Splash Memes and Slipping

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Splash Memes and Slipping

Post by Cobby » #113671

Have made spray bottles effectively useless against people and by consequence nearly everything that isn't "spam patches" when it comes to chem [See: Synth Spray] has been removed because of it.

If this wasn't an intended consequence, my bad, but I think it's very unfun currently and I hope it gets changed or better yet just removed entirely. Slipping should be and forever be a lmao prank by the clown and botany with there 0pot bananas.
Last edited by Cobby on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Splash Memes and Slipping

Post by Scones » #113672

I think spray was changed so it couldn't be used to replicate the effect of patches on corpses?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #113673

spray and smoke application is actually an intelligent and interesting (if unbalanced) method of applying the shitty snowflake patch chems.
It's a shame if they're gone while patches are not.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #113674

also bring back foamestry
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #113712

Scones wrote:I think spray was changed so it couldn't be used to replicate the effect of patches on corpses?
It doesn't even work on alive people now, I was spraying away [lewd] with my synthspray and they weren't getting healed.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #117059

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:also bring back foamestry
Hang on for a second. Someone nerfed/removed foam + chems?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #117137

iamgoofball wrote:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:also bring back foamestry
Hang on for a second. Someone nerfed/removed foam + chems?
yes, foam is basically useless now. i had 20u of styptic in a foam grenade and it didn't heal anyone whatsoever
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #117139

I really don't get the nerfs on foam and smoke to primarily weaken grenades. Is getting gibbed by bombs or singulo/ having the very structure of your workplace ruined really that much better than a grenade that just kills people? Which is worst case scenario obviously some grenades are even mundane or helpful but whatever. Guess mustard gas shouldn't have killed anyone in WW1 since it was obviously too diffuse to mutilate people's lungs.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #117141

I am pretty sure it was changed so theres more type of apllications instead of just TOUCH and that other one. Aka spraying patch chemicles on someone wont heal them like patches would, and it makes sense.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #117144

Just googles the touch reagents and antihemorrhagic agents can be sprays because the promotion of clotting is what makes it work not being a powder necessarily a quick search reveals a few products claiming to be styptic sprays, development of silver sulfadine sprays were tested apparently viscosity problems makes them a bit lower volume and it didn't seem to catch on still possible though, the RenovaCare SkinGun is a real thing being used in burn treatments now and while it uses stem cells instead of synthflesh the principle is the same and probably easier with a full beaker of crap to spray, nothing on strange reagent yet when we become able to raise the dead though I guess we can readdress this later. There is nothing magical about patches or swabs, it is a good delivery system good for some things but it isn't the only way to apply medicinal treatments to the outside of the human body.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #117153

Incomptinence wrote:Just googles the touch reagents and antihemorrhagic agents can be sprays because the promotion of clotting is what makes it work not being a powder necessarily a quick search reveals a few products claiming to be styptic sprays, development of silver sulfadine sprays were tested apparently viscosity problems makes them a bit lower volume and it didn't seem to catch on still possible though, the RenovaCare SkinGun is a real thing being used in burn treatments now and while it uses stem cells instead of synthflesh the principle is the same and probably easier with a full beaker of crap to spray, nothing on strange reagent yet when we become able to raise the dead though I guess we can readdress this later. There is nothing magical about patches or swabs, it is a good delivery system good for some things but it isn't the only way to apply medicinal treatments to the outside of the human body.
So no reading that.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #117154

Sorry I broke out the single paragraph posts before halloween, I do hope you are not too spooked.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #117164

Incomptinence wrote:Sorry I broke out the single paragraph posts before halloween, I do hope you are not too spooked.
Can you break out the full stops with them.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #117166

Apologies that sentence got longer than intended.