't make any sense.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #233038

Poorman wrote:So I should necro a thread from 2 months ago instead of posting a new one?

I'd really appreciate it if you fucked off, buddy.
Everybody else does for some reason, but no the intention was to get you to read everything you're going to hear in this thread anyway.

Namely.

"Git gud"
"How did you even die to that"
"Git gud"
"No really git gud theres a handful of items that specifically prevents you from dieing to these"
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #233039

You are literally one of two people who has a problem with them. They are dangerous but if you pay attention it is pretty simple to not step in them
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster