PR#11689 Security Weapon Overhaul: Auto Rifle Edition

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: PR#11689 Security Weapon Overhaul: Auto Rifle Edition

Post by Stickymayhem » #118523

Bottom post of the previous page:

>Using a maxcap explosion when syndiebombs are 99.994% the thing used to break into the armory.

I hope you're not doing that on purpose.

Also that explosion didn't touch the APCs, didn't breach the wardens office and basically had a minimal affect on the brig at all.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #118529

What I was trying to demonstrate was that if you compared the old bomb cap on the old armoury to the new bomb cap on my newer proposed armoury that the effects of the bomb are almost identical.

Also Sticky, the first picture I took detonated the bomb directly above the Auto Rifles, here's a image where I detonated the bomb in the direct centre above the armoury instead of too the left.

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #118538

Make security lasers not suck first.

why are security lasers still not buffed?

There is literally no ranged weapon (that is actually meant as a weapon) that is worse in incapacitating a person than the laser gun.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #118622

CPTANT wrote:Make security lasers not suck first.

why are security lasers still not buffed?

There is literally no ranged weapon (that is actually meant as a weapon) that is worse in incapacitating a person than the laser gun.
they're not bad if you stun the person first, tase and lase is super strong
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118709

I should note this PR is going to be trialled on the server for a while, at least until MSO's server transfer is finished/underway.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #118710

Tase and anything is super strong moron.
Absalom
Byond Username: Absalom526

Post by Absalom » #118723

The armory layout being changed vis a vis bomb damage wouldn't be an issue if MEGA SPACE WIND wasn't present.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #118820

Tornadium wrote:Tase and anything is super strong moron.
yeah but lasers crit in like 5 hits and have comparatively little cooldown between shots and they have range and shit, idk
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #118827

It's a good combination because you can then recharge both weapons pretty easily. With a ballistic tase and spray is a waste of ammunition.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118848

I've been spectating a few rounds, and while I've missed most due to sleeping, and the fact that its too early to get a definitive impression of how the auto rifles will fair...

I've seen a few instances of security members admitting that the only reason they survive a round (Rev, Cult and Gang) was due to their access to the rifles giving them the chance of not dying, they still lost the round but they did not die.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #118871

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Tornadium wrote:Tase and anything is super strong moron.
yeah but lasers crit in like 5 hits and have comparatively little cooldown between shots and they have range and shit, idk
You can crit someone faster than most people can call out for help if you're good with the hotkeys and have decent ping, its amazingly strong if you can do it consistently.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #118888

Steelpoint wrote:I've seen a few instances of security members admitting that the only reason they survive a round (Rev, Cult and Gang) was due to their access to the rifles giving them the chance of not dying, they still lost the round but they did not die.
More like the autorifles carried them. The only reason they survived is because they had access to an extraordinarily powerful weapon. It's like saying that having a pulse rifle is the only reason I survived a round after the primary antagonists had basically already won.

A single autorifle gunner won't rule a round, but a full sec force with them out will mow down opposition.

I'm going to abuse these ridiculous autorifles every chance I get and kill the entire station 5 times over with them every round just to display how stupid this is.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118889

Amelius wrote:
I'm going to abuse these ridiculous autorifles every chance I get and kill the entire station 5 times over with them every round just to display how stupid this is.
First sticky now you, seems like people are out to get me.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #118892

>W-why are people out to get messed?

Because you're shoving in shitty changes to make your department overpowered.

You're Fucking admitting it even. "The only reason I survived is thanks to your overpowered rifle!" Is not good feedback you selfish cunt
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118893

Oh not me, I've only played one round as sec post rifles and that was on very low pop.

I'm talking about others.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #118894

From the rounds I played, The auto rifles don't seem to really be as over powered or balance breaking as feared. Like at all.

In Gang Rounds sec used them and survived a little longer because they had the firepower to not immediately die, in rev they managed to hold the brig a little longer before being overwhelmed and dying.

They still lost nuke, hard.

Yeah, your fears are completely irrational and unfounded.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #118896

So how does putting weapons that are effective vs ops into the armoury do anything other than encourage nuke ops to raid the armoury?

Encouraging generic meta behaviours has never been a good thing.
Mime: Depresso
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118897

Ops have been avoiding bombing the armoury due to how dangrous it is, your essentially attacking into security and that gives officers the home field advantage.

Also, while its not the smartest plan, it is a valid tactic to hit security to attempt to deny security access to their more lethal weapons.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118898

I also had a nice converstation on #coderbus IRC and I said that, pending further testing/feedback, I might remove the burst fire capability of the auto rifle.

I may also buff the Juggs health and lower its deflection chance, as well as maybe buff the SABR with a higher ammo capacity.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #118899

Steelpoint wrote:I also had a nice converstation on #coderbus IRC and I said that, pending further testing/feedback, I might remove the burst fire capability of the auto rifle.

I may also buff the Juggs health and lower its deflection chance, as well as maybe buff the SABR with a higher ammo capacity.
Doesn't this make the auto-rifle a stetchkin with a 20-round magazine?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118903

A lot of guns could be described as a pistol with a x round mag.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #118906

Steelpoint wrote:A lot of guns could be described as a pistol with a x round mag.
I can only think of the Uzi, unless that was changed to be a burst as well when it was made a gang weapon.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118919

Plans for what I want or might want to do:

--------------

Auto Rifles
What I will do
  • Decrease magazine presence to one spare magazine per rifle.
  • Add a expensive way to produce extra magazines from cargo Autolathes, it should be more expensive than SABR magazines from RnD. In addition to bumping up the cargo crate cost for space magazines.
  • Change bullet type to a sub-type of .45 rounds instead of 9mm, or the same bullet type that SABR uses.
What I might do based on feedback/observations
  • Decrease damage to 20 damage per bullet
  • Decrease available guns from four to three.
  • Alter bulletproof armour and helmet to have identical values (body is 80 to helms 40)
  • Add RnD magazine's that increase the magazine size slightly, prehaps to 25 rounds per mag or more
  • More unique RnD items for the gun as upgrades.
SABR
  • Increase magazine size to 30 rounds.
  • Buff burst fire to three rounds per burst.
Antagonists

What I might do based on feedback/observations
  • Increase Juggernaut Health slightly, require 15 or so rounds to kill. Right now takes 13 to kill.
  • Might allow traitors to buy special Auto Rifle rounds that deal different damage, such as toxin damage or are incendiary rounds, or just general alternative ammo for traitor firearms.
  • Ensure all antag armour has some level of bullet protection (which they do generally)
I want to observe more rounds with the auto rifles, including Nuke Ops rounds.

I hope this trial can remain up for a week, this is to ensure we get maximum good feedback.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #118928

I like the ideal of having rifles, but they seem the type to be special ordered via cargo or researched.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118941

Changes I'm proposing to the PR.

----

Auto Rifle nerfed to 20 damage per bullet, in line with SABR.

SABR buffed to be a direct upgrade to the WT-550, holding 42 rounds per mag with a three round burst fire mode.

----

NEW RND ITEMS

At round start RnD can produce, expensive, alt magazines for security, they can make the following.
  • High Cap Mag: Magazine holding 25 default bullets
  • AP Mag: Magazine holding 15 AP bullets, dealing 17 damage but having 50 AP
  • Toxin Tipped Magazine: Holding 20 bullets with bullets that deal 15 toxin damage per bullet
  • Incendiary Round Magazine: Holding 20 bullets with bullets dealing 10 damage that sets the target on fire.
In addition the SABR get's its own alt magazines on offer once its researched.

Again the above mags will be very expensive, the SABR mags will be less expensive however.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118953

I should also note the current the SABR can mount a silencer, the WT-550 cannot.

E: I've also got a suggestion from someone to make end game bullets that use plasteel.

Essentially a advance bullet making method that requires (Materials 6, Combat 5 and Plasma 4) that deal 25 damage (for both WT-550 and SABR) as well as 25 AP.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118956

Ok so I've also got some new ideas, suggestions from others and my own.
  • Casless Ammo: Magazines that have double the bullets (40 for WT-550 and 84 for SABR) but deal half the damage (10).
  • Toxic Rounds: Different from the prior Toxic (Now Uranium Tipped) rounds, these need syndicate tech to lvl 4 but deal 10 toxic and 40 radiation damage per bullet.
  • Flechette Shotgun Rounds: Unique shotgun shells that fire five pellets that have a 15% chance to embed in a target. Also have several alt ammo types available.
This is in addition to the prior proposed alt ammo from RnD.
  • High Capacity Mags: Magazine holding 25 (Or 47) default bullets
  • AP Mag: Magazine holding 20 AP bullets, dealing 17 damage but having 50 AP each.
  • Uranium Tipped Magazine: Holding 20 bullets with bullets that deal 15 (or 10) toxin damage per bullet
  • Incendiary Round Magazine: Holding 20 bullets with bullets dealing 10 damage that sets the target on fire.
  • Plasteel Adv Mag: Holding 20 bullets, each bullet deals 25 damage and has 25 AP. Is very expensive and has very high research requirements.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #118957

I like this. Security needed some hard firepower to use against things like ops and constructs. Officers won't be running around with these chasing down assistants, but they're there for emergencies. Syndie bombs not fully obliterating the armory is fine with me too. Security should have the advantage in that situation. With the new armory being larger, it even opens up the possibility of ops sneaking in and taking the rifles. Perma prisoners can do this with a well-placed C4. I'm for buffing antags, but they should have to play smart. My only suggestion would be to make it so that only the HoS and Captain can lift the shutters, if that isn't already the case.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #118958

I'm also going to be slightly buffing the laser, likely to 16 rounds and 22 damage.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #118960

>laser buff

fucking finally
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
LNGLY
Byond Username: LNGLY

Post by LNGLY » #119048

>PR something retardedly overpowered and senseless
>OK guys for this patch I removed 5 damage, now it only does the same DPS as a laser cannon (not an exaggeration by the way)
>Can u merge please
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119049

Torsion gave the suggestion of making the Auto Rifle a two handed weapon, needing it to be in both hands before firing thus making it less versatile than other lethal weapons, as well as giving the SABR even more of a upgrade.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #119057

I really like the idea of making it a requirement to wield it two-handed before being able to fire. It's thematic, deals with some of the balance concerns as it takes longer to equip and fire, and eliminates the potential of wielding it with a riot shield/e-shield. It doesn't reduce the firepower of the weapon (which /should/ be significant as a red-alert shit's fucked type weapon), but it reduces it's deadliness.

I'm also a fan of eliminating burst fire, as we were attempting to move away from the "one-hit kill" gameplay that tasers bring, but you have 0 time to react before you're dead on the ground. It also just makes the text window INSANE with several people firing the rifles. Ausops ran a "CQB training" event last night, where half the security team was taken to centcomm to participate in drills with Deathsquaddies. Between only four people, two of which had autorifles, and two of which had ARG boarders, it was literally impossible to tell what was going on. This game is not meant to accurately display visuals for bullets and until someone fell over, we had no idea who'd been hit, who was shooting, or where anyone was aiming. Making it single fire would really ameliorate that issue.

I don't think either of those changes would make the rifles worthless, it'd just bring them into line with the other guns currently in the game.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119063

I'm thinking of replacing the bullet sprites, all bullet sprites, with a more clearly visible one since the current sprites are really hard to see.

We kinda get away with it currently due to bullet weapons being uncommon but if my auto rifle PR goes ahead it needs to be addressed.

Here's a example of the sprites I might use

Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119065

I'm also not 100% certain I'll be able to do two handed projectile weapons.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #119066

Those sprites don't look good, do not change them to that. Bullets shouldn't be easy to see.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119070

The sprites can be for another time.

I pushed the last major update to the PR, its now merge ready. Though I do intend to add more exotic ammo in a later PR.
Ok some major changes.

AUTO RIFLE
  • Auto Rifle bullets only deal 20 damage per bullet.
  • Burst fire capability removed, single shot mode only.
  • Several extra magazines removed from armoury.
  • Cost of cargo crates increased to 40 points from 30.
  • Alt Magazines available for research and development.
SABR RND SMG
  • Buffed to have 42 rounds per magazine
  • Alt Magazines available for research and development.
NEW ALT AMMO
New alternative ammo is on offer from RnD, these provide different damage types as a side grade but are more expensive to produce than normal ammo. All ammo types are on offer for both the WT550 and SABR, however the WT550 Magazines are double more expensive than SABR alt mags.

WT550 Alt mags can be made at round start, but still need double the exotic materials from mining.
  • AP Mag: Magazine holding 20 AP bullets, dealing 17 damage but having 50 AP
  • Toxin Tipped Magazine: Holding 20 bullets with bullets that deal 15 toxin damage per bullet
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #119073

SABR is already very powerful and does not need a buff.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #119079

Why do the steelrifle mags cost twice as much, when they have the exact same bullets, only HALF the quantity?
Essentially you would use a couple of mags for the gun, then print sabr mags as (superior) ammo boxes.

Also seriously dont buff the sabr so much. It's already good.

Edit: aaand someone merged it. Cool bro.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119080

I made the WT550 mags more expensive to make it more advisable for RnD to research to get the SABR.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119083

PR discussion locked because it was at 123 comments and already merged.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119110

Just to note the auto rifles now only deal 20 damage and have no burst fire capabilities, so single shot only.

SABR keeps its burst fire ability.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #119147

Steelpoint wrote:Torsion gave the suggestion of making the Auto Rifle a two handed weapon, needing it to be in both hands before firing thus making it less versatile than other lethal weapons, as well as giving the SABR even more of a upgrade.
>Listening to anything startoad says when he doesn't even really play, also startoad
It's like you want this to be a joke steelpoint
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #119150

I have wanted a gun i could hold in two hands for so long though. Better for operators operating operations operationally.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #119162

I did like it when I tried it a couple nights ago. Still... Lasers! More better lasers!
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #119186

Two handed along with all the other nerfs makes it pretty much pointless as far as I'm concerned. If lasers do more damage and can fit in one hand, then why bother with the alternative that can't go through windows or be recharged?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #119197

I dislike this change. I played security officer for a while, and it completely trivializes every threat. Nuke ops? Energy shields don't block ballistics. Revs? Just fire a few shots. Cult? You can't outrun bullets. Security shouldn't be able to robust every threat.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #119199

That's a pretty big buff to the SABR, especially since you can stuff like 10 mags into your backpack now that tiny items take up very little space
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119205

I think the weapons were a bit OP with their burst fire ability, hence why I removed it.

At the current stage the weapons are similar to Lasers in terms of damage, their main advantage is that they simply have double the magazine capacity (20 rounds versus 10) and that they can be reloaded in the field versus recharged at base. Also they can bypass certain energy defences (SHIELDs) but at the cost that they can't shoot through windows and that most antag armour has higher bullet defence than laser defence.

I might look at buffing lasers slightly to give them a bit of a damage edge over the rifles.

Also Nuke Op shields block bullets at a 50% rate, I guess up until now Operatives have had a easy time against security if they knew what they were doing.

If you can kill a Rev or Cultist with a Rifle you can kill them with a Laser just as well, if its a issue of invisible bullets I do have alt sprites on offer.

Edit: The bullets seem to travel at the same rate as other weapon projectiles from testing, so its not a case of bullets moving faster. I think its just that they are harder to see.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119219

I can implement a two-handed mechanic for the gun that uses the 'heavy_weapon' var, meaning you have to have a empty free hand to fire the gun normally. If not then you have a 30% chance to drop the gun when you fire and your screen shakes like all hell.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #119225

Also Ausops presented these alternative rifle sprites, do you prefer them or the current one?