Traitor toxins feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Traitor toxins feedback

Post by J_Madison » #127054

I highly suggest getting to know chemicals before discussion.

Venom and histamine are probably one of the worst traitor toxins. Incredibly lacklustre compared to others.

Here's a simple buff to Venom.
Venom has a chance to break down into both Formaldehyde and Histamine. This makes it extra lethal as Formaldehyde breaks down into Histamine too.

Histamine by itself is so damn useless, I'm saddened by it's existence alone.
My solution is to replace it with Darexaban. A unique anticoagulant hemotoxin which hexes (6 times faster) your bleeding rate, and any damage above force 5 brute causes of bleeding when you have it inside of you. Patches, kits, bandages do not stop bleeding when Darexaban is inside of you, and Darexaban digests slowly.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Traitor toxins feedback

Post by iamgoofball » #127056

histamine isn't supposed to be dosed on its own you know

it's mainly for other poisons to decomp into it and then stack histamine damage alongside the normal damage
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #127057

iamgoofball wrote:histamine isn't supposed to be dosed on its own you know

it's mainly for other poisons to decomp into it and then stack histamine damage alongside the normal damage
Histamine is a pathetic poison regardless if it's going to be stacked. It's so weak Penetic acid deals more damage.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #127059

J_Madison wrote:

Histamine is a pathetic poison regardless if it's going to be stacked. It's so weak Penetic acid deals more damage.
histamine in large enough doses kills in seconds last time i tested
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #127062

Intiroprodil is an amazing poison and in conjunction with cooin makes people incapable of being revived without Calomel dosage
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #127111

I want Amantin to be in deathberries. The effect is perfect for traitor botanists/chefs/bartenders to spike food but it's only avaible in in the poison kit which is a shame. But when you are actually a traitor and buy the kit, then you also get Initro and Coiine which are far better so no reason to bother with Amantin.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #127113

Tokiko2 wrote:I want Amantin to be in deathberries. The effect is perfect for traitor botanists/chefs/bartenders to spike food but it's only avaible in in the poison kit which is a shame. But when you are actually a traitor and buy the kit, then you also get Initro and Coiine which are far better so no reason to bother with Amantin.
Amantin should be in amonitas instead of amatoxin, seeing as they're the same thing
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #127114

PKPenguin321 wrote:
J_Madison wrote:

histamine in large enough doses kills in seconds last time i tested
30u of Histamine is worse than 5u Coiine. Hell it's worse than other toxins too that's how weak it is.

Histamine relies on OD. And OD only occurs due to breakdown into Histamine.

I'd go so far as to say 10u Lexorin beats 30u Histamine.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #127133

Coiine and Initropidril are the real killers.

Amantin crits in doses of 10-15 after the delay IIRC, its actually pretty good.

Curare, cyanide and polonium are ok.

The stun poisons work pretty good for what they are meant to do.

rest is basically crap. You CAN go for a cocktail that causes histamine OD, but its way slower than the other poisons.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #127134

Ohw and something really important:

Can PLEASE remove seeing at a glance what is inside a glass or beaker?

It makes poisoning someone through drinks SO obvious. Examining a glass should just tell you how much total liquid is in it, Bar drinks already give a name to the glass itself and that's ok.
Cryo chambers also shouldn't instantly tell what is inside the beakers, it makes poisoning them completely pointless.

There is already a scanner thingy in the game that is supposed to tell you beaker contents iirc.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #127135

I've seen the poison in action, from spectating, and its instantly lethal.

A single hit and odds are, assuming the traitor is using the correct combo, you'll be dead or in crit within seconds. At most people might get to scream out a second before they die.

The only limiting factor to Traitor Toxins is access to effective delivery methods, a Syringe Gun works best but there's only one in Medbay. RnD can work for more of the guns.

Otherwise this will kill anyone on station, from Assistant to Captain. Odds are unless everyone know's there's someone running around with a Syringe Gun that no one in Sec or Command will be wearing any protective suits to defend against the syringes.

I think the Toxins are fine, lethality is great and it encourages stealth as if you miss your in trouble, and if people are aware of what your doing there are several suits that block syringes.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #127136

Steelpoint wrote:I've seen the poison in action, from spectating, and its instantly lethal.

A single hit and odds are, assuming the traitor is using the correct combo, you'll be dead or in crit within seconds. At most people might get to scream out a second before they die.

The only limiting factor to Traitor Toxins is access to effective delivery methods, a Syringe Gun works best but there's only one in Medbay. RnD can work for more of the guns.

Otherwise this will kill anyone on station, from Assistant to Captain. Odds are unless everyone know's there's someone running around with a Syringe Gun that no one in Sec or Command will be wearing any protective suits to defend against the syringes.

I think the Toxins are fine, lethality is great and it encourages stealth as if you miss your in trouble, and if people are aware of what your doing there are several suits that block syringes.
I'm not talking about Coiine. I'm not talking about Curare or Polonium.
I'm talking about Histamine alone and it's existence in the Traitor toxins being absolutely useless.
I feel histamine should be removed and replaced with something different. Something new and unique.

Venom is only marginally stronger than Formaldehyde. My suggested buff would make Venom potentially break down twice and speed up the Histamine Overdosing process.

Whilst we're at it, Charcoal and Calomel should not purge Histamine, Polonium, Mindbreaker, and Venom.

We already have Chems hard coded to hard counter those toxins. It's ridiculous to have it so easy to purge a traitor toxin.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #127137

I don't know nor care enough to understand each individual traitor toxins in their kits, all I'm giving my feedback is the end result of a combination of whatever chemicals that leads to a deadly effect on people.

I'm saying that its very deadly but very powerful in the right hands, and that I think that's fine.