Jackboot Sprites

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Which of these sprites do you prefer?

Current jackboots
26%
Current jackboots
26%
Current jackboots
26%
Paprika's jackboots
1%
Paprika's jackboots
1%
Paprika's jackboots
1%
Thunder's jackboots (light)
No votes
No votes
No votes
Thunder's jackboots (medium)
3%
3%
3%
Thunder's jackboots (dark)
1%
1%
1%
I have another suggested sprite (post it)
No votes
No votes
No votes
Abstain
3%
Abstain
3%
Abstain
3%

Total votes: 147

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Jackboot Sprites

Post by Steelpoint » #53847

Bottom post of the previous page:

I just think that at the end of the day this is just a change for the sake of one, and while that might be fine the alternative sprites that have been presented have been near universally condemned as being worse than the current sprites.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #53848

Steelpoint wrote:I just think that at the end of the day this is just a change for the sake of one, and while that might be fine the alternative sprites that have been presented have been near universally condemned as being worse than the current sprites.
In regards to the OP's on model sprite the only difference I can see is the side view has less and is more blobby. The original may have a strap, which jackboots often have, or laces. Could also just be light. I don't think they are ultimately that different. Certainly not different enough to affect the overal appearance of sec, so I guess it really comes down to which people in general like more.

I like the Paprika's on model sprite a bit more than the OP's.

That said I think the item's is superior as it has some more detail while not having the weird cross. Paprika's may or may not have good shading, but it is very formless overall. Frankly I think the main problem is the current silloute, because I don't really like any of them as a final product, but that would require a more extensive resprite to fix. Gun to my head I would have to say the OP's item sprite is what I would take from the options presented. They just feel better, more agressive, almost armored or something, and while that may not be the most realistic model for a jackboot the importance of icons is that they instantly evoke thoughts. Paprika's sprite is just... blank.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #53849

Holy shit what the fuck is wrong with you dezzmont do you have brain damage with the rest of the shitposters from wild hogs or something? Jesus christ, YOU PEOPLE are the ones turning this into a big shitstorm about me, unless you're so fucking brutally unaware of your own shitposting.

Good fucking lord.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #53851

dezzmont wrote:The original may have a strap, which jackboots often have, or laces.
Stop saying this. They don't. At most they have buckles, not velcro straps.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #53852

dezzmont wrote:If someone is trying to lock this thread you sure are making it easy for them.

If a mod descends on this thread could perhaps the offending posts be deleted, and the person who instigated the fight be warned? Locking is going nuclear when it is clear no productive conversation will be had regardless of who is removed, and it is very clear in this thread that there is one person who is acting in an inflamatory manner, unless you consider demanding someone else's thread be locked so that you don't have to think about their work while accusing people of conspiracy and shitposting for what was ultimately pretty civil discussion up until and even during their involvement.

For real. I was legit proud of you folks for allowing Paprika to be transparently awful on their own. Allow people to drag themselves down.

And Paprika, the fact that this thread is in part about replacing your previous sprite does not give you the ability to arbitrarily demand the thread that is primarly about another spriter's work to be shut down. I don't think anyone could read that action as mature or reasoned. If you don't want to participate or defend the old sprite that is fine, it doesn't reflect poorly on you to decide you have better things to do, but it does reflect poorly on you to throw what ammounts to a tantrum in here to try to prevent people from changing things you worked on. If you really feel like the players are shitposting or ganging up on you and just trying to start fights, you can try to report the posts, but I am pretty sure that we both know that won't work because no one was shitposting at you until you started the fight.

Now can we get back to actually talking about the sprites rather than people and their egos?
Nobody can say it better than this, honestly.
Spoiler:
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #53853

I'm locking this thread. It has been endless arguing. In the future I would request the users involved to try to keep calm.
Hey.