Cybersun Ship - Feedback Thread.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
EgorDinamit
Byond Username: EgorDinamit

Cybersun Ship - Feedback Thread.

Post by EgorDinamit » #560465

A little bit late, but I'd like you to mention all issues and ideas for this space ruin, as it's pretty obvious that in the current state it's unfinished and may lead to weak-minded players using it as "free antag".

Links
Original PR that added the ruin itself: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/49349
Design Doc on how this ruin should work like in my opinion: https://hackmd.io/mPfrb52gSYmDe8wsgvq9zA
Active PR to rebalance things around it: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/50736
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: Cybersun Ship - Feedback Thread.

Post by Jack7D1 » #560470

I wish it didn't spawn every round
EgorDinamit

Post by EgorDinamit » #560472

Jack7D1 wrote:I wish it didn't spawn every round
Being fixed in active PR, though I'm not sure if my solution will be final.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #560495

It's been a headache to administrate.

When people ahelp about them I can't find them easily because they aren't listed as antags. What's more, I can't identify which one is the captain, they don't have a separate title. So it's in general hard to find these roles to deal with them.

Then I'm dealing with ahelps about ghosts overhearing them talking about murdering the station, or I'm getting ahelps from players because they are on station already and "are they valid" because our playerbase associates Syndicate with KOS protocol, as opposed to any other faction which could be explained as "they are scavengers, scare them off".
EgorDinamit

Post by EgorDinamit » #560538

RaveRadbury wrote: When people ahelp about them I can't find them easily because they aren't listed as antags. What's more, I can't identify which one is the captain, they don't have a separate title. So it's in general hard to find these roles to deal with them.
It's fixed in active PR.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #560566

It's a pretty sad effort in making some snowflake "let's put everything in there and turrets to protect it höhö" fortress that's protected by z-levels.

If plan was to make it scavengey, put it on lavaland and go the golem route with ship console as the 3k point reward and tell em go hunt space ruins after that "because X is broken and we need Z that is in Y space ruin". That way miners and syndies get to have fights over who gets to scavenge what so there's a risk before you blast into space. Where they will stay, hunting space shit instead of targeting station for giggles.
Instead of, you know, "here is everything, effort is optional" route that left nothing to do after five minutes. It wasn't even broken in any shape, it was perfectly functional ship with all the shit just given to you.
Of course people griffed with it, you gave em tools to beeline mechs and ultra tier weapons and no actual content to use them on.
Sole content was then the station, because that's where you have targets.

Why was it designated as syndicate anyway? Couldn't it just be "independent"? Or better yet "civilian". Traitormens already get 20tc, why do they need a superfortress?
signnatrire