Traitorchan/DA Roundtype Probability

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Should traitor/changeling/DA be made less common at high server population?

Yes.
78%
No.
22%

Total votes: 32

Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Traitorchan/DA Roundtype Probability

Post by Arete » #91127

Bringing the discussion from singulo over here, using this data.

In the last 30 days, we've had 670 rounds from among the types traitor, changeling, DA, and traitorchan. We've had 364 rounds from among all the other types combined. When you consider that traitor-type rounds tend to last much longer than ops, rev, wizard, blob, or malf, I think it's fair to estimate that something like 80% of the server time is being spent on traitor-type rounds. I would like to see other roundtypes happen more often, and I think most players feel the same way.

Lowpop rounds currently force one of the traitor-type game modes because the others aren't considered viable for a lowpop crew. That's probably fine, although I think rev might still be fun even at lowpop. The adjustment I'd suggest is to change the probabilities for highpop rounds to be weighted more heavily toward the other game modes. Traitor-type rounds at high population just don't involve most of the crew in anything interesting.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: Traitorchan/DA Roundtype Probability

Post by Bluespace » #91128

Some admins take it upon themselves to force gamemodes to mix it up a bit, especially if they last 3 rounds has been TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITORLING etc.
I play Boris Pepper.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #91134

I'd personally like to see shadowlings, gang and/or abductors added to the rotation. Is this seriously just a code freeze thing?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #91138

No, those 3 modes are out because they ARE or WERE in heavy development and not meant for standard every round play.
Some of them are *probably* fine to put in now.
私は完璧
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91142

Bluespace wrote:Some admins take it upon themselves to force gamemodes to mix it up a bit, especially if they last 3 rounds has been TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITORLING etc.
Which is a good attitude to have, I recall having days with four malf rounds in a row (byond RNG) and it just gets stale
No mode should be repeating itself that often, and traitor/ling/DA shouldn't be exempt.
Also, put shadowling into the rotation already :V
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #91148

Remie Richards wrote:No, those 3 modes are out because they ARE or WERE in heavy development and not meant for standard every round play.
Some of them are *probably* fine to put in now.
Consider it "testing" and have your black little coder-heart beat faster.

On a serious note while abductors is not a Michael Bay movie on the surface it seems fully functional and I can't see a way it could upset anyone even if it is still in development.

With the potential to work with a single team of two it could even go on high end lowpop for a little spice or additionally work as a random event also.

Looking at the stats it is good vanilla changeling has been made rare or even removed from rotation. 6% success rate on just 10 bloody rounds how you suck so bad ling?
After that we are instead looking at 316 trait-chang rounds to go with the 322 traitor rounds, 22 double agents, 10 changelings and all of this squeezed into 1069 rounds about 62% of our raw rounds is spent on this stuff ignoring duration.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #91178

Traitor is just probably the most interesting roundtype that allows for the most variation and creativity on the part of antags and crew, and so it makes sense that it's the most played. Shadowling isn't in yet for some reason (WHY ISN'T IT IN?!).

What I CAN tell you is that I don't think I've ever had a fun wizard round since summon guns/magic was essentially removed (I looooooved the old survivor 5x summon guns / magic thing because it got the entire crew involved), and it's gotten to the point that I just suicide as a non-priority role as soon as I hear 'WIIIIIIIIIIZARDDDDDDDD!', since almost every single wizard has at least one mindswap apprentice (that strings the round on foreeeever), tries to play 'peaceful' (extended without admin events), goes robeless (mindswapping), or plays passively and evasively until someone suicide bombs them (EI NATH, zzzz). The rounds are long, drawn-out, involve a single (or handful of) antagonists that usually don't actually manage to cause much mayhem, with plenty of 'stealth' options that result in even longer rounds. Then, it mulligans into extended a good third of the time, drawing it out even more.

Then blob itself is structurally repetitive, and hence boring, on both the part of the blob and crew.

Definitely not looking forward to seeing more wizard or blob. Single antags a shit.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91216

CosmicScientist wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Bluespace wrote:Some admins take it upon themselves to force gamemodes to mix it up a bit, especially if they last 3 rounds has been TRAITOR TRAITOR TRAITORLING etc.
Which is a good attitude to have, I recall having days with four malf rounds in a row (byond RNG) and it just gets stale
No mode should be repeating itself that often, and traitor/ling/DA shouldn't be exempt.
Also, put shadowling into the rotation already :V
Is pseudo RNG possibly not too much work to ask for picking the round type without picking the same or a similar round type as the last one or more? Surely it'd save admins an occassional headache?
This idea's been suggested in the past but been turned down since it would make it easier to metagame the roundtype
"Last round was cult, so we probably wont have one this round." etc.
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #91217

Although as we get more round types that ability to count one out matters less and less.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #91227

What's the point with new game modes if they're going to be left in 'testing' for ever.

Put all the new game modes on the full rotation (which in off itself is a great trial by fire).
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #91252

> make them less common

Why not make the other gamemodes more common?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #91281

Yeah, please add the new game modes to the rotation. Abductors in particular doesn't seem to have any real problems, but it's being excluded apparently just for being new.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #91284

Abductors not only work well, they also works really well in lowpop which direly needs more variation.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91286

Which is to say, Basil direly needs more variation, and ho boy it does.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #91298

Put in shadowlings. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #91302

Amelius wrote:Put in shadowlings. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.
Shadowlings are useless. Nobody knows what to do when enthralled. Some people even repair broken lights.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91305

I guess that's because people haven't had the practice.

What you do when enthralled? Follow your bossling's orders. Bust lights everywhere. Bring more meat to the bossling.
Basically, same as allium, but you have to remain stealthificate.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #91404

Just remove DA from the rotation and we're golden. There's no reason to have a second traitor type with gear restrictions.

Also, shadowling blows never add to the rotation pls.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #91431

When you consider that traitor-type rounds tend to last much longer
If it wasn't for traitor I wouldn't even queue for civilian jobs for that very reason.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #91494

Mulligans were created as an effort to give traitor/chan level longevity to quicker modes, but the community didn't really take to that aspect (at least not yet). They just say "WHOOPS THE WIZARD DIED LETS GO HOME" before the system can really do anything. Then they bitch to me that mulligans don't do anything and it just makes them wait an extra 15 minutes to shuttle out after they end the antag.

But yeah one of the big hopes for the system is that eventually it will make most modes into something that could have a decent length even if the threat is something that could normally be quashed in a matter of minutes. If this happened the "relative time" of playing traitor/chan/traitorchan would drop significantly without proverbially shitting in the punchbowl of people who like the more moderate pacing of those modes. Still a long way from that though.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91554

On the topic of mulligan: Is your ultimate objective to make every round be a 4-hour wild ride, then disable the emergency shuttle until the fourth hour?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #91601

Maybe 2 hours would be good, 4 is a long time and a lot of people don't really have that kind of time commitment just lying around. I'd never suggest "forcing" a round to be longer than the playerbase wants it to be, I'd just like to give some tools to blunt the desire of rush calling that dominates so many rounds these days.

The whole system is time constrained to 40 minutes by config settings right now, which is fair considering given that right now it really only works for extending laugher rounds where a solo antagonist bites it immediately.

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #91612

Mulligan would be better if there was a 5 or 10 (or random) minute cooldown between killing of "main antag" and server distributing then new tators among the population. I think it would help the flow of the round.

People wouldn't instantly scramble to exploit the chaos and destruction caused by previous threat, instead engineers would engineer, doctors would heal and clone etc. It would be like a soft-restart of sorts.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #91646

Lumbermancer wrote:Mulligan would be better if there was a 5 or 10 (or random) minute cooldown between killing of "main antag" and server distributing then new tators among the population. I think it would help the flow of the round.

People wouldn't instantly scramble to exploit the chaos and destruction caused by previous threat, instead engineers would engineer, doctors would heal and clone etc.
This is already a thing, there used to be a "tranquility period" of 3 to 7 minutes before the new antags were distributed. I have scaled it back to 2 to 5 minutes though because when faced with a peace after a storm, people with access to shuttle consoles tended to say "whoops now it's boring lets go home". By the time it was time to actually hand out new antagonist roles, the shuttle would already be inevitable and the new antags would be screwed over.

Once a wider variety of threats could come from mulligan I'd probably push this period back up a bit (at least for the more disruptive antags) since seeing a wizard 2 minutes after defeating a nuke squad would be a bit much for anyone.

The problem I've found is that there's an attitude that "running from the antags" with the shuttle is as viable a strategy as actually trying to deal with them. If you rush the threats so they can't work on their objectives they'll still "fail" even though the station did almost nothing to impede them. Add on that quick calls mean more chances for antag rolls for the callers and you'll see that, depressingly, a lot of the time people would rather mash the reset button than try to deal with emergent threats.

I feel like these emergent gameplay situations are one of the few forces that can keep the game interesting for players once they've seen all the standard things space station 13 has to offer. People complain the game is boring but some of them are actively trying to keep gameplay as formulaic and samey as possible, though they probably don't realize this.

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91665

Let's make the station lose if they run without dealing with the threat then. In the case of traitor chan, it should count the number of antags on the shuttle. With greentext they count as 2, without they count as 1. If the total is greater than 75% of the number of antags the station loses.

Some system like that could lend more importance to objectives if people care, but even just surviving is good. Die gloriously could count as 1 I suppose, since it's mostly unavoidable except by keeping them from hurting themselves.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91670

Not too bad of an idea, but it kind of promotes a valid-hunting mentality by essentially making the game say "The crew got all the valids! The crew wins!".
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #91673

Make that a security specific thing. People will validhunt anyway, no need to actively promote it for the entire crew.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #91680

Stickymayhem wrote:Let's make the station lose if they run without dealing with the threat then. In the case of traitor chan, it should count the number of antags on the shuttle. With greentext they count as 2, without they count as 1. If the total is greater than 75% of the number of antags the station loses.

Some system like that could lend more importance to objectives if people care, but even just surviving is good. Die gloriously could count as 1 I suppose, since it's mostly unavoidable except by keeping them from hurting themselves.
I don't think people will care much if the station "loses"

I think people call the shuttle early because

A) They want to roll for antag

B) If they don't and the badguy kills everyone they'll get yelled at in deadchat while everyone sits around bored watching the murderboner

C) It's just plain tedious and takes too long to revive everyone/fix things

D) 2 hours or whatever in the evening when people have work and school is a significant amount of time. People can just get bored after 2 hours and want to quit as well. Who wants to be stuck as the chef for two hours?

E) (This might just be me) I like a happy ending. If we killed the malf AI I want the round to end with all the survivors living happily ever after, not suddenly becoming changelings and eating each other.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #91721

Since I've been back I think I've seen every post that I made in my last couple weeks a year ago.

Traitor still sucks, and can't do shit.

Traitor/ling/da/traitorchan make up a retarded percentage of the game considering how boring they are.

AI makes the game less fun.

There's no transparency or player input on gametype weighting.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 953#p26953

Time is a flat circle, blah blah, can we actually get some results this time?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #91753

Oldman Robustin wrote:Since I've been back I think I've seen every post that I made in my last couple weeks a year ago.

Traitor still sucks, and can't do shit.

Traitor/ling/da/traitorchan make up a retarded percentage of the game considering how boring they are.

AI makes the game less fun.

There's no transparency or player input on gametype weighting.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 953#p26953

Time is a flat circle, blah blah, can we actually get some results this time?
Feature freeze is coming to an end, hopefully some of the stuff we discussed in those traitor/AI threads will happen
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91792

I'll also be making a varying shuttle types system, where different alerts give you different shuttles which travel at different speeds. So the Red Alert shuttle, which gets here faster (for, say, when nuke ops are seen dragging the captain off) is smaller and cramped, for just getting the maximum number of people off-station ASAP, but punishes people who just call the red shuttle because they want to get home faster (Because an entire high-pop round's population won't fit without serious rioting). Meanwhile, calling a shuttle on Green gets you a more "luxury" shuttle ride back home, helping sec not get overwhelmed by shittery due to more space/seats/etc.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #91979

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I'll also be making a varying shuttle types system, where different alerts give you different shuttles which travel at different speeds. So the Red Alert shuttle, which gets here faster (for, say, when nuke ops are seen dragging the captain off) is smaller and cramped, for just getting the maximum number of people off-station ASAP, but punishes people who just call the red shuttle because they want to get home faster (Because an entire high-pop round's population won't fit without serious rioting). Meanwhile, calling a shuttle on Green gets you a more "luxury" shuttle ride back home, helping sec not get overwhelmed by shittery due to more space/seats/etc.
Inb4 everyone just lays down on the floor
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #91980

The crew has usually been very apt at stuffing a dozen people into the two or three tiles of an escape pod.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #92035

Complaining about the weighing is pointless here because this is about the codebase, not the server's settings. If you're going to make suggestions, keep that in mind.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #92036

where else should we put these kinds of threads? i don't think they would fit too well in policy discussion
subforum for config settings when?
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #92072

New round types being added as server config options is a little coding related I believe.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #92073

Incomptinence wrote:New round types being added as server config options is a little coding related I believe.
They're in as config options already, just set to an extremely low chance or disabled
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #93049

So, the poll has been up for a week. Even given that the forum population isn't perfectly representative of the playerbase, it seems like we have a pretty clear majority here. Can we get a headmin or two to weigh in on the chance of changing the probabilities?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #93109

Cross posting from the traitor balance thread cause it is more on topic here
Incoming wrote:Using the 69% win rate of revolution is kind of unfair, the number of rev rounds has become SO low that it's kind of too small a sample size to get a real number for.

The "actual" rev win rate is traditionally just about 50%, which is great. If there actually IS a tendency to revolutionaries winning more, it's probably because the roundtype has become so rare that the meta paranoia of heads has worn down a bit.

We really need more revolution rounds
Most round types apart from traitorchang and traitor are also pretty low probability.
1007 completed rounds, 29.89% traitorchang, 29.49% traitor, 7.94% wizard, 7.24% extended (events maybe), 6.85% nuke, 3.27%cult, 3.07% malf, 3.07% double agent, 2.48% blob, 1.29% rev, 1.09 gang (test), 0.69% shadowling (test), 0.59% ragin mages (badmin), 0.49% abduction (test), 0.49% monkey (what). You can do this shit with a calculator it is simple.

Keep in mind this doesn't reveal the actual server weightings because they aren't percentages and low pop heavily skews towards traitor types which is fine because the round type is near totally unbalanced in high pop by the diminishing returns equation. Sadly success rates by population isn't covered in solo antag stats I would be pretty interested in seeing how a scarcity of traitors deals with a full crew.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #93168

Holy fucking shit. Thisis why i never see cult anymore
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #93285

So basically only ~40% of rounds are not traitor or traitorchan. And I bet a sizable part of those extended rounds are not event rounds. Holy crap.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #93308

So is anyone able/willing to actually do something about this?

This is probably the simplest bloody request that you can make on these forums. No new code, no changes to mechanics or game balance, just change the weights ffs.

3% cult? 1.3% Rev?

Jesus christ these are probably the only gametypes besides Nukeops that have memorable outcomes.

Meanwhile the highest non-traitorling gametype is freaking wizard and extended.

What do we have to do to actually get even the simplest most agreeable changes implemented around here?
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #93387

Incomptinence wrote:Cross posting from the traitor balance thread cause it is more on topic here
Incoming wrote:Using the 69% win rate of revolution is kind of unfair, the number of rev rounds has become SO low that it's kind of too small a sample size to get a real number for.

The "actual" rev win rate is traditionally just about 50%, which is great. If there actually IS a tendency to revolutionaries winning more, it's probably because the roundtype has become so rare that the meta paranoia of heads has worn down a bit.

We really need more revolution rounds
Most round types apart from traitorchang and traitor are also pretty low probability.
1007 completed rounds, 29.89% traitorchang, 29.49% traitor, 7.94% wizard, 7.24% extended (events maybe), 6.85% nuke, 3.27%cult, 3.07% malf, 3.07% double agent, 2.48% blob, 1.29% rev, 1.09 gang (test), 0.69% shadowling (test), 0.59% ragin mages (badmin), 0.49% abduction (test), 0.49% monkey (what). You can do this shit with a calculator it is simple.

Keep in mind this doesn't reveal the actual server weightings because they aren't percentages and low pop heavily skews towards traitor types which is fine because the round type is near totally unbalanced in high pop by the diminishing returns equation. Sadly success rates by population isn't covered in solo antag stats I would be pretty interested in seeing how a scarcity of traitors deals with a full crew.
> 8% wizard.
> Extended above nuke, double cult, malf, DA, and triple blob, rev, gang, and shadowling chances.

Fucking why. No wonder I feel like every round is wizard if it's not traitor/ling. Lower wiz chance, lower traitor/traitorchan chance to half that (15% apiece), boost nuke, cult, rev, add shadowling, and gang to the rotation. Bleb, malf, and wiz should have the lowest chances, since they're single antags (but still realistic).
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #93716

The show round type odds in show server revision config setting is on, but it doesn't work

If somebody fixes that, you all can see the odds.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Incoming
Github User

Post by Incoming » #93719

MrStonedOne wrote:The show round type odds in show server revision config setting is on, but it doesn't work

If somebody fixes that, you all can see the odds.
If I had known this before, I would have fixed it there. Will fix.

Report yer bugs dang it.

edit: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/9824

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #94576

Thanks incoming.

Starting next round, you all will be able to see the game type odds via the show-server-revision verb.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #94584

As someone who's been playing heaps of lowpop games at dead'o'clock, I have to say gang is much better suited to low pop than Rev is, since rev depends heavily on the crew-to-heads ratio. Gang works well with or without heads/sec.

60% traitor/chan overall is just... I don't know man. Come dead'o'clock, that's 100% traitor/chan. It's boring as fuck, people go braindead, the server population only dies more rapidly unless the admin (if there's an admin) starts pressing buttons.

Cranking up some alternate game modes for low population would be a good start.

Adjusting existing game modes based on server population would be another good step. Wizards with round_up(1 + (crewpop/10)) spells, perhaps?

Gangs with conversion cooldowns based on server pop?
Mime: Depresso