Kinetic Accelerator description - fucking really?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Kinetic Accelerator description - fucking really?

Post by Jacough » #192069

So I was playing mining and decided to examine the Kinetic accelerator to check out the description. The chat box was basically flooded with a huge two paragraph essay about the history of the gun and shit. That's just way too much dumb fluff text about shit nobody cares about. Me personally? I think descriptions for items should be limited to 2-3 sentences max. Save the intricate short stories about items for the wiki.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Kinetic Accelerator description - fucking really?

Post by DemonFiren » #192070

Go to Central and examine the shuttle changer.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #192071

I was wondering when someone would finally notice this.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #192072

Been waiting for someone complaining about flavour text.

I mean there's this, and then there's that.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #192080

Yeah wtf is this sick joke EVERY TIME I go mining LITERALLY EVERY TIME I go into wastes and I turn off my maglite and my PDA light to sit in total darkness and examine the KA and EVERY TIME I miss important text saying I am being attacked by ash liggers like wtf nerf this shit I hate everyone ban them and ban flavor text. FUCK IT I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE DID THIS SHIT. HOW DUMB YOU HAVE TO BE TO HAVE SO MUCH FLAVOR TEXT IT RUINED MY EXPERIENCE OF THE GAME YOU FUCKING PRICKS FUCK YOU.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #192091

The examine was made 2 paragraphs as a joke because of how wordy the originaldescription was
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #192096

imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #192148

lengthy lore descriptions are good if they were a small link like the ? admin link for more information but bad because my headcanon is best
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #192152

Polaris has an examine tab thing that pops up the description of whatever you looked at last, with long and short examinetexts. Short version goes in the normal text window, long version goes in the tab.
Some of the more obscure items have "how to use this thing" in the long description so they don't have to rely on someone updating the wiki with every fucking PR and just tell the coders to update the examinetext if they fuck with the function of a thing.