Cult Improvement Drive

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Cult Improvement Drive

Post by Xhuis » #132324

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/12903
The pull request wrote: This PR aims to make cult more engaging by changing rune functionalities, introducing new features, and changing objectives. This is DNM for now.

Changes:
  • Cult structures now have a set amount of health and will break when destroyed
  • Cult floors will now heal any cultists standing on them for 1 brute and 1 burn per tick.
  • Tomes can now only be used when you are conscious, standing, etc.
  • Cultists can no longer use null rods to erase runes
  • Blind and Deafen talismans have been re-added
  • Hide and Reveal Runes talismans now have 3 uses
  • EMP runes are a new color (bluish-violet)
  • The Corrupt rune has been added; upon use, it will cultify nearby turfs and transform any metal sheets into runed metal sheets
Last edited by Xhuis on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Cult Improvement Drive

Post by PKPenguin321 » #132337

i'm assuming runed metal sheets are for making cult walls/etc manually?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #132340

PKPenguin321 wrote:i'm assuming runed metal sheets are for making cult walls/etc manually?
Runed metal is used for creating cult structures (pylons, forges, archives, and altars). Cult walls are built by artificers, Nar-Sie, or the Corrupt rune.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #132343

Bretty cool
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #132356

Make it so it also cultifies bedsheets please and thank you
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #132358

Helios wrote:Make it so it also cultifies bedsheets please and thank you
I'll probably include this with the forge's smithing mechanic that I'll probably implement.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #132368

New commit.
The pull request wrote: New in this commit:
  • By grabbing someone and clicking on a forge, you can DUNK THEIR FUCKING FACE INTO LAVA.
  • Smithing! You can add an object to a forge and alt-click to attempt to modify it. For instance, turn a bedsheet into a cult version.
  • cult_items.dm and cult_structures.dm have been moved into a new file under the cult folder, objects.dm.
  • Cult walls can no longer be deconstructed with a welding tool
  • Cult floors and walls can now be purified with a null rod
  • Runed metal is now obtainable from the supply talisman in stacks of 20
  • Many runes now require certain structures to work
  • Boil Blood now deals 75 fire damage to non-cultists in addition to setting them on fire with 5 fire stacks
  • Admin-only imbued tomes now exist for instantly drawing runes
  • You can smith a bible to create an accursed tome, which draws runes one second faster
  • Null rod wearers can no longer be harmed by tome-smacking
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #132370

Potential new sound by Cuboos. Post feedback below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/965 ... eRisen.wav
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #132389

how do regular crew break cult walls if they can't weld them? Cult already has wall runes for imprenetrable defences.

Also I'd always been under the impression that the rod only protects from cult magic, where as clobbering someone over the head with the tome is just because it's got pointy edges/hard as a brick/balance.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #132393

Years ago when I added artificers they could build R walls.

This was removed because instantly popping out very hard to remove barriers is bad.

It's gonna be the same with unweldable cult walls.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #132395

are you and lumi married you have the same last name
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #132398

this is now canon

and also off topic as hell
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #133349

This is being test-run on Sybil. Please post feedback below.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #133964

This acts kind of as a nerf to sacrifice. You could sacrifice as a lone cultist with no set up. Now you cannot. Don't know if it is necessarily better or worse considering the additions, but I definitely noticed it
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #133971

Thread locked due to PR closure and account deletion.