Detective Antag Poll

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

How has detectives having a chance at being traitors affected your experience?

Positively
45%
Negatively
35%
It has not affected my experience in any meaningful way
16%
Abstain from voting (I just want to see the poll results)
4%

Total votes: 49

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Detective Antag Poll

Post by PKPenguin321 » #168907

Into voting
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Detective Antag Poll

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #168916

bring back tatersec
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #168979

If you really want a indicative poll your better off asking for a in game poll.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #168983

Steelpoint wrote:If you really want a indicative poll your better off asking for a in game poll.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #169010

Kor wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:If you really want a indicative poll your better off asking for a in game poll.
tfw you're not an admin

but yeah i could have asked but whatever
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #169015

Positive. Detectives should be fully separated from security.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #169017

oh yeah and i should also note that i put the "it has not affected my experience" option to help show how much bikeshedding is going on here. this isn't that grand of a change despite "muh inconsistency." it's not as devastating as steelpoint some people may think.
Spoiler:
Pilgrim
Byond Username: Suspilgrim

Post by Pilgrim » #169185

Let's be real here, the amount of interaction the average player has with the detective and the minimal chances of him being a traitor mean that most people should be answering that they haven't been affected at all.

I've been playing detective since the days when security could still be antag and I'll say that I haven't been treated differently. However, I also play maturely as an antag and do not murderbone -- all I do is behave like more of a loose cannon than usual.

In my opinion the reason antag sec was removed was because at the time the climate of /tg/ was a lot more hostile at the time... what I've noticed upon my return from a couple years of absence is that the community is a lot friendlier now. I've noticed far less griefers, people don't tend to complain too much about dying, and even on the forums people seem to be getting along nicely. In the past there was a lot of aggressiveness in the playerbase and I feel that sec antag was blamed for it.

Really, sec antag was never that bad in the first place, speaking as a longtime sec player. If they didn't play smart and stealthily they'd get robusted pretty easily -- they come into constant contact with other security, command staff, and assistants willing to kick their shit in at the first sign of shitcurity. Murderboners got dogpiled and tazed, assholes got found out and brigged by the rest of sec, and the ones who stunned and dragged people into maint wouldn't get away with it if their name was called out in public.
First: do no harm.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #169223

I chose the third option since Det-tags haven't been a real issue, but I didn't take into the fact I've played Detraitor and have seen it through observing. While none of these affected my experience [because I typically play Det if I play Sec at all], I think it's STUPIDLY easy to get whatever you need done as Detraitor.

I'm still a big fan of him losing his implant or just reverting it. It's about as easy as HoP antag, and he doesn't start with the 'friendship beacon'.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #169294

He should have his sec headset, brig access, and implant removed
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #169422

Zilenan91 wrote:He should have his sec headset, brig access, and implant removed
"He should not be part of sec."
Pilgrim
Byond Username: Suspilgrim

Post by Pilgrim » #169482

Considering how often the detective is the only security member on the server, you'd be doing more harm than good in total. Additionally, you'd be damaging security's ability to investigate crime. A detective outside of sec will just mean players will roll him in order to get the free gun and trench coat... the only reason the job isn't swamped by powergaming grey tide is because he's obliged to help sec.
First: do no harm.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #169889

This is awful. My own experiences with detectives has been them being constantly traitor (but I am a shit magnet too... ), and with sec blatantly ignoring everything they do to the point I have to stand there and lay out things like speaking to a child to get them to understand and do something about it. Which does sometimes happen, slowly, and I have seen the antag-detective put away but its hilariously rare and difficult to get sec to even give their own people a glance, the detective even more so. Remember that 'destroying trust in sec' thing? That's a very real part, and it's going right out the bloody window.

Edit: I'd like to point out however that every single interaction with the detantag since implementation has been him being traitor, because fuck my luck, and having them do things like wordlessly arrest, beat, and throw me in a cell for ten minutes without the brig (which was fully staffed) caring. Luckily the cells are not enclosed and I was able to shout until something actually happened, after 20 continuous minutes being in handcuffs/a cell, without a headset. This underscores why detantag is bad, and why sec antags were removed in that the brig is content to let itself go to shit with them in their ranks, and while I am somewhat fond of SECURITY antags, their removal also had a good logic and the sudden reversal to detantag fucks everything all up and not in a good way.
Last edited by Gamarr on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #169892

You do not need to be an antagonist to be a loose canon who doesnt play by the rules. Just the other day i had some engineer cussing me out for not doing things by the book. Happiest moment of my Detective life
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #169901

Wyzack wrote:You do not need to be an antagonist to be a loose canon who doesnt play by the rules. Just the other day i had some engineer cussing me out for not doing things by the book. Happiest moment of my Detective life
Pls pst stery in relevent thrad.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #170004

I'm pretty sure you can ahelp if an antag locks you in a room for 20 minutes where you can't do anything because that's beyond shitty at that point no matter what.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #170011

Zilenan91 wrote:I'm pretty sure you can ahelp if an antag locks you in a room for 20 minutes where you can't do anything because that's beyond shitty at that point no matter what.
Uhhh.... no. Thats when you suicide or use the ghost command.

There used to be a really old rule that you couldn't shove an ai into an intellicard then throw the card out the airlock, or do the same to a brain/mmi because they were literally fucked as they couldn't suicide, the ghost command didnt exist, and if they ended up on the constantly looping z level they wouldn't ever stop and admin wouldn't be able to delete them.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #170027

If the antag wants you to not be in the round anymore they can kill and gib/space you, not lock you in a room with no hope of doing anything but suiciding. It'd be easier for them to just murder you rather than capture you.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #170047

Zilenan91 wrote:I'm pretty sure you can ahelp if an antag locks you in a room for 20 minutes where you can't do anything because that's beyond shitty at that point no matter what.
not how it works at all
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #170233

Malkevin wrote:
Wyzack wrote:You do not need to be an antagonist to be a loose canon who doesnt play by the rules. Just the other day i had some engineer cussing me out for not doing things by the book. Happiest moment of my Detective life
Pls pst stery in relevent thrad.
Posted in the fun stories thred
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster