Chem Blobs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Chem Blobs

Post by Bombadil » #62522

The only thing Goofball has added recently that was a good thing. Other than the cloaking power... which also unleashed laser eyes into the general public so... THe only good pr

Why the fuck is the lung destroyer a straight up upgrade from the toxic goop blob?

Toxic Goop: 20 tox damage

Lung Destroyer: 20 tox 20 lung damage

Also you should make the Split Mind command spawn a Blob that isn't the same type as its mother blob.

One round I had a blob spawn me in and we were both Toxic Goop. You should guarantee that you spawn as a different type to make split mind more appealing also make note ingame that Split Mind is a VERY useful ability for blobs. Because most Blobs are not using it maybe add a link to the god damn wiki.(Which i edited in all the changes so it would be a good idea to link to wiki for new blerbs)
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: Chem Blobs

Post by danno » #62538

Why does the lung destroyer do tox damage at all
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #62543

danno wrote:Why does the lung destroyer do tox damage at all
Because lung damage can be healed by just being in a oxygen rich environment

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #62589

Bombadil wrote:The only thing Goofball has added recently that was a good thing. Other than the cloaking power... which also unleashed laser eyes into the general public so... THe only good pr

Why the fuck is the lung destroyer a straight up upgrade from the toxic goop blob?

Toxic Goop: 20 tox damage

Lung Destroyer: 20 tox 20 lung damage

Also you should make the Split Mind command spawn a Blob that isn't the same type as its mother blob.

One round I had a blob spawn me in and we were both Toxic Goop. You should guarantee that you spawn as a different type to make split mind more appealing also make note ingame that Split Mind is a VERY useful ability for blobs. Because most Blobs are not using it maybe add a link to the god damn wiki.(Which i edited in all the changes so it would be a good idea to link to wiki for new blerbs)
I was a random spawn blob last night. When I spawned the second blob they spawned as a different type. 10/10 stuff.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #62599

The chem blobs are awesome, but whats the point of blobbernauts now? Have they been toned down since before?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #62603

laser eyes wasn't even me, that was razharas
danno

Post by danno » #62611

Bombadil wrote:
danno wrote:Why does the lung destroyer do tox damage at all
Because lung damage can be healed by just being in a oxygen rich environment
so?
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #62633

Saegrimr wrote:The chem blobs are awesome, but whats the point of blobbernauts now? Have they been toned down since before?
I believe they inject the same reagent as their parent blob. So a blob with pacid melee attacks will pass that ability down to their blobbernauts.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #62637

Bombadil wrote: Also you should make the Split Mind command spawn a Blob that isn't the same type as its mother blob.

Hi, I was the one who made Split Consciousness, it's just a flat roll for a reagent type, just as the original blob gets. if you ended up with the same reagent then it was entirely coincidence (or goofball broke something)
私は完璧
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #62682

Remie Richards wrote:
Bombadil wrote: Also you should make the Split Mind command spawn a Blob that isn't the same type as its mother blob.

Hi, I was the one who made Split Consciousness, it's just a flat roll for a reagent type, just as the original blob gets. if you ended up with the same reagent then it was entirely coincidence (or goofball broke something)
Make it a guaranteed different blob type if possible because it increases chances at winning for blobs which barely win

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #62689

I spoke to goofball at the round table last night and he said he would need lung blob down to 10 tox 10oxy which makes more sense
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #62784

Split consciousness makes it way too easy for the blob to win.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #62809

Tsaricide wrote:Split consciousness makes it way too easy for the blob to win.
Maybe increase the cost?

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #68007

Have the purple acid blobs always been in the game? Because we do not often get blob on server 2 but we got one today. They are the most bullshit thing i have seen yet, in 2 hits they can melt every bit of equipment you have, and this power is conferred to their blobbernaughts. It is fucking nuts.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #68009

You haven't even seen the bullshit that is explosive blobs and dark matter blobs.

Fucking dark matter blob is some of the funniest shit i've seen. I hope that got removed.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #68020

explosive blob oh god
chem blobs are seriously strong as fuck to start with but blobbernauts apply the effects and thus a blobbernaut with explosive gelatin is gg to anyone and everyone in an area
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
danno

Post by danno » #68021

polyacid blob better be fixed by now
a LOT of this shit should have been blacklisted out of common fucking sense man like damn what were you thinking
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #68032

leave that awful OP shit as admin only.
Also split consciousness is extremely powerful, it's pretty shitty for the crew.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #68114

Christ, I already nerfed pacid blobs once, i'm gonna switch them to sacid blobs and see how that works out.

I'm adding anchored checks to sorium and dark matter blobs.

Explosive blobs have the same exact effects as explosive vines, I can turn it down a notch if needed.
Saltycut
Byond Username: Saltycut

Post by Saltycut » #68349

I feel like blobs being able to travel through each other tiles and grow out of each others after split is extremaly powerful. They can easily 'focus fire' and cherry pick-kill crew mebers one by one very efficently.
Femstation 5ever
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #74799

That might require snowflake code