Gravity Holoparasite Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Taylork2
Byond Username: Taylork2

Gravity Holoparasite Feedback

Post by Taylork2 » #496234

While it's cool and I like the idea behind it, it's bad for a holoparasite and for the TC of a holoparasite(probably the only worse holoparsite being the fire version). I don't know the exact stats since I don't code dive, but it's shit.

It has almost no combat ability due to it's poor stats. It's only saving grace in combat is it's special ability, which applies a pretty massive slowdown to either someone it punches for about 5 seconds, or to a single tile at a time.
So it's comes off as more of a support stand, but it has to get into melee to normally use it's ability to any effect, and while it can apply the slowdown to a tile by alt-clicking it, again lasts a very short time and only to that tile, meaning the actually amount of slowdown from it is minuscule.

It's damage resistance is 10-20% at most, and it's melee damage per hit is about 10 brute.

I think it could be improved from a non-shit Holoparasite to decent by simply increasing how fast it can punch(to similar speed of the Gloves of the North Star) and it's movement speed to around 30-50% faster than base speed. This both allows it to avoid most damage by being able to dodge attacks instead of tanking them(since it can't take hits) lets them keep multiple players slowed by being able to hit fast enough and move between them within the 5 second limit.
It also mirrors it's source material by applying this change.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Re: Gravity Holoparasite Feedback

Post by ATHATH » #496680

Taylork2 wrote:While it's cool and I like the idea behind it, it's bad for a holoparasite and for the TC of a holoparasite(probably the only worse holoparsite being the fire version). I don't know the exact stats since I don't code dive, but it's shit.

It has almost no combat ability due to it's poor stats. It's only saving grace in combat is it's special ability, which applies a pretty massive slowdown to either someone it punches for about 5 seconds, or to a single tile at a time.
So it's comes off as more of a support stand, but it has to get into melee to normally use it's ability to any effect, and while it can apply the slowdown to a tile by alt-clicking it, again lasts a very short time and only to that tile, meaning the actually amount of slowdown from it is minuscule.

It's damage resistance is 10-20% at most, and it's melee damage per hit is about 10 brute.

I think it could be improved from a non-shit Holoparasite to decent by simply increasing how fast it can punch(to similar speed of the Gloves of the North Star) and it's movement speed to around 30-50% faster than base speed. This both allows it to avoid most damage by being able to dodge attacks instead of tanking them(since it can't take hits) lets them keep multiple players slowed by being able to hit fast enough and move between them within the 5 second limit.
It also mirrors it's source material by applying this change.
Attacking faster than normal is already the gimmick of the standard holoparasite, which has a 0.8x normal attack delay and a base damage per hit of 20 (compared to the gravitokinetic holoparasite's base damage per hit of 15).

And before someone suggests it, making it a ranged attack kind of intrudes upon the ranged holoparasite's turf.

Maybe we should buff the damage of the standard, gravitokinetic, and chaos holoparasites? Is the standard holoparasite also underperforming, or is it at a good place right now?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496681

Gravitokinetic already intrudes upon the Chargers turf.

Nothing stopping it from being more of "SAME TYPE OF STANDO?"
► Show Spoiler
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #496693

Standard holoparasite is the most powerful from a straight pvp perspective. Any stun and you can murderbone the station
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #496726

Shadowflame909 wrote:Gravitokinetic already intrudes upon the Chargers turf.

Nothing stopping it from being more of "SAME TYPE OF STANDO?"
Ahh, very good point. Yeah as it stands now, the Gravitokinetic is just a worse version of charger.
Maybe with the above suggested changes but it's damage reduced to 5-8.
It would set it as more of a non-killing oriented Holo, meant more for keep enemies disarmed and helpless than it is about killing them.
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #496729

When I first read its abilities I thought it would work as a good stealth kidnapping Holo, until I heard how LOUD its attacks were.
If this is trying to be the non lethal Holo it probably needs to be a little quieter.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #496797

Ahhhhh. You poor little monkey, thinking chaos holopara is bad...
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #496844

i haven't used gravkinetic yet but from looking at it in the code it looks really strong?? like ive experienced heavy grav before it REALLY fucks you up. makes you move very slowly and attempting to pick stuff up takes time (even taking stuff out of your bag takes time when being crushed) and also crushing grab does constant brute damage, something to the tune of 3 per tick minimum i think? and it lasts until the victim gets 3 tiles off of the screen of the holoparasite which is pretty hard to do when you're being killed and have a huge slowdown

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #496845

also standard holopara doesnt attack any faster it just does the most straight up damage and plays the meme jojo noise and does the meme jojo atatatatatat anime anime anime

also chaos is good

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #496871

imsxz wrote:i haven't used gravkinetic yet but from looking at it in the code it looks really strong?? like ive experienced heavy grav before it REALLY fucks you up. makes you move very slowly and attempting to pick stuff up takes time (even taking stuff out of your bag takes time when being crushed) and also crushing grab does constant brute damage, something to the tune of 3 per tick minimum i think? and it lasts until the victim gets 3 tiles off of the screen of the holoparasite which is pretty hard to do when you're being killed and have a huge slowdown
I might be mistaken, but when I played it, it didn't work like that with the length. It just stopped after a few seconds and they were still on my screen, repeatedly. I had to move between multiple targets and try to keep hitting them before it wore off(which it did multiple times and they'd kept running after me.
Also I can't attest to the overtime damage, but considering how much of a beating even the basic unarmored engineers took before they went down, I don't think it's doing any overtime damage, and from what I saw it didn't stop or hamper their attempts to pick up items/take them out of the bag.
Might be bugged then and working improperly.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #496874

To be fair, a lot of the items that get added from this specific coder end up broken one way or another.

Fugitives is still broken.
► Show Spoiler