Fixing genetis

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Fixing genetis

Post by Bombadil » #120299

You see more superpowers from viro than you do from Genetics now a days for a GOD DAMN GOOD REASON.

THERE ARE SO MANY SHITTY DISABILITY BLOCKS NOW. All those stupid ass voice changing genetic defects essentially means you search for ages because you have 5 extra blocks to process
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Fixing genetis

Post by PKPenguin321 » #120300

>genetis

but yeah i agree genetics really needs that young rework, there have been a few who have claimed to be working on one but it's never happened
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #120301

PKPenguin321 wrote:>genetis

but yeah i agree genetics really needs that young rework, there have been a few who have claimed to be working on one but it's never happened
I need to fix my downs syndrome

Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #120310

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #120316

Scott wrote:It's already being worked on.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/11883
That just fixes bugs. It doesn't fix the fact that your better off going virologist if you want fucking superpowers. Genetics is an extreme chore

Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #120328

i used to play geneticist cause it was just normal ss13 tedious but imo it became extra horribly routine after more blocks were added

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #120352

Yeah I haven't really bothered with genetics anymore.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #120362

Everyone told goof this would happen when he added a bunch of meme disabilities to make him feel at home.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #120578

I think that the genetics modifying machines should be more accurate at roundstart. Genetics is still incredibly easy if you know the secret methods but less experieced players have to go through crazy amounts of waiting time if they try research the regular way.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #120656

Tokiko2 wrote:I think that the genetics modifying machines should be more accurate at roundstart. Genetics is still incredibly easy if you know the secret methods but less experieced players have to go through crazy amounts of waiting time if they try research the regular way.
Secret methods?

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #120805

You can speed up research by asking viro to prepare you a DAA virus and pay attention to the blocks during the cycling mutations to spot the superpower blocks. Might have been changed, haven't done Genetics in ages because manifestation chances are way too frustrating. Getting superviruses, augmented, internals and a box full of coffee is good enough to be space worthy (the coffee overcomes the slowdown, being augmented makes you immune to pressure and cold damage). I wish upgrading Genetics makes it more accurate and improves manifestation chances since Science honestly doesn't have a real reason to upgrade Genetics.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #120808

Anonmare wrote:You can speed up research by asking viro to prepare you a DAA virus and pay attention to the blocks during the cycling mutations to spot the superpower blocks. Might have been changed, haven't done Genetics in ages because manifestation chances are way too frustrating. Getting superviruses, augmented, internals and a box full of coffee is good enough to be space worthy (the coffee overcomes the slowdown, being augmented makes you immune to pressure and cold damage). I wish upgrading Genetics makes it more accurate and improves manifestation chances since Science honestly doesn't have a real reason to upgrade Genetics.
Doesn't matter now

DNAA is getting removed

newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #120812

You don't actually have to be augmented if you have 3x stacked healing viruses and coffee - coffee heats you up, which stops the cold damage, and the viruses can out-heal the pressure damage.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #120817

I know but getting caught short without coffee is a horrible way to go, augmented is playing it safe. Plus self-resp got nerfed into the ground to the point that having 3 of them only slows down your suffocating necessitating internals which is annoying.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #120862

Bombadil wrote:
Tokiko2 wrote:I think that the genetics modifying machines should be more accurate at roundstart. Genetics is still incredibly easy if you know the secret methods but less experieced players have to go through crazy amounts of waiting time if they try research the regular way.
Secret methods?
Feeding mutagen to people has a 98% chance(or 97%?) to give them a negative mutation. If you dose it carefully and neutralize the radiation so they don't randomly mutate you'll have a monkeyhuman with all disability blocks and you can just note down the powerblocks.