Peacekeeper Borgs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Peacekeeper Borgs

Post by Incomptinence » #179559

Bottom post of the previous page:

?????
?????
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #179562

I think he meant EVA.

Eh, the borgs seem like a lower quality version of the security borg. Except they scream HARM.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #179565

Steelpoint wrote:I think he meant EVA.

Eh, the borgs seem like a lower quality version of the security borg. Except they scream HARM.
That's kind of the point
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #179606

It's interesting to note that even with the current test removal of the inaction clause people still play peacekeeper borg. I guess this pretty much confirms that it's mainly played for his validhunting features, since the inaction clause removal should otherwise make it utterly useless
GeeElAge
Byond Username: GiygasLittleHelper

Post by GeeElAge » #179610

Grazyn wrote:It's interesting to note that even with the current test removal of the inaction clause people still play peacekeeper borg. I guess this pretty much confirms that it's mainly played for his validhunting features, since the inaction clause removal should otherwise make it utterly useless
Or maybe it's a new feature that not everyone has been able to play around with a lot.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #179631

The borg seems to be fairly good in its intended role. I could slow people down and be annoying, but not really take anyone down. They're bad as a rogue borg, which is good. An army of unstoppable sec borgs ruined many a round. Last night we got subverted and made into gang members. When fighting a rival gang it became pretty apparent that they only thing a peacekeeper borg can really do to permanently solve a problem is fight with a fire extinguisher while screaming harm. I managed to destroy a rival dominator once because of unrobust gangsters. We ran in circles around the dom and atmos machines while they shot at me, hitting their own stuff half the time due to the benny hill routine. Then they put up another dominator and they had their A-Team there this time. I didn't stand a chance against a guy with a fire axe and a guy with a gun who could aim.
--Crocodillo

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #179866

Luke Cox wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Everybody should spawn as quadriplegics. Hands can be used to hold items that can stun, and legs let them chase after people. If people can use potentially harmful items they'll just validhunt everyone.
strawman overload

i just cant fathom how you can think this is a good argument
i cant even argue with you because it's like shouting at a retarded 2 year old, you're too dense to understand what i'm saying, nevermind reading what i've written in the first place

:x :revolver:
The point is that every mob in the game can valid people if they really try, and thus it's a policy issue.
Are you actually fucking serious right now
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #179884

Oh noes im robust cuck who cant kill a borg!!!
The future is horrible!
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #179909

swarmers can't valid people :)
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #179910

Killing people as a Swarmer is easy, just use one of the billion exploits and disabler people forever if they walk near the breaches.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #179931

Still requires an existing hazard. Lock a sawrmer in a room with someone and there is no earthly way the Swarmer can harm them.

Plus as soon as someone has Hulk you can just laugh at the tiny robots as they uselessly try to disable you
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #179932

Then they place down a wall and laugh at you as they ventcrawl away since you can't punch their walls down with your bare hands
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #182036

>cult
>captain is lasering them and the hos is shooting them with lethal buckshot
>"peacekeeper" borg (asimov) shoots energy bolas at the cultists, stopping them from dodging the lasers and buckshot
wow I sure love grieferborgs who love bolaing everyone for no reason look at how peaceful they are
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #182041

The unloved rock wrote:>cult
>"peacekeeper" borg (asimov) shoots energy bolas at the cultists, stopping them from dodging the lasers and buckshot
wow I sure love grieferborgs who love bolaing everyone for no reason look at how peaceful they are
To be fair that situation was such a clusterfuck that I don't think the borg could have changed anything.

One borg versus the entire Security force, who are curb stomping the Cultists, is not going to end well. Not to mention the borg was on the wrong side of the fight (behind a glass wall) for most of it.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #182072

>cult had corraled themselves behind two forcewalls and were kettled there
>the constructs keep trying to space people so i'm trying to retrieve them
>they keep shooting me so i keep bolaing them so they'd stop trying to shoot people
>can't really run away with the cultists because they've corraled themselves and to get them away i'd have to drag them through space which i can't do because sillicon policy
>can't really bodyblock the shot because it's a spray weapon and the fighting is so close there's no room to do it
>can't stop sec because no disablers/batons because i'm not a secborg
>cultists still salty even though many of them probably were for removing the tools for the game that would allow me to do anything

okay.jpg
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #182074

Cik wrote:
>cult had corraled themselves behind two forcewalls and were kettled there
>the constructs keep trying to space people so i'm trying to retrieve them
>they keep shooting me so i keep bolaing them so they'd stop trying to shoot people
>can't really run away with the cultists because they've corraled themselves and to get them away i'd have to drag them through space which i can't do because sillicon policy
>can't really bodyblock the shot because it's a spray weapon and the fighting is so close there's no room to do it
>can't stop sec because no disablers/batons because i'm not a secborg
>cultists still salty even though many of them probably were for removing the tools for the game that would allow me to do anything

okay.jpg
Did you, at all, do ANYTHING to try to stop sec?
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Cik

Post by Cik » #182076

i tried to save the captain & friends who kept getting spaced by constructs, and the cultists who kept getting spaced by the wind.

what exactly would you like me to do?

they are immune to all my weapons. i probably bolaed a few of them in the chaos, not like it fucking matters because the fighting is so close in what is essentially a fucking kettled 2-tile hallway. even if i were a secborg i probably still couldn't save them.

PK as a platform for opposing sec essentially does not exist. you have nothing that can stop a man with a gun. you can barely stop a greyshirt with a fire extinguisher.

they wanted to make a stand in a tiny, poorly defended space against sec with lethals and they got fucked. there's nothing i can do about it.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #182104

Serviceborg 2.0
The future is horrible!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #182155

Wow guys Peacekeeper Cyborgs surely are Security Cyborgs 2.0 and will ruin everything 5ever.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #182159

They seem like they actively make the round worse for people so yeah they basically are.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #182169

Zilenan91 wrote:They seem like they actively make the round worse for people so yeah they basically are.
This
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #182188

Zilenan91 wrote:They seem like they actively make the round worse for people so yeah they basically are.
Every borg can do that
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #182199

Not really. No other borg has the potential to be as intrusive and shitty as peacekeepers are. Their only purpose is to butt in to things and actively make things more boring by not allowing anything to happen. Also their sprites are horrible. They're literally secborgs but less effective and more offensive because they're just trying to skirt around the issue of borgs being shit rather than actually fixing their problems.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ezel

Post by Ezel » #182202

Hey look im engineer borg i can wall shit of and make you stuck m8
The future is horrible!
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #182222

Precious memories of engineering borgs walling up armoury and brig on top of the boltings because muh harmu.
Cik

Post by Cik » #182300

oh look unopposed murderboners are interesting guise

those security gu ys / assistants with spears/the captain/the HOP make the round less interesting for me when they try to stop me from killing everyone

muh antag is the stupidest shit

remove security gets in the way of antags 2016
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #182303

Peackeeper borgs are just as obnoxious as Security Borgs are.

Their bolas can be just as lethal in many circumstances.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #182319

I told you so.
Cik

Post by Cik » #182359

Steelpoint wrote:Peackeeper borgs are just as obnoxious as Security Borgs are.

Their bolas can be just as lethal in many circumstances.
in one specific circumstance which is "there's a fucking guy with a revolver shooting at you" maybe

in all other circumstances they're totally harmless.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #182516

Well maybe if cavemen were not rushing into melee borg be damned for the sweet sweet valids the bolas could be saving lives.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #182539

remove bolas, got it
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #182544

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #182767

It's not even a stun, it's not even damage, it's not even cuffs.

Might as well demand you get god mode at this point oranges how unfathomably weak can you be?
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #182772

Removing bolas just turns into a shittier version of serviceborg
just give it uh how its called again
idk DRAGNET? with the riot control shitteroo
The future is horrible!
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #183090

The hugborg is too good it dunked me once in the several weeks since it's return so now I hate it thank you Oranghas for assisting in their removal but this still isn't enough we need to remove players too because players always dunk me and I hate them coders please help
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #184742

Nope they're pretty much at the perfect point of cuckage for ex securityborg players, so they'll stay like that.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #184757

i think we should ban cyborg players
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #184758

cocothegogo wrote:i think we should ban cyborg players
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #184828

Who the fuck thought that removing bolas was a good idea?
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #184830

WOW IT'S ALMOST LIKE I FUCKING TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN AS WELL AS SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #184834

reasonable people
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Cik

Post by Cik » #184837

it's a pointless trap option to be honest

you can stop harm better with an engiborg's RCD or by spraying people with morphine.

i mean, peacekeeper can't even stop a fist fight. you can slow them down but if they just stand there wailing on each other you can't do shit about it.

likewise with gunfights; even before with the bola you could bola them and then they would just stand still and laser each other to death.

to be honest it's pretty cute but entirely worthless. to actually prevent harm it needs tools to either detain people or create walls/repulse people/block lasers (better than the standard borgs)

as it is i'd rather just take engiborg and RCD people inside a wall. it works better and is about as cute.

making it more protection-oriented would be cool. making it be able to spread itself to have a large hitbox for projectile blocking, the ability to grab people with a hug module, absorb/reflector shield etc.

in it's current state it's a paperweight that doesn't achieve anything besides get people to yell at you for not preventing harm when you're physically incapable of it. see that round where the cultists were super asshurt about me not preventing sec from murderizing them when they kettled themselves in arrivals against a sec force with fuckloads of shotguns and a hardsuited captain with a laser. hell, if i had secborg i might've been able to make a difference.

they still probably would have all died though. obviously though, it's all my fault.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #184845

You don't seem to get you aren't supposed to be able to make a difference. That a borg whose only purpose is to stop things from happening and make the game boring shouldn't exist.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #184846

I knew that this is a slippery slope and they're just gonna turn into secborgs again

People smarter than me said that this would happen and you didn't listen, and neither did the maintainers apparently, they found silicon players' bitching more annoying than the potential down-the-road threat of you guys trying to turn them into secborgs 2.0
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #184861

Cik wrote:to be honest it's pretty cute but entirely worthless.
Just as planned, it literally exists to poke fun at the security borg players.
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #184975

Zilenan91 wrote:You don't seem to get you aren't supposed to be able to make a difference. That a borg whose only purpose is to stop things from happening and make the game boring shouldn't exist.
Remove standard borg baton
The future is horrible!
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #184979

Zilenan91 wrote:You don't seem to get you aren't supposed to be able to make a difference. That a borg whose only purpose is to stop things from happening and make the game boring shouldn't exist.
Are you saying Security needs to be removed?
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #184980

>it's a 'anti fun harm police silicons are the same thing as security' episode
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #184983

Poeple are getting horny of a bolas wwhen a standard borg can stun you and bring you to brig
The future is horrible!
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #184992

Normally reasonable people go full retard whenever Silicons are brought up
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #184999

Because they're a full retard feature played by full retards as well as coded by full retards