Please fix the nuke shuttle, holy fuck

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Please fix the nuke shuttle, holy fuck

Post by lumipharon » #148507

The nuke shuttle has been deconstructable for a long ass time now.

Probably more than 50% of nuke rounds I spectate, I see the nuke get spaced by some powergaming shit who just welds into the shuttle.

This is fun for precisely no one else in the round, and is literally just bug abuse as shuttle walls were unsimmed without any thought to the actual effects on balance it would have.
Here's a hint - the nuke op shuttle was designed to be able to securely hold the nuke.

I'm sure that this would be like, a 2 second fix as there are undamagable walls elsewhere in the game.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Please fix the nuke shuttle, holy fuck

Post by iamgoofball » #148508

isn't there a rule in the Manifesto aka our rules set on the wiki saying people can't seek out and fuck with the syndicate shuttle unless they followed a nuke op back to it
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #148509

Well that doesn't seem to stop being doing it, even when I point it out to admins, they just shrug, as literally a dozen people fly around the station looking for the ship the moment ops get called.
Also even if it's following an op or "accidentally" find the ship, being able to just weld a wall down and stop the ops from winning is gay as all fuck, and again, this would be a simple bug fix that's just bringing the shuttle back to how it was before an unintended change.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #148514

100% agree, nuke spacers are cancer and aids and we shouldn't be enabling them.
If we can't make the shuttle indestructible, then what I suggest is putting a high-caliber syndicate turret on literally every wall of the shuttle.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #148658

PKPenguin321 wrote:100% agree, nuke spacers are cancer and aids and we shouldn't be enabling them.
If we can't make the shuttle indestructible, then what I suggest is putting a high-caliber syndicate turret on literally every wall of the shuttle.
We had those before. What happened to them?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #148661

they're shit, avoidable and have huge glaring blind spots.

Seriously, this is a dead is fix. Make the damn walls nondeconstructable again. ANY other solution canand will be exploited.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #148676

Just use indestructable walls. Keep the windows, though, so operatives have to remember to close the blast shutters.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #148739

+1 For indestructible walls, the amount of times I've seen an engi borg just RCD his way in, use the charger and dismantle the ship from the inside is insane.

Whats the point of the turrets if they don't defend the inside? The AI core turrets are at least around the objective.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #148767

Make the walls indestructible tbh
The amount of "Oh I was just flying around and accidentally bumped into it tee-hee~" is fairly ridiculous

Personally I'd like OPs to carry shuttle locators to A) Help them find their way if a flOP moves the shuttle without telling everyone and B) Gives a legit way for the crew to find the shuttle.
Of course 'd like OPs to have the choice of whether to have an explosive implant or not because the defib with the combat medkit is useless with it
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #148794

I don't really want to edit 7 maps.

You should do it if you feel strongly about it. It is simple, just time consuming.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #148795

Syndicate shuttle is literally next to the station on meta, it's not like you have to look for it.
Anyway, yeah it should be undestroyable.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #148968

we should make it indestructible AND add turrets to literally every wall
that way if you so much as breathe too close to it you FUCKING DIE INSTANTLY YOU SHITTY POWERGAMER SHIT
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #148971

PKPenguin321 wrote:we should make it indestructible AND add turrets to literally every wall
that way if you so much as breathe too close to it you FUCKING DIE INSTANTLY YOU SHITTY POWERGAMER SHIT
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #149092

I have suggested having a fixed shuttle guard before, could either be a AI derivative or a borg that can't function outside the shuttle. Oh and let it move more freely.

What I am saying it why not turn it into an asset instead of a liability?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #149150

>nuke ops round
>congratulations, you are a part of the crew that can never ever leave the shuttle!

That's why borg derivatives are bad.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #149162

Make it a ghost role.

Simple AI if no observers bite.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #149165

You know, there's a simpler way to do this.
1. Have the pinpointer act as a nuke locator, so when people leave the shuttle they can find the shuttle because it has the nuke on it.
2. Let ops either buy the code to the self destruct on the station, or get it automatically when the nuke leaves the z-level.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #149269

Or just like, fix the shuttle so it works as it used to, and avoid all these pointless convoluted ideas?
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #149270

lumipharon wrote:Or just like, fix the shuttle so it works as it used to, and avoid all these pointless convoluted ideas?
There's no problem with the shuttle, or an op RECALLING THE SHUTTLE BACK TO SYNDICATE STATION, THEN GIBBING HIMSELF WITH IT SO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE SHUTTLE, THUS DOOMING THE MISSION MORE THEN IF HE DETONATED A BOMB AT ROUND START INSIDE THE BASE, BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING IDIOT.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #149271

lumipharon wrote:Or just like, fix the shuttle so it works as it used to, and avoid all these pointless convoluted ideas?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #149277

Wyzack wrote:
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #149287

>tfw you would fix but cannot into map editing
Spoiler: