Who wants some Necropolis lore?

A place to record your ideas for the game.
HellstormRoss
Byond Username: Hellstorm of the Dark Gods

Who wants some Necropolis lore?

Post by HellstormRoss » #220348

Currently I am working with a few friends to create some lore and even a few antagonists centered around the Necropolis. We might even make a new server using that as a base for our work. If any coder wants to help, please do. We need all the help we can get. PM me if you want to help or have questions.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Who wants some Necropolis lore?

Post by DemonFiren » #220369

People here have called slippery slope in the past on the basis that "lore" rhymes with "vore".
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
HellstormRoss

Post by HellstormRoss » #220605

DemonFiren wrote:"lore" rhymes with "vore".
N-no...
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #221030

Actually the official lavaland lord is that edge-sie attacked the asteroid
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #221042

I like to believe that Lavaland is one of the moons that orbits the gas giant that SS13 orbits for plasma study.

Asteroid was a chunk of Lavaland was was expelled by the moon, and was eventually depleted. Without an easy source of solid plasma to mine and use, operations were moved to the moon proper.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
HellstormRoss

Post by HellstormRoss » #221126

While the Lavaland is pretty cool, I was thing on expanding the lore for that big fucking gate and the tendrils that make the various monsters that inhabit the land.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #221134

Fuck no.

Then you limit changes or additions that can be made to lava land because they're not lore friendly.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #221135

Lore is one thing and theme is another. As far as I understand, you can add any kind of zany stuff even if it doesn't fit a common theme as long as it is a ruin, while proper Lavaland items and creatures have to go with the "hellscape" theme.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #221136

Lore has, for SS13, always fitted around the gameplay, not the gameplay having to fit the lore.

Any lore we do come up with can easily be alterd or changed in the future to account for future code changes to lavaland/necroplis/whatever. I see no reason why some lore can't be drawn up and made official.

When I made the lore change of adding Lizards officially to our lore I put up a thread and a thread vote on my suggestion and what I was proposing, the vote passed and I added it to the wiki.

There was a very old rule that to add new lore to the game officially that you needed to put up the thread and get a majority vote in favor, but that rules long been forgotten.
HellstormRoss

Post by HellstormRoss » #221619

As of right now I have a small lore team working when they can to make short stories and well...MORE LORE! I am writing up one of the antags I plan to add to the game. My only problem is that I have no knowledge of coding so making my own server idea is KINDA out the window, and adding, balancing, spriting everything I plan to add will require people with that skill. So if any coder wants to take the lore and planned up antags PLEASE do it. I will be posting all short stories and antags soon. I'm a bit of a slacker...
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #221629

vaguely sci fi explanation: The same people/aliens that built the away mission gates decided to build an even bigger and fancier gate, and ran into the classic problem of accidentally making a portal to hell. Lavaland was their home planet before it got wrecked. The necropolis was their lab/capital/FTL airport gate hub. The final boss of the city is the corrupted gate itself, the source of all the spooky tentacles monsters.

alternate explanation: It's magic aint gotta explain shit, it's got minerals so you're mining there, better off leaving it unexplained. Maybe it's literally hell for no reason.

I will probably never finish or expand on this stuff, interested to see what others come up with.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #221647

So basically Doom but replace the Doomguy with a bunch of bumbling morons with 3rd rate equipment and them trying to mine the decayed remains of a once great civilization for a quick and dirty profit.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #221988

The thing about lore is, having a specific written out paragraph of an absolute on the lore is a bad idea. The reason we have no structured lore is not because everyone is lazy, but because clearly defined lore allows for less creativity, less flexibility, and doesn't let you use your imagination. That's the exact reason the only lore we do have is very basic specifically defined bullet points ("Nanotrasen is a large galactic superpower. Centcomm is a regional headquarters.")
It's just more interesting if there is vague lore.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.