Microbombs and Macrobombs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Microbombs and Macrobombs

Post by Scones » #98687

Bottom post of the previous page:

This is so horrid as an idea

It actually means that I have to crit people to arrest them if I can confirm the gamemode is traitor/DA or risk being gibbed

Like what the fuck
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #98705

You can still activate them while in crit, so it makes no difference.

I'd just like to say there is something very nice about the phrase 'macro bomb'.
Reminds me of the macro cannon from 40k maybe.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #98724

Buff the syndiebomb and make the Macrobomb the size it used to be.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #98940

Nukeops just showed up with macrobombs

These coders oh my gawd
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #98943

I'd like to come up with some constructive criticism, but there's nothing to be said.

Utterly indefensible in practice and an absolutely terrible idea to begin with.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #98948

Lets have a look at this horrible cascade of game design decisions.

Original problem: Nuke ops are loot pinatas and it causes a domino effect.
First fix: Give them explosive implants so they don't drop much gear
New problem: The implants kill more crew than the scrubops themselves / the scrubops don't know to succumb and get stripped anyway. Cry me a fucking river. This wasn't a problem.
Second fix: Remove implants, make combat hard-suits unremovable. Syndies can buy explosive implants if they suck.
New problem: Nobody buys explosive implants.
Third fix: Make explosive implants scale according to TC purchase. Except they cost as much for the same original effect, and you can now stack them up to twenty.
New problem: People shouldn't have to click twenty times!
Fourth fix: Make it so that people can buy 20 TC's worth of boom in one click.
New problem: People just buy them and go crowd-bombing. First minibombs, syndiebombs, pizzabombs, payload-C4 bombs, and now unavoidable instant-gib?

Remind me again why you didn't just make explosive implants cheaper and/or give them to ops for free?
Mime: Depresso
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #98951

>There's no problem with that because they can already do it for free with toxins.

I warned you that people will just roundstart fuck the station man.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #98953

Babin
Byond Username: Babin

Post by Babin » #98958

invisty wrote:Lets have a look at this horrible cascade of game design decisions.

Original problem: Nuke ops are loot pinatas and it causes a domino effect.
First fix: Give them explosive implants so they don't drop much gear
New problem: The implants kill more crew than the scrubops themselves / the scrubops don't know to succumb and get stripped anyway. Cry me a fucking river. This wasn't a problem.
Second fix: Remove implants, make combat hard-suits unremovable. Syndies can buy explosive implants if they suck.
New problem: Nobody buys explosive implants.
Third fix: Make explosive implants scale according to TC purchase. Except they cost as much for the same original effect, and you can now stack them up to twenty.
New problem: People shouldn't have to click twenty times!
Fourth fix: Make it so that people can buy 20 TC's worth of boom in one click.
New problem: People just buy them and go crowd-bombing. First minibombs, syndiebombs, pizzabombs, payload-C4 bombs, and now unavoidable instant-gib?

Remind me again why you didn't just make explosive implants cheaper and/or give them to ops for free?
I think by this point we've seen just about everything except the one thing that's been repeatedly suggested by multiple people
Spoiler:
starting nukeops with implants in their inventory or shuttle but not pre-implanted in their skulls
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #98966

why would i ever not implant myself then
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #98967

so you can stun and implant enemies, then kill them so they gib. honk.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #98968

What I should stress, especially to you Invisity, is that the reason the Explosive Implants were removed in the first place by Cheridan was not because they killed people, all they could do was knock people down for a few moments, but because Cheridan just disliked the explosive implants and thought that removing the implants from the game would encourage Nuke Ops to role play with the crew...
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #98973

lumipharon wrote:so you can stun and implant enemies, then kill them so they gib. honk.
then just have them spawn with implants inside of them(which they do) and are able to buy ones to inject into people(which they are able to do)
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #98982

Remove this from traitor or give them a 1 microbomb limit holy shit.

For nuke ops its funny as fuck but giving people almost maxcap bombs for no effort makes it a painful experience.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #98984

this is silly

it's not even that it's grossly overpowered or anything, which it is of course but what in the hell how many things have we broken to fix something that we haven't even fixed

this is some dwarf fortress level reasoning holy shit
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #98992

iamgoofball wrote:why would i ever not implant myself then
nuke ops medkit comes with a combat defib for a reason
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #98998

PKPenguin321 wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:why would i ever not implant myself then
nuke ops medkit comes with a combat defib for a reason
If a nuke op actually dies as opposed to getting critted or stunned, it's because either every other op in the area who could help is also dead, or a yakketysax chemist whose blood is more meth than water slipped him on a lube spray and saxxed him three miles up the corridor while hitting him with a toolbox.

Frankly the combat defib is more useful for abductions, so you can just drag the captain out into space when you leave for the shuttle, combat defib his corpse, then bring him back as a trophy of war.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #99038

IMHO just max cap the microbombs at 10 usages. Its highly tedious to purchase that many anyway since there is no x5 or x10 purchase buttons in the game (Why god why)
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #99095

Some alternative adjustments to m(a/i)crobombs; https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10186
I'd honestly prefer to revert them but I can imagine the screaming.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #99252

This is fucking absurd. I've been playing a lot lately and every single round with an antagonist with an uplink has at least one giant explosion almost as soon as the round starts.
Explosive implants are for denying people your gear upon your death. That's it. Why the fuck are they bombs at all?
This shit is unfun and outright stupid.
Spoiler:
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #99260

Literally every single traitor round I've been in has at least two people bomb various parts of the station, prompting an immediate shuttle call at 12:20.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #99262

Not necessarily a bad thing.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #99274

This also highlights an issue with the bomb cap/code changes we've made.
The cap was increased because the explosion code meant walls/r-walls etc sponge explosions well.

But in areas without lots of walls (like say, every corridor and room/department), the effect of walls is negligible, so we're just left with huge ass bombs that can completely crater an entire department.

Like, 5 gib range means almost anyone ONSCREEN with a bombcap bomb is going to get gibbed.
On the flip side, if they're any weaker, we get retarded shit like things 2 tiles away from a bomb surviving unharmed because of the intervening r-wall.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #99275

I should elaborate more so on the Macrobomb, though I think boosting it to 30 TC's would be more fair.

Microbombs should be disallowed for Traitors and DA's. Its too cheap otherwise and obnoxious.

EDIT: What exactly do Micro and Macro bombs do for us anyway? The Microbomb was only introduced to replace the Explosive Implant Nuke Ops got while the Macrobomb was introduced to make it easier to buy 20 Microbombs. Do we really want anyone outside of Nuke Ops to have access to Explosive Implants, or 20 of them?
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #99294

They were ported from Goon because Goofball
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #99296

I really don't think this is as bad as people are making it seem, Like any new toy this will be used and abused excessively when it's first put in, But it'll move back to the background once everyone has had their alahu ahkbar kicks.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #99298

Hah, it's almost as though the playerbase doesn't actually want the game to be more lethal.

However, to those thinking it will die down, I doubt it. Many people feel comfortable not using traitor TC, but will jump at the chance to gib everyone next to them if they get dunked. That's just because it's satisfying to take people down with you and it also gets the round ended faster. For as long as macrobombs are a thing (for traitors/DA) they will be commonly used. They are great fun for the person using them, and plenty of people will use them because they know they may well get dunked and want to have some fun if it does happen. For all the talk about how bad 'planning to fail' is plenty of people will be okay doing it.

Great fun for the person using it, yes, not fun for any of the people near them who are getting permanently removed from the round in most situations without any potential of counterplay. It's almost impossible to detect an explosive implant (have to hope they carelessly left the box/implanter out with prints) and short of them being braindead or somehow knocking them unconscious before they're aware of your presence (perhaps with n2o, though any prepared player will have internals up quite quickly), and then keeping them alive and unable to commit suicide or succumb while you remove the implant, you are never ever EVER going to be able to fight someone you know is implanted effectively. This is quite different even from tank transfer bombs, where you can disarm them or make sure you don't activate the proximity or ensure the bomber can't give the voice command or all sorts of counterplays.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #99357

Ohw gosh half the traitor and DA rounds now consists of traitors macrobombing at roundstart.

Who would have thought?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #99368

How about this?

- Remove macrobombs
- Set the microbomb cap to ten instead of twenty
- Make a microbomb gib you no matter how many you have (more = more explosion = gib everyone else too)
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #99374

>game starts
>3 explosions within first 2 minutes
>shuttle called

Very entertaining.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #99390

Remove Macrobombs. Nuke Ops start with one Microbomb implant that always gibs. Unable to order more Microbombs.

Holy shit every round of traitor or DA or traitorling is just macro, run to HoP/medical/Sec/bridge/main halls and max cap bomb. Shuttle gets called either by admins or as soon as it can be. There's no fun in it and no chance for anyone to do anything.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #99429

I love it taking people to be borged instead of VIP cloning service is pretty fun.

I do realize these lovely explosions are making other people have a dreadful time so it really needs to be toned down.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #99438

Now that macrobombs are getting removed, and that microbombs gib even with one, the new meta will be:

1) Get a stun weapon
2) stun random
3) implant random with microbomb
4) beat to death
5) watch them gib
6) repeat 9 more times

This is old c4 all over again.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #99450

Microbombs should be used for nuke ops denying the crew items, not for traitors to allahu-ackbar medbay. Remove it from the traitor list, keep it for nuke ops

Macrobombs are shit.

EDIT: also each nuke op can only get up to 2. you don't need 3 and more to deny items

EDIT2: actually, after seeing the discussion above and below me, traitors can get microbombs too. limitation of 2 too
Last edited by TrustyGun on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #99452

lumipharon wrote: This is old c4 all over again.
Good your sprite body is not a temple.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #99453

lumipharon wrote:Now that macrobombs are getting removed, and that microbombs gib even with one, the new meta will be:

1) Get a stun weapon
2) stun random
3) implant random with microbomb
4) beat to death
5) watch them gib
6) repeat 9 more times

That's pretty smart strategy, in my opinion. Feature (TM).
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #99456

If people want easy access to 10 ggnore gibs at roundstart like we used to have when you could gib people with c4 and welding tanks, then great. But these were removed for a reason. It's fucking unfun.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #99458

They're available for traitors too? I thought it was just operatives... hrm. Make it op-only, perhaps, á la cyanide pill.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #99472

lumipharon wrote:
The game has really gone full circle:
->ops *deathgasping to deny equipment (fluke ops don't and the crew gets their stuff)
-> ops get weapons with pins instead (people still can grab their most valuable asset the pinpointer)
-> ops now have unremovable suits (just melt the helmet off!)
-> ops have explosive implants again

Now we get c4 gibbing back.
There is no skill involved, it's no fun, it removes people permanently from the round. Those were the reason gib c4 was removed. And now it's back?
While I agree with Falamazeer, that people will exploit the fuck out of these new things leading to the swiss cheese stations we had the last few days, the microbomb implanter IS old c4 sans the humorous benefit of attaching c4 on a 99999 timer to yourself. How it is used will not change once the novelty has worn off.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #99487

oh no im getting removed from a 1 hour round :(

Macrobombs are shit, microbombs are fine.
Stop being babies about not being able to play in a round. If you want less hectic rounds go play on Basil.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99490

Playing on Basil, where you will be removed from a five hour round.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #99497

My previous post got removed for being too hostile (which I agree I went a little overboard, but you can't say I didn't have a point, MisterPerson), so I'll rephrase it in a way that isn't directed at anybody in particular and has language toned down a bit.

If you think this is a good change, I want you to go play on Sybil for at least three rounds (as you evidently have not played since they were added). Yesterday I played about seven, and in all of those seven rounds (one wasn't even traitor, it was nuke ops), medbay was a crater to space. One time I was a traitor too and needed another traitor's secret documents, but he just blew himself up in medbay before I could even PDA him.

Attempting to repair the damage caused by these holes takes too many resources and too much manpower. It is not fun to fix the holes. A lot of the time, if critical equipment is destroyed (such as the circuit imprinters), a lot of other equipment can't be rebuilt. This means that a lot of the time the holes cannot be fixed even if everyone on the station attempted to and they all had EVA gear.

Almost every single round has the AI attempting to call the shuttle and being unable due to it being too early into the round. Shuttles are called consistently at the 12:20 mark, and we consistently have at least two huge, irreparable explosions.

This change is so awful that I would like to see administration manually disable any game mode that has an uplink until macro and micro bombs removed. Traitor and nuke op rounds have been the least fun and least engaging rounds as of lately, almost entirely due to this change.

I propose returning explosive implants to their original purpose of denying the crew of your gear, instead of being a way to destroy entire departments in one uncounterable blow or gibbing dozens of people before the five minute mark.
Spoiler:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #99535

Roundstart macrobombing = instaban.
Macrobombing at any point = explain your shit to the admins.

Problem solved until this gets fixed/reverted.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #99580

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Roundstart macrobombing = instaban.
Macrobombing at any point = explain your shit to the admins.

Problem solved until this gets fixed/reverted.
Haha, no. I'm not going to bwoink an antag unless he's camping the arrivals shuttle.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #99591

remove this kebab until balancing may be done
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #99597

What about this: macro removed completely, micro only for nuke ops. Ops start with a box of five micro implants at base. They can then either use one each for gear denial and a small explosion or stack them all on one person for a macro-type bomb. It's a trade off; either gear denial for all or one suicide bomb (WAS GETTING CAUGHT PART OF YOUR PLAN?) but now your down to four ops and no gear denial. Obviously micros wouldn't be on the uplink. Why do normal traitors need gear denial anyway?
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #99598

How about people stop whinging and get used to repairing breaches?
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #99632

There's a difference between 'repairing breaches' and 'five maxcap bombs at roundstart'. It takes a while for an average Engineering team to repair one, not to mention the piping, wiring and fiddly windows, or the metal foam and firelock prep work to stop all the air leaving because of fastmos.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #99640

ColonicAcid wrote:oh no im getting removed from a 1 hour round :(

Macrobombs are shit, microbombs are fine.
Stop being babies about not being able to play in a round. If you want less hectic rounds go play on Basil.
You really don't get the fact that the coders with their 'NO REVERTS NO TURNING BACK NO SURRENDER' policy have actually done exactly that? It's not only about being 'lel ur ded' undetectable, unavoidable, department wrecking bullshit suicide bombing or implant gib c4 affecting a few players each round.
They are adamant of not reverting almost anything and yet readd a feature that was removed for a reason, albeit in a slightly different form and say IT'S FIIIIINE!

oranges wrote:How about people stop whinging and get used to repairing breaches?
Sounds like you don't have any idea what it takes to repair a max cap bomb. Sure, patching up the 40+ tiles that are space is quick and easy, but repairing all the pipes and wires in the fuckifIknow 400 tiles or so that could have been affected by the bomb can take up to an hour even with a robust engineering crew. Not to mention crucial machines like grav gen, SMES, cloning, cryo and what have you. If you really just patch the hull, depending on the location of the blast, 80% of the station can be cut off from power and air from atmos.
One explosion per hour is doable, two is really stretching it, three is just call the shuttle.

Either remove microbombs from tator uplinks or make them only applicable to the traitor that orders them with a maximum explosion of 2 or 3 epicentre.
Why the availability of stacked microbombs is very different from toxins bombs has already been established like 10 times, don't come with the argument 'But why not max cap, what's the difference?'.
If you are REALLY obsessed with having max cap suicide bombs, add actual suicide vests. At least people will freak out when they see someone wearing it.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #99642

The problem is WHY do Traitors and DA's even need access to Micro or Macro bombs? They were originally a Nuke Op only implant that was pre implanted before round start, yet now that we've finally finished the song and dance with readding the explosive implants to Nuke Ops we decide to create even more controversy by just giving other antags access to these items without much consideration.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #99643

Steelpoint wrote:The problem is WHY do Traitors and DA's even need access to Micro or Macro bombs?
Because people felt life on SS13 wasn't dangerous enough. So add instant max cap bombs to uplinks to make the game fun and exciting again. At least, that's the pretended excuse I got from all this. :roll: