Bring back bluespace slimes

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Bring back bluespace slimes

Post by Vekter » #91362

I can't make bluespace grenades anymore. 0/10.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: Bring back bluespace slimes

Post by Incoming » #91368

I noticed this too. I swear it's a bug, or the nastiest stealth nerf ever. Literally every other slime in the game has a reaction with plasma.

Edit: nevermind I realized when all this went down https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/2875

It's still really shitty that there's a hole in the bluespace slimes rewards and should be filled with something though.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91374

So it's Aran hating fun/being too lazy to fix so remove instead of improve.

Could you port over Sayu's? I think this could be something awesome.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #91385

Sayu's version of bluespace slime reactions was also lost, ironically, when goonchem was ported there.

It can still be found in the removed code here though (https://github.com/SuperSayu/-tg-statio ... 9ed4b8a2b8)
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #91436

Bluespace nades were literally the greatest thing about xenobio.

They were fucking hilarious. If someone could bring them back and fix whatever issues there was with them, they would be pretty god tier.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #91437

I support this.
I play Boris Pepper.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #91442

why not add the bluespace effect as a chem byproduct along with adding back the slime?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #91446

If you mean as a chemical reaction instead of a slime reaction, then it can be abused in various ways which can be pretty meh, considering you can space people with it.

Also by the way, I noticed that when I had some stabilised something (sonic powder or some shit) in a chemmaster, and removed the stabilising agent, the sonic powder didn't react. I just had a beaker of sonic powder.

Is that intended behavior?
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #91450

lumipharon wrote:If you mean as a chemical reaction instead of a slime reaction, then it can be abused in various ways which can be pretty meh, considering you can space people with it.

Also by the way, I noticed that when I had some stabilised something (sonic powder or some shit) in a chemmaster, and removed the stabilising agent, the sonic powder didn't react. I just had a beaker of sonic powder.

Is that intended behavior?
From the Guide to Chemistry on the wiki:

Deafens in a radius that scales up with the amount detonated. Can be stabilized with Stabilizing Reagent. If stabilized, heat to 374K to activate.

That's precisely how stabilizing reagent works, it stabilizes the mixture which will then require some additional stimulus to go off - not simply the removal of the stabilizing reagent.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #91454

I know how stabilised chemicals work, my question was, are the chemicals supposed to stay stable even when there is no longer any stabilisation powder in the container.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #91456

Yes.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #91463

I was very dissapointed to see both the bluespace slime and bluespace event gone.

The anomaly version barely moves anything.

What issues was it causing exactly? I'd fixed it to not move pipes/apcs/wires anymore before I left. I'm not sure how moving mobs and tables was causing an issue. The PR doesn't really make it clear what was wrong
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #91473

>barely moves anything
>Remembering the glory days when suddenly the bridge was in the brig and window maze ensured
>Technical storage moved to science and it was a field day
>barely moves anything
DO YOU EVEN PLAY??
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #91475

That's what I mean. When I added it as a standalone event it'd move an entire department.

The new version flings people a couple spaces and then vanishes
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91480

I recall the old bluespace translocation event once taking all of the windows from atmos and making a wall in the arrivals shuttle whilst exposing atmos to space
Readd it it was great
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91556

Yeah, it added a sense of FUCK GET THE CODE that even the ones that literally explode or eat an entire room didn't, because even if it was somewhere you didnt care about, it might end up in your workplace
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #91591

PKPenguin321 wrote:I recall the old bluespace translocation event once taking all of the windows from atmos and making a wall in the arrivals shuttle whilst exposing atmos to space
Readd it it was great

Or the entire armory suddenly appearing on the mining outpost during a rev round.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91597

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Yeah, it added a sense of FUCK GET THE CODE that even the ones that literally explode or eat an entire room didn't, because even if it was somewhere you didnt care about, it might end up in your workplace
The game sorely needs more of this. Lately it's hard to get a reaction out of players without spawning a blob. :honk:
Spoiler:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91672

Vekter wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Yeah, it added a sense of FUCK GET THE CODE that even the ones that literally explode or eat an entire room didn't, because even if it was somewhere you didnt care about, it might end up in your workplace
The game sorely needs more of this. Lately it's hard to get a reaction out of players without spawning a blob. :honk:
not to mention spawning a blob doesn't usually get more of a reaction than "muh toe xD call the shuttle"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: