nerf the mule bot god damn it

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Chet Manley
Byond Username: Arnes111

nerf the mule bot god damn it

Post by Chet Manley » #190260

i just got killed in five seconds flat by somebody riding it. that is all.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: nerf the mule bot god damn it

Post by Lumbermancer » #190264

It's fucking dumb.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #190272

Just remove the pAI capability, problem solved, because rampaging sentient mulebots are the absolute worst.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #190274

Giving them lights or some kind of indication that the safeties are disengaged before they run you over would be a huge step up. Right now people kind of ignore mulebots because their 'usual' use means they'll stop and beep at you if you block their path, but every so often someone fucks with it and makes them straight run you over. Forcing a pAI to play by the same rules as the wires (and having no means to override them) if they don't already would be a step up, so they can only run over people who are knocked down, having someone standing in their way would stop the rampage. Making PDA/AI bot commands overrride (take away control) until the command is completed would also help curb some shitness as a the QM would be able to recall a potentially rogue mulebot pAI.

I.E. Cargo Tech McChuckles puts a pAI in an unmodified mule bot. The bot would move at the default speed, be unable to load people as passengers, and unable to knock people over to run them over.

Later Cargo Tech McShithead cuts a bunch of wires and his pAI bot now moves faster and can carry people around like a tram. The safey wire being cut also allows it to maliciously attack people.

The obvious solution here would be splashing a beaker/bucket/glass of water onto a bot would damage it severely and cause it to EMP itself, giving the crew a reliable and easily obtainable stun against a role that is not supposed to be lethal in anyway.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #190275

QM should be able to lockdown/blow MULEs just like the RD can do to borgs.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #190282

It's just another free antag.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #190285

Seriously, this shit is insane. Nerf pls.
Bring back papercult.

Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #190294

http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/Mule_hack.wav

I do not support this thread, I just find it funny!
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #190295

mules are hilarious though and most of the coders are opposed to nerfing them (same as tesla grilles)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #190298

Bawhoppennn wrote:mules are hilarious though and most of the coders are opposed to nerfing them (same as tesla grilles)
They are not hilarious when controlled by a pAI with a powergaming master.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #190314

ohnopigeons wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:mules are hilarious though and most of the coders are opposed to nerfing them (same as tesla grilles)
They are not hilarious when controlled by a pAI with a powergaming master.
thats exactly what is hilarious about them
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #190324

CosmicScientist wrote:What's wrong with pAI control?
Remember traitors in zero-g with magboots on-station?

Imagine that except the magboots kill anything they touch and can detatch for seek-and-destroy missions
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #190325

Anyone with a screwdriver, a multitool, a pAI, and a mulebot can create a machine that literally 3-shots you if it hits you.
Oh, you just say out-run the mulebot? Too bad the guy who created this sentient crusher can just tase you and drag you screaming to its bloody-wheel embrace.

The crushing aspect used to be limited to purely sentient mulebots (wizard memery/xenobio sentience potions), while pAI mulebots could only push over people without crushing at a time. That was changed and now the mulebot sets as the example why you couldn't put pAIs in securitrons/EDs.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #190330

CosmicScientist wrote:What's wrong with pAI control?
Because it quite literally allowed me to kill the entire station and 2 ERT groups, with little to no effort on my part.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #190376

Being able to code doesn't equal having any knowledge of reasonable balance.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #190390

lumipharon wrote:
Being able to code doesn't equal having any knowledge of reasonable balance.
In fact given given the general state of how things go it would imply the exact opposite.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #190464

Someone open a sane nerf PR and I will merge it

I will accept:

-pAI mule cant run people over (preferred)

or

-Can't put pAI in mule

Other nerfs are likely to ruin normal mulebots while not addressing the issue
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #190519

CosmicScientist wrote:I thought pAI mules didn't do any damage for these exact reasons (and were still able to indirectly kill any spessman)? Is this emagging or a recent change?
It''s ever since they start to allow pAI controlled bots. I believe it was removed at one point, but then brought back because coders are retards.

You don't even need emag. You only need basic tools and ID.
Last edited by Lumbermancer on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #190520

As it should be so traitors aren't the only thing allowed to sabotage.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #190523

Kor wrote:Someone open a sane nerf PR and I will merge it

I will accept:

-pAI mule cant run people over (preferred)

or

-Can't put pAI in mule

Other nerfs are likely to ruin normal mulebots while not addressing the issue
How about Mule can't run people over when controlled by pAI? It's not bad by itself, you can let it lose down its path or control through PDA to cause chaos (or rogue AI could do it), it's only utterly broken when someone has a direct control over the machine.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #190551

That is literally what his first suggestion is
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #190557

Friendly reminder to destroy any mulebots you see in the hallways, preferably with a ranged weapon.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #190566

Wyzack wrote:That is literally what his first suggestion is
YES IT IS.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #190590

ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #190651

Yeah they're a little silly but just make it so they can't kill you and we good. The century long stun they had before was way better.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz