Sentient Beepskies

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Sentient Beepskies

Post by Tornadium » #127603

This is fucking retarded, they are nigh impossible to hit.

Whoever added these is a fucking idiot.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Sentient Beepskies

Post by Saegrimr » #127604

Are you sure that's a thing and not just someone badminning by controlling beepsky?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #127605

Simple mob bots are being tested just now. Blame a badmin for the fact someone's playing beepsky, though.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #127608

Thunder11 wrote:Simple mob bots are being tested just now. Blame a badmin for the fact someone's playing beepsky, though.
As soon as I started murder boning (like within 20 seconds) they spawned players as beepskies to stop me.

Got cucked, impossible to hit the fucking things.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #127610

It was hardly 20 seconds, and you were murderboning a bunch of people on lowpop, so you deserves to be cucked.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #127613

firecage wrote:It was hardly 20 seconds, and you were murderboning a bunch of people on lowpop, so you deserves to be cucked.
No, I shot the first dude at HoP line, second dude in cargo. I was dragging you both to escape in a locker when the notification popped up.

It was certainly less than one minute.

Also spawn ERTs or some other shit, don't spawn two sentient mobs that you literally can't hit.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #127614

The server doesn't revolve around you, as much as you think you're being unfairly persecuted

The round is still going on, you've got an awful tendency to not be able to control your salt. First OOC in IC then IC in OOC here.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #127615

You can hit Beepsky; you just have to click them, instead of behind or around them. Run away and it's even easier. Murderboning on low-pop is horrendous, though; you did kind of have it coming.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #127617

I died when an admin tried to kill me, please nerf
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #127618

imblyings wrote:The server doesn't revolve around you, as much as you think you're being unfairly persecuted

The round is still going on, you've got an awful tendency to not be able to control your salt. First OOC in IC then IC in OOC here.
Sorry I take issue with testing shitty PRs in the middle of rounds instead of using say the spare server that no one uses for doing that.

Also please, that's not giving away any information about the round at all.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #127619

TheNightingale wrote:You can hit Beepsky; you just have to click them, instead of behind or around them. Run away and it's even easier. Murderboning on low-pop is horrendous, though; you did kind of have it coming.
You have it coming by murderboning during a round where you might actually have a chance?

Also try having even a tiny bit of lag and being able to click on them.
Last edited by Tornadium on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #127620

Shitposting about murderboning aside I do agree that trying to kill a Securitron is absurdly obnoxious, at least with ranged weapons.

If anyone was to address the issue, if you consider it one, significantly buff its health but allow all shots to hit it akin to a normal mob. This would allow you to hit it reliably but not kill it in two laser blasts.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #127624

The fact that you admit you were murderboning at all only makes me wish it was buttskies instead. There is a lot of ways to have fun as an antag and still be violent or keep the crew on edge. Arming up on weapons and just waltzing about the halls and killing everyone you see isn't fun to play with.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #127630

A feature is being tested, you present yourself as a perfect target to let players try the feature. Salt more.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #127631

There is no excuse for breaking IC in OOC. Don't do it.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #127634

What the fuck I thought the mob robot pr was a fucking joke this is a horrendous idea
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #127645

Thunder11 wrote:A feature is being tested, you present yourself as a perfect target to let players try the feature. Salt more.
Sure utterly ignore the whole empty server that can be used for testing without specifically fucking with someone.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #127646

Davidchan wrote:The fact that you admit you were murderboning at all only makes me wish it was buttskies instead. There is a lot of ways to have fun as an antag and still be violent or keep the crew on edge. Arming up on weapons and just waltzing about the halls and killing everyone you see isn't fun to play with.
Nor is stealing a plasma tank and escaping alive.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #127647

:thelaw: :salt:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #127651

Fun fact, Beepsky cannot be damaged by throwing shit at him.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #127746

Tornadium wrote:
Davidchan wrote:The fact that you admit you were murderboning at all only makes me wish it was buttskies instead. There is a lot of ways to have fun as an antag and still be violent or keep the crew on edge. Arming up on weapons and just waltzing about the halls and killing everyone you see isn't fun to play with.
Nor is stealing a plasma tank and escaping alive.
If that was your objective and you decided to go on a killing spree I have absolutely no sympathy what so ever for you. Traitors are supposed to be a stealth role, if you want to shoot the shit out of people have your operative and gangmode active. Complaining about being taken down by beepskies is just you being salty. If you can't find a fun way to play a non-violent role, go back to CoD or CSGO.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #127750

On an actual related note to simple mob bots... they're being targeted by AI turrets now, and overriding the safeties as an AI is permanent. (Previously you could un-emag a bot you'd hacked yourself.) Call commands don't work if they're player-controlled, either.
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #128698

TheNightingale wrote:You can hit Beepsky; you just have to click them, instead of behind or around them. Run away and it's even easier. Murderboning on low-pop is horrendous, though; you did kind of have it coming.
fuck people who complain about murderbones as long as you call the shuttle murderbone as much as you fucking want your a traitor your there to fuck things up
TheNightingale wrote:and overriding the safeties as an AI is permanent..
but why
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #128702

on the topic of player controlled secutrons I would think its mostly a nerf to have a secutron be player controlled the strength of them was always that there was no need for a player to be a fast and accurate clicker sure a player can react to crimes faster but they cant catch criminals as easily.

spawning those securtrons in the middle of a round to fuck with a traitor was inexcusable though
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #128723

tuypo1 wrote:spawning those securtrons in the middle of a round to fuck with a traitor was inexcusable though
As it was already stated, it was a low pop round and the antag was murdering people basicaly at round start while the HoP line was going on. That is to say, potentially ruining an entire round for 5+ people so he could get his murderbone on when there was maybe 30 people on the server. 5 people dead is 16% of the crew gone. And if one of these dead happens to be the only medical or engineernig crew, well the round is basically fucked for everyone
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #128735

Davidchan wrote:
tuypo1 wrote:spawning those securtrons in the middle of a round to fuck with a traitor was inexcusable though
As it was already stated, it was a low pop round and the antag was murdering people basicaly at round start while the HoP line was going on. That is to say, potentially ruining an entire round for 5+ people so he could get his murderbone on when there was maybe 30 people on the server. 5 people dead is 16% of the crew gone. And if one of these dead happens to be the only medical or engineernig crew, well the round is basically fucked for everyone
People should really stop acting like being murdered is "having your round ruined".

A big part of the game is dealing with the station going to total shit.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #128736

Tornadium whines about everything ignore this topic.
I play Boris Pepper.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #129015

I don't think there's a single post in this entire thread that isn't either salty or objectively incorrect.