Implant rejection is bullshit

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Implant rejection is bullshit

Post by CPTANT » #127019

Bottom post of the previous page:

iamgoofball wrote:I can just make it fake being loyalty implanted if they're a head rev
Then how are the heads supposed to ever win? Once again, this means I will just execute every rev I get my hands on.

yay!
Last edited by CPTANT on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #127020

But that means you can't trust anyone you loyalty implant because you have no idea if they're a headrev waiting to murder you - which leads back to killing everyone.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #127026

but thats the fun part
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #127032

suggest solutions to this problem below this post
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #127034

It's not a problem tho, git gud at rev/gang
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #127036

A revhead/shadowling/gang leader can only use their abilities (flashing to convert; thralling; using the suspicious device/pen) after they activate a special ability, which de-loyalties them (if applicable) and rejects any more loyalty implants.

For the purposes of Revolution and Gang calculations, an implanted, 'undercover' leader counts as dead.

* You are Red Hev, the Revolutionary! Convert others... ... Your flash will only convert others once you link it to your revolutionary implant. This will break any loyalty implants you are implanted with, and will reject any further loyalty implants.
* You are Shadi Ling, the Shadowling! Ascend... ... Your abilities, including hatching into a shadowling, will only work on others once you embrace the darkness. It will also break any loyalty implants you are implanted with, and reject any further loyalty implants.
* You are Gan Gaster, the Gang Leader! Dominate... ... Your suspicious device and conversion pen will only work when you link it to your gangster implant. This will break any loyalty implants you are implanted with, and will reject any further loyalty implants.

Tl;dr: these antagonists start powerless, but can be implanted - they can only use their abilities once they activate a special ability, which makes them immune to loyalty implants.

(The problem with this is that you could work against Sec by doing generic sabotage, get implanted, then activate the ability for another chance.)
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #127042

Or, you know, people could just quit fucking crying about getting killed. It is a game, sometimes you lose. Getting killed is not exactly fun but the game is pretty fucking boring when no one dies
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #127045

yeah quite frankly I don't mind if they just kill people in rev, the game mode only lasts for like 30 minutes normally
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #127047

Try not running at security as a rev head/gang leader. You have subordinates that you convert to do that for you
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #127101

CPTANT wrote: Then how are the heads supposed to ever win? Once again, this means I will just execute every rev I get my hands on.
You implant them all, and then when someone who's implanted tries to kill you, you kill them back.

Or you just execute every rev you capture, yeah. If they don't like that, they should try not getting captured.
Remove the AI.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #127109

rockpecker wrote:
CPTANT wrote: Then how are the heads supposed to ever win? Once again, this means I will just execute every rev I get my hands on.
You implant them all, and then when someone who's implanted tries to kill you, you kill them back.
When a loyalty-implanted dude tries to kill another one, he's always gonna win, because he'll always have the drop, and during rev he'll have a weapon too.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #127132

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
rockpecker wrote:
When a loyalty-implanted dude tries to kill another one, he's always gonna win, because he'll always have the drop, and during rev he'll have a weapon too.
There once was a bug where mulligan could make people who did not start implanted but were implanted in the round head rev.

Holy shit that implanted head rev got away with a lot of bullshit. It's just part of the game mechanics that you are able to trust people as sec who have a loyalty implant in rev/gang.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.