Remove reagant blob until you can fucking balance properly.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Remove reagant blob until you can fucking balance proper

Post by Wyzack » #85923

Bottom post of the previous page:

Lets all take a step back and remember that this is a video game, not some serious bullshit. We are playing this for fun. Are these near unbeatable blebs actually fun for anyone except the people playing the blob? Are they necessary as a roundending event like xenomorphs are intended to be? Should they maybe be shunted to an adminbutton?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #85927

Blob spore is an issue that I might fix during the freeze although it sounds like a pain in the ass. The cloud applies reagents regardless of internals, directly into you.

Anyways blob has a winrate pretty close to 50% so I wouldn't say reagent blobs are fucking absurd, although Morphine/Omnizine are a little too strong for my liking (Same with Explosive Gel)
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #85941

Scones wrote:Blob spore is an issue that I might fix during the freeze although it sounds like a pain in the ass. The cloud applies reagents regardless of internals, directly into you.

Anyways blob has a winrate pretty close to 50% so I wouldn't say reagent blobs are fucking absurd, although Morphine/Omnizine are a little too strong for my liking (Same with Explosive Gel)
Keep in mind that "50% winrate" doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as "balanced." To take things to the extreme, if half the reagents were totally overpowered unbeatable bullshit and the other half were utterly useless unwinnable bullshit, the winrate might be 50% but you wouldn't call it "balanced." There should probably be nerfs applied to some reagents and buffs applied to others.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #86078

Arete wrote:
Scones wrote:Blob spore is an issue that I might fix during the freeze although it sounds like a pain in the ass. The cloud applies reagents regardless of internals, directly into you.

Keep in mind that "50% winrate" doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as "balanced." To take things to the extreme, if half the reagents were totally overpowered unbeatable bullshit and the other half were utterly useless unwinnable bullshit, the winrate might be 50% but you wouldn't call it "balanced." There should probably be nerfs applied to some reagents and buffs applied to others.
It's also important to watch how round population affects this- before nukeops TC scaling was added, for example, nukeop rounds had close to a 50% win rate- but it wasn't "balanced" because nukeops lost almost all the time at high populations and won almost all the time at lower populations.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #86181

I've got some stuff in the pipelines to work on this Soon(tm).

I should even be able to bypass feature freeze by calling it a fix! :^)
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #88743

I'd like to see xray laser guns being a bit less effective vs. blobs, so it wouldn't be as binary as "If they crew gets xrays, they win". This would also fix blobs created in the late game standing no chance because the crew already researched xrays.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #88818

Blobs are bullshit with reagants. I have seen rounds where with morphine, like 3 hits from a blob spore means that someone is in a coma for 30 minutes. That is worse than phazon drunk punches.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #88824

Drunk punch was great.

>get punched once
>can't walk straight for the rest of the round