Tesla Engine vs Singulo

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Re: Tesla Engine vs Singulo

Post by yackemflam » #174625

Bottom post of the previous page:

Add in the fact that the tesla can straight up dust you if you're in the pen
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #174694

Actually you can turn the emitters off without entering the pen, but only if the emitter configuration hasn't been altered, by cutting the wires leading to the emitters in the airlocks.

Doesn't work if some cuck re-wires the tesla's field gens to be powered by a dedicated tesla coil and/or makes the containment double-layered. In which case then it really is unreleasable.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #174853

I got a shitty idea, make any machines (except tesla related) that gets shocked explode in a 1/2/4 explosion
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #174866

Anonmare wrote:Actually you can turn the emitters off without entering the pen, but only if the emitter configuration hasn't been altered, by cutting the wires leading to the emitters in the airlocks.

Doesn't work if some cuck re-wires the tesla's field gens to be powered by a dedicated tesla coil and/or makes the containment double-layered. In which case then it really is unreleasable.
It is. They leave 4 tesla coils inside the containment, so the worst tesla-related thing you can do to station is cut out power. And at that point we might as well replace tesla with a 3x3 tile wide machine that dispenses energy, and is invulnerable to everything except bombs.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #174868

I have no idea why a completely safe, high energy distributing engine that doesn't have to be mantained is a good idea. Even when loose, Tesla is boring.
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #174873

Man, not too long ago there were complaints that the tesla was too deadly and that it could crit you without warning.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #174879

It's not the issue whether or not it's deadly when it gets out, I don't care about that. If engine gets out, everything and everyone SHOULD be fucked and on their toes. The issue is, tesla can't escape sans sabotage. Singulo can escape very easily, if engineers neglect their job. Also, singulo eating the station is more fun than tesla leaving it unharmed.
Bring back papercult.

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #174882

Put a limit on how much the grounding rods can handle so bolts can start escaping if people just whack the PA up to 2 and leave it there.

Make it fuck with / emp equipment. Honestly, why does a ball of goddamn lightning not create electromagnetic interference at least as much as the singulo does?

Give it a tendency to do shit like overload the PA if it strikes it and force it up to 3. Do FUN shit like have arcs leap out of the other end of the cable from the tesla coils if there's too much power in the system and a tendency to MAKE too much power if you just leave the PA there zapping it. Let traitors turn the station into an electrical deathtrap by hardwiring it directly to the grid. If people wanna make it impossible to set loose by putting the equipment inside the containment field, then make cranking the tesla to max just as dangerous when contained as it is to max the PA on the singulo 'til it gets loose.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #176217

Tesla can overload the grounding rods already if it has enough balls. It's just with the tesla energy nerf you can't get it to that level without var edits.
Honestly, we just need to reduce the nerf to powering up the tesla and make it so setting the PA to 2 or 3 will keep adding balls instead of just maxing out at 10 or so.
Also tesla needs a way to increase its energy after it is let out. If you have a 0 ball tesla, it basically doesn't go anywhere and just hang around its current area. You need to have the tesla be already charged to have it actually be deadly and unlike the singulo, it just loses power continuously once released.

Also the singulo suck and cuck becomes amazing with sm singulo, where it throws shit instead of pulls it.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #176334

palpatine213 wrote:Tesla can overload the grounding rods already if it has enough balls. It's just with the tesla energy nerf you can't get it to that level without var edits.
Honestly, we just need to reduce the nerf to powering up the tesla and make it so setting the PA to 2 or 3 will keep adding balls instead of just maxing out at 10 or so.
Also tesla needs a way to increase its energy after it is let out. If you have a 0 ball tesla, it basically doesn't go anywhere and just hang around its current area. You need to have the tesla be already charged to have it actually be deadly and unlike the singulo, it just loses power continuously once released.

Also the singulo suck and cuck becomes amazing with sm singulo, where it throws shit instead of pulls it.
The tesla had that before, problem was that it would lag the server to hell with enough balls.
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #176490

Tesla getting loose should just be utterly insane, bolts should blow welding tanks up, pop big gas tanks open, melt metal shit, turn solid plasma into gas. Just make machines go utterly bugnuts.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176493

basically, we don't need the tesla to be deadlier, we need it to destroy the station instead of leaving it untouched. Also, a way to gain power? It should shock the power out of APCs, and have apcs act like the suspicious beacon
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #176510

Armhulen wrote:basically, we don't need the tesla to be deadlier, we need it to destroy the station instead of leaving it untouched. Also, a way to gain power? It should shock the power out of APCs, and have apcs act like the suspicious beacon
oh god, beelining on a route around the entire station in a web of zapping that covers literally every occupied area in a sequence, that would be interesting to see. Singulo may fuck off into space, but tesla will come for you.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176514

Screemonster wrote:
Armhulen wrote:basically, we don't need the tesla to be deadlier, we need it to destroy the station instead of leaving it untouched. Also, a way to gain power? It should shock the power out of APCs, and have apcs act like the suspicious beacon
oh god, beelining on a route around the entire station in a web of zapping that covers literally every occupied area in a sequence, that would be interesting to see. Singulo may fuck off into space, but tesla will come for you.
Yes, I came up with that idea because I want the singulo and tesla to be different in how they destroy the station, but if you are prepared then you'll be fine. For example, if you have a spacesuit, you'll be fine against the singulo, while if you have insulated gloves, you should be fine against the tesla. Of course, you also need a hardsuit, but you get the idea. Also, just as a meme, if you have an uncharged baton, weapon or whatever and you get shocked, it charges it. If it goes over the cap then it explodes in your hand.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #176958

you guys do realize that the tesla does destroy machines right
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #176967

It destroys machines same shit what sings does but tesla does it at a safer and slower rate
The future is horrible!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #176975

iamgoofball wrote:you guys do realize that the tesla does destroy machines right
it has a tiny baby chance of anticlimactically blinking it away from existence without as much as a message in chat about it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #176981

I wish the machines it destroyed were destroyed in a more star-trek style. With huge explosions that blast people away like they were running each console on a nuclear submarine's worth of power.